Windows 10: Cannot share USB drive

Discus and support Cannot share USB drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have shares set up on my internal C: and D: drives. But now I want to share my G: drive, which is a USB-attached WD Elements drive, 8 TB. I'd expect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by margrave55, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Cannot share USB drive

I have shares set up on my internal C: and D: drives.
    But now I want to share my G: drive, which is a USB-attached WD Elements drive, 8 TB.

I'd expect to use the Share configuration panel for that. But ...

I can see the share configuration for the C: drive ...

Cannot share USB drive [​IMG]

But no such configuration is available for the G: drive ...

Cannot share USB drive [​IMG]

:)

margrave55, Aug 17, 2019

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Aug 17, 2019
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. Arun B J Win User

Cannot share USB drive

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Cannot share USB drive

1. Cannot share USB drive - Similar Threads - Cannot share USB

2. cannot defrag a USB drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot defrag a USB drive: Dear Sir / Madam,I have 2 USB hard drives.One of them is not performing stable and I have tried to defrag the drive.However, the defrag cannot locate the USB drive. But the other USB drive can.May I know how to solve this problem?Yours truly,Jackson Kwan...
  3. cannot defrag a USB drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot defrag a USB drive: Dear Sir / Madam,I have 2 USB hard drives.One of them is not performing stable and I have tried to defrag the drive.However, the defrag cannot locate the USB drive. But the other USB drive can.May I know how to solve this problem?Yours truly,Jackson Kwan...
  4. Cannot share drive on private network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot share drive on private network: Workstation is WIFI Windows 10-> I'm trying to share the drive from this computer. I added permissions including guest, my outlook account and Everyone. Network password is off. IPV6 is off. File and printer share are on.Computer I'm trying to map the driver to is Ethernet...
  5. Cannot share drive on private network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot share drive on private network: Workstation is WIFI Windows 10-> I'm trying to share the drive from this computer. I added permissions including guest, my outlook account and Everyone. Network password is off. IPV6 is off. File and printer share are on.Computer I'm trying to map the driver to is Ethernet...
  6. Drive letters for shared folders and USBs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive letters for shared folders and USBs: I have two PCs at home and both of them have 2 hard drives partitions. So, what I want is to share the second storage partition between them. I managed to do that and it works just fine, I assign the shared partition new drive letter on other PC so it appears just like...
  7. Cannot access USB drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot access USB drive: Hi Microsoft Community, I have a USB and I used it to store some important data there. After a few days, it was inaccessible and showed the following below regardless of what computer I used (including different OSses)[ATTACH][ATTACH] PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ANSWERING....
  8. USB DRIVE CANNOT BE FORMATTED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB DRIVE CANNOT BE FORMATTED: Hi, I had purchased an iBall HYBRID Dual Pen drive but now when I am inserting it into the computer (Win 10 Home Single Lang - 64 Bit) , Windows is first asking me to format the drive. But as I click on the Format button it is displaying an Error Command that "Disk is...
  9. Cannot access shared network drive

Cannot access shared network drive: On my desktop (AKA S4, currently running Win8.1 x64 pro) I have shared out four of the hard drives with full permissions. I have 5 PCs in my network and all can access the four drives. My sister is visiting and currently accessing my network via cat5 wire. On her PC (running...
  10. Cannot map shared network drive

Cannot map shared network drive: I have just upgraded from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro and have a problem with a shared network drive. Under Win7 and 8.1 I had no difficulty mapping this drive which is attached directly to my access point. However, since upgrade, I can log into the drive using a browser but cannot...