Windows 10: Cannot Show Sub Menu when I Right Click over a Drive through File Explorer

Discus and support Cannot Show Sub Menu when I Right Click over a Drive through File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Today I tried to check the disk sapce usage on one of my drives. I right clicked over the drive letter on 'File Explorer' but no sub-menu showed up.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sam Hotmail, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Cannot Show Sub Menu when I Right Click over a Drive through File Explorer

Today I tried to check the disk sapce usage on one of my drives. I right clicked over the drive letter on 'File Explorer' but no sub-menu showed up. The whole desktop screen was refreshed, or something like restarted. I couldn't open the sub-menu for choosing the 'Properties' entry. I tried all the drives and they behaved in the same way.

My Win 10 was installed with '2020-10 Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based systems KB4579311' and '2020-10 Cumulative update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64 KB4578968.

:)

Sam Hotmail, Oct 17, 2020

2. File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

The File Explorer in Windows 10, shows the Frequent folders list and Recent files list by default. You can view the drives by clicking on This PC tab on the left site of the File Explorer. But if you wish the File Explorer
    to open This PC showing drives list by default, then follow these steps:

1. In Windows 10, open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.

2. In the View tab, find and click on Options, listed by default on the far right side of the ribbon.

3. In the Folder Options window, make sure you’re on the General tab and then find the drop-down box labeled Open File Explorer To. Click the drop-down menu and select This PC. Click OK to
    save your changes and close the window. Now your File Explorer opens to Drives list by default.

Hope this helps!

JohnCalton, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. Cannot Show Sub Menu when I Right Click over a Drive through File Explorer

'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer

I just submitted this suggestion on Windows Uservoice:

The idea: the right-click menu for folders in File Explorer has an option called 'Open in new window', which opens that folder in a new File Explorer window. Very useful for copying and moving things, and opening destination folders without accessing the start menu a second time.

right-click menu option for File Explorer – Feature Suggestions for Windows

Delicieuxz, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Show Sub Menu when I Right Click over a Drive through File Explorer

1. Cannot Show Sub Menu when I Right Click over a Drive through File Explorer - Similar Threads - Cannot Show Sub

2. Windows File Explorer right click menu is selecting files through the menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File Explorer right click menu is selecting files through the menu: In Windows 11 File Explorer, if I select a file and right click it to choose something from the dropdown list, like copy, instead of selecting the menu item, it selects the file underneath the menu item. It's basically clicking through the dropdown list. I have to right click...
  3. Windows File Explorer right click menu is selecting files through the menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Explorer right click menu is selecting files through the menu: In Windows 11 File Explorer, if I select a file and right click it to choose something from the dropdown list, like copy, instead of selecting the menu item, it selects the file underneath the menu item. It's basically clicking through the dropdown list. I have to right click...
  4. File Explorer And right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer And right click menu: When I try to open properties menu in file explorer noting pops up Don't know what to do I've tried sfc/scannow as admin and in safe mode and still did not work.My right click Context menu doesn't work either But works on chrome but not the desktop it self...
  5. File Explorer And right click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer And right click menu: When I try to open properties menu in file explorer noting pops up Don't know what to do I've tried sfc/scannow as admin and in safe mode and still did not work.My right click Context menu doesn't work either But works on chrome but not the desktop it self...
  6. File Explorer And right click menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File explorer crashes when right clicking on a drive in explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer crashes when right clicking on a drive in explorer: I'm trying to format a USB drive but whenever I right click on it in explorer, file explorer crashes. Any tips on how to fix this? submitted by /u/barkafas2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kf1qtn/file_explorer_crashes_when_right_clicking_on_a/
  8. Right Click over File Explorer Drive Letter, Context menu Didn't Displayed but Desktop Refresh

Right Click over File Explorer Drive Letter, Context menu Didn't Displayed but Desktop Refresh: Yesterday, I had asked such a question as mentioned on subject. I solved it myself by deleting entries like {90AA3A41-2CBA-...} by regedit. Today, after reboot the notebook, the same issue occurred. I had tried the following methods: 1 DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image...
  9. Desktop context menu not work when right click mouse over Drive on File Explorer

Desktop context menu not work when right click mouse over Drive on File Explorer: After I opened File Explorer and highlighted drive C, I right clicked my mouse and expected the context menu would be displayed. However, it waited for a while and the whole desktop restarted. If I clicked 'This PC' on the left panel of File Explorer, and on the right hand...
  10. Editing the File Explorer right-click menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing the File Explorer right-click menu?: I'm pretty sure that years ago (possibly on my previous PC under XP) I used to have a tool that would let me edit the FE context menu. But darned if I can find it now that I want to prune the long list I've accumulated. Can anyone point me to a safe and simple utility for...