Windows 10: cannot shred folder

Discus and support cannot shred folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 will let me delete a folder on boot drive C: but will not let me shred the folder with several of the file shredder programs. I can shred... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jack-C, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Jack-C Win User

cannot shred folder

Windows 10 will let me delete a folder on boot drive C: but will not let me shred the folder with several of the file shredder programs. I can shred all individual files. Also If I copy the folder to my D drive, I can shred the folder, but not from the C (boot) drive. The C drive is solid state, the D drive is SATA, if that makes any difference.

Does Windows lock folders on the boot drive? Can I unlock specific folders so that they may be shredded if I choose?

Many thanks for suggestions.

Jack

:)

Jack-C, Sep 2, 2019

2. Permissions Issue re 'Shredding' files in 'Temporary Files' Folder

At long last, McAfee Technical Support have confirmed that there is a bug in their shredding code, which is in both their Internet Security & Total Protection products.

Manifestation

If you try to shred a file with a <space> character in file name, the file will not be shredded; if there is no <space> character in the file name it will.

So

'file name.ext' will not shred

but

'filename.ext' will

The same issue has been identified with folder names.

WorkAround

Obvious I know, but rename the file / folder to remove any spaces & then shred it.

McAfee are still working on a permanent fix.

Ian Mosley, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Shred Folder Unavailable

dear

I have sharing folder in my network, if any client in the same network requested this shred folder has problem message,

the message is :

cannot shred folder 843d622c-b000-46e4-9c90-e873831088ee?upload=true.jpg

my solution,

but a temporary solution :

if i close all session in the same computer has the sharing folder the users can see the shared folder with out any problem . but every time need to close the all-session

I need a good solution, please help me

Elsaeed Elsayed, Sep 2, 2019
  4. enso Win User

cannot shred folder

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

cannot shred folder

1. cannot shred folder - Similar Threads - cannot shred folder

2. lock first row of shred file excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lock first row of shred file excel: Hi all, I need to lock not freeze the first row or some specific cell in shared excel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-first-row-of-shred-file-excel/bd16ed1e-37be-4597-b948-03295aee8419
  3. lock first row of shred file excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lock first row of shred file excel: Hi all, I need to lock not freeze the first row or some specific cell in shared excel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-first-row-of-shred-file-excel/bd16ed1e-37be-4597-b948-03295aee8419
  4. Secure File Deletion / Shredding

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Secure File Deletion / Shredding: Understand Windows 10 Users still have no access to a 'Built-in' i.e. Native 'File Shredder' for securely disposing of financial or other sensitive files that might otherwise be recovered by a an IT Savvy Rogue, if a Laptop is lost or stolen.I will not install a 3rd Party...
  5. Cannot Delete a folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Delete a folder: [ATTACH] New drive is created automatically [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-delete-a-folder/5aacf868-efc9-473e-bea1-7a5b0fd9c9c7
  6. Help accidentally shredded Windows 10 file explored

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help accidentally shredded Windows 10 file explored: Can I install a fresh copy of Windows 10 over the existing one? Will I lose my data? Where do I get a new Windows 10. I just purchased this computer in late November. Can you help?...
  7. Free space shredding

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Free space shredding: Hey everyone, So i was using the iobit file shredder software to shred the empty space of my d drive but had to cancel it prematurely. During this process it froze and I tried to cancel the process. Now my harddrive is super slow and I have over a million 0kb files created...
  8. Cannot delete folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete folder: I am the administrator and I cannot delete a folder. When I try to Change Ownership from SYSTEM [ATTACH] the window modal blinks and then Change is greyed out. [ATTACH] I've tried deleting from command prompt as well, but I get Access Denied....
  9. How to recover Shredded Files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to recover Shredded Files?: How do I recover shredded files on a partition kindly help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-shredded-files/d676821c-f41d-4ccc-aba7-e4ad221108ed
  10. .Recover shredded document in Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .Recover shredded document in Word: I accidentally sent a document to the shredder that contained my homework this afternoon. I thought I was shredding an earlier version. Now the one I still have is blank. Help - I need to recover it as there was 4 hours of work and research on it. Thank you....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows help and support 10 cannot shred a file