Windows 10: Cannot shut down because task still running

Discus and support Cannot shut down because task still running in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I cannot shut down because task manager shows \language component installer\ installation still running. How do I fix this please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mags10190, Aug 23, 2020.

1. mags10190 Win User

Cannot shut down because task still running

I cannot shut down because task manager shows \language component installer\ installation still running. How do I fix this please

:)

mags10190, Aug 23, 2020

2. Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Aug 23, 2020
  3. IrdealDJA Win User
    Problem with the Task Host Window and the shutting down

Hi Sayan_Gosh, thanks for your fast response! I will answer first all the four questions that you are asking me:

• The PC that I'm using is a Gateway model DX4860 with previous Windows 7 Home Premium.
    • I have upgrade to Windows 10 using Windows update settings.
    • I have Norton Security Deluxe installed in my PC.
    • And finally, all programs were closed before shutting down Windows.
    I will execute your initial recommendations and the
    diagnostic steps that you suggest me; and I will let you know the status of the "Task Host issue".

IrdealDJA, Aug 23, 2020
  4. Cannot shut down because task still running

Display All running Tasks Dialog Box in the Tasks Scheduler do not show all the running tasks

Hi Francesco,

If a scheduled task does not run when you expect it to run, ensure that the task is enabled, and also check the triggers on the task to ensure that they are set correctly.
    In order for us to efficiently assist you, we just have few questions for you:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Were you able to check if the task is enabled?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

Cannot shut down because task still running

1. Cannot shut down because task still running - Similar Threads - Cannot shut down

2. Can't Shut Down Windows 10 because Task Host is stopping background tasks

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't Shut Down Windows 10 because Task Host is stopping background tasks: I run into this all the time with Windows 10. Usually, I am forced to click "Shut down anyway" - but, I feel that's "bad" to do. I really don't know....
  3. Can't Shut Down Windows 10 because Task Host is stopping background tasks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Shut Down Windows 10 because Task Host is stopping background tasks: I run into this all the time with Windows 10. Usually, I am forced to click "Shut down anyway" - but, I feel that's "bad" to do. I really don't know....
  4. Can't Shut Down Windows 10 because Task Host is stopping background tasks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 Shuts Down - Computer Still Running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Shuts Down - Computer Still Running: Recently I've been having troubles with my new Windows 11 computer not sleeping and not shutting down. When I click shut down, the OS seems to shut down but the computer itself is still running.After some digging I decided to disable "Fast Startup". When shutting down, I get...
  6. Windows 11 Shuts Down - Computer Still Running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Shuts Down - Computer Still Running: Recently I've been having troubles with my new Windows 11 computer not sleeping and not shutting down. When I click shut down, the OS seems to shut down but the computer itself is still running.After some digging I decided to disable "Fast Startup". When shutting down, I get...
  7. Fans still running after shutting down the PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fans still running after shutting down the PC.: So, I was manually installing the Nvidia drivers for my model (Acer Nitro 5). The installation got stuck. It was already a couple of hours, so I killed it from the task manager and shut down the pc. The fans were running when the installation was going on and they continued...
  8. Cannot Shut Down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Shut Down: I am currently on Windows 10 Home Single Language 64bit Edition 2004 May 2020 Update. after I installed May 2020 update some other updates were also installed including the cumulative update. I tried to shut down but it doesn't work Windows automatically restarts and the...
  9. Cannot shutdown because task are running......

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot shutdown because task are running......: When this message appears during shutdown, clicking the cancel button to return to the tasks does not work. The Computer continues with shut down. 53444
  10. Fan still running after shut lid and shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Fan still running after shut lid and shut down: Hey guys, I have noticed this problem come up on my Dell 7537 (Check out my profile for details) when I close the lid to put the computer to sleep, the HDD light turns off, but the fan continues to run, even after several hours. When I open the lid back up, it is just a...