Windows 10: Cannot sign in Microsoft account ' Another user on this device uses this mictosoft account' '

Discus and support Cannot sign in Microsoft account ' Another user on this device uses this mictosoft account' ' in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; First of all I had this wierd program that i couldn't locate nor delete. I therefore tried to delete it from regedit, however it just automatically... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Oliver ferenczi, May 15, 2023.

1. Cannot sign in Microsoft account ' Another user on this device uses this mictosoft account' '

First of all I had this wierd program that i couldn't locate nor delete. I therefore tried to delete it from regedit, however it just automatically closed and so i researched and wrote a command in the cmd and restarted. I noticed that i couldnt sign in my accountIt wasnt there on the available options in the lock screen and so a signed in on my other account that I dont use. I wanted to get back to my other account but when I sign in with Microsoft it says 'this account is already signed in on this computer' This is really frustrating Thanks

:)

Oliver ferenczi, May 15, 2023
  2. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Cannot sign in Microsoft account ' Another user on this device uses this mictosoft account' ' :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, May 15, 2023
  3. Brink Win User
    Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Hello Flemmingk, Cannot sign in Microsoft account ' Another user on this device uses this mictosoft account' ' :)

Could these other devices be from friends that you may have signed in to your Microsoft account on for something?

Either way, you can remove these devices.

*Arrow Microsoft Account - Remove Devices User Accounts Tutorials

Afterwards to be safe, I would recommend to change the password of your Microsoft account, and enable two-step verification if you haven't already.

Change Password of Account in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, May 15, 2023
  4. Cannot sign in Microsoft account ' Another user on this device uses this mictosoft account' '

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, May 15, 2023
Thema:

Cannot sign in Microsoft account ' Another user on this device uses this mictosoft account' '

1. Cannot sign in Microsoft account ' Another user on this device uses this mictosoft account' ' - Similar Threads - Cannot sign Microsoft

2. Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account: Hi there, having an issue: When I build a computer I start with a local account. Later I'll change to my Microsoft account. On my current rig I tried this, got to the step where it asks for my Microsoft account credentials and then my local account password. At this point I...
  3. Cannot use Microsoft account to link to USER due to "another use already uses this account"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot use Microsoft account to link to USER due to "another use already uses this account": I tried to link my laptop's user there is only one user to my Microsoft account. Yet when I try to do so a message pops up saying that another user is already using this account on this device. I know for a fact that this is not true because I do not see a device linked to...
  4. Another users is using this account

Another users is using this account: Ok so I have a local account thier a couple of users on my pc that I only use. My gaming account and my main account but I had an issue with the users folders because it wasn't the name of my microsoft email address that I use for normal non gaming things. So I go to...
  5. Cannot sign in using Microsoft Account

Cannot sign in using Microsoft Account: I was in Windows 10 Home Insider Preview Single Language build 20231.1000. Then I reset the PC deleting all the files and since I deleted the previous installation of windows or may be due to other reasons, the same insider build got installed. Then, I can't sign in using my...
  6. Cannot add Microsoft Account - Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so...

Cannot add Microsoft Account - Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so...: Hi guys, So been trying to resolve this issue for a little while but I'm now at a complete loss. I re-built my computer not that long ago and had to re-purchase windows. At the moment all that I have on the machine is a single local administrator account. I have no...
  7. Win10 Home - "Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win10 Home - "Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account": 64-bit PC running Windows 10 Home. We use Microsoft Family features so linking our User accounts to our Microsoft accounts is critical. My daughter deleted our user accounts and created her own local account. I'm now trying to correct what she did back to the way it was. I...
  8. Another user uses this Microsoft Account

Another user uses this Microsoft Account: I tried to use my Microsoft Account on my laptop but received a message that error msg. What is going on? I am the only user of this computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/another-user-uses-this-microsoft-account/f9b2db60-751b-4661-8e5e-61e9d9c0a9dd
  9. Another user uses this Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Another user uses this Microsoft Account: I was simply trying to switch to using a Microsoft Account on my Surface 3 and got the "another user uses this Microsoft account" error message. The thing that puzzles me is I do not have any other users on that device, period. What gives?...
  10. Cannot change local account to online account because "Another user on this device uses...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot change local account to online account because "Another user on this device uses...: This is a nightmare. First, Windows gets stuck at "Just a moment" after asking me to create a pin. I wait for several hours, nothing. Then I reboot and create an offline account to get around the stupid hangup but when I try to sing in with a Microsoft account, Windows...