Windows 10: Cannot Sign in to Local Account after Reverting to Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot Sign in to Local Account after Reverting to Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I tried Windows 11 on my Dell XPS, but things just weren't working right, to be brief. So, I chose the revert back to Windows 10 option. Good thing I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MatthewSisto, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Cannot Sign in to Local Account after Reverting to Windows 10

I tried Windows 11 on my Dell XPS, but things just weren't working right, to be brief. So, I chose the revert back to Windows 10 option. Good thing I backed up my data because, despite them saying it shouldn't cause any issues, it messed up my entire computer at the boot level and I had to do a fresh install. I also used Windows' cloud recovery option. Now when I sign in, when before I could sign in to my local user account, I can only sign in as an administrator. I can only set up the PIN login in administrator; fingerprint runs into an issue with setup. If I try to sign in as a local user, I

:)

MatthewSisto, Oct 19, 2021
  2. CSMR(2) Win User

Signing into Onenote app converts local account to microsoft account

Steps:

• Sign into a local account
    • Open the OneNote app (tablet not desktop app)
    • Sign in to this app with a Microsoft account
    The local account is then converted into a Microsoft account with that identity.

This is wrong and unexpected behaviour as no indication is given that the sign in is for the whole of windows rather than just OneNote.

It is also hard to revert.

I am guessing that other apps may exhibit the same behaviour.

In fact I don't understand how an app (which is supposed to be sandboxed and secure) can change user account information.

CSMR(2), Oct 19, 2021
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Oct 19, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Cannot Sign in to Local Account after Reverting to Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

Cannot Sign in to Local Account after Reverting to Windows 10

1. Cannot Sign in to Local Account after Reverting to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot Sign Local

2. Revert a child account to a local account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Revert a child account to a local account in Windows 10: Hello folks, I'm in a bind here, hope some can help me.I decided to create a Microsoft account for my 9 year old to use in our Xbox. In all it's wisdom, Windows 10 decided to associate this limited child account to my local administrator account. Now my administrator account...
  3. Revert a child account to a local account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Revert a child account to a local account in Windows 10: Hello folks, I'm in a bind here, hope some can help me.I decided to create a Microsoft account for my 9 year old to use in our Xbox. In all it's wisdom, Windows 10 decided to associate this limited child account to my local administrator account. Now my administrator account...
  4. Revert a child account to a local account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cannot Sign in to Local Account after Reverting to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Sign in to Local Account after Reverting to Windows 10: I tried Windows 11 on my Dell XPS, but things just weren't working right, to be brief. So, I chose the revert back to Windows 10 option. Good thing I backed up my data because, despite them saying it shouldn't cause any issues, it messed up my entire computer at the boot...
  6. Cannot Sign in to Local Account after Reverting to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Sign in to Local Account after Reverting to Windows 10: I tried Windows 11 on my Dell XPS, but things just weren't working right, to be brief. So, I chose the revert back to Windows 10 option. Good thing I backed up my data because, despite them saying it shouldn't cause any issues, it messed up my entire computer at the boot...
  7. Revert to local account after Windows 10 update signed in with Microsoft account

Revert to local account after Windows 10 update signed in with Microsoft account: Dear Microsoft Team,Greetings from Holland! How are you doing today? I'm currently facing an issue what's really annoying. I have a desktop pc for which only one local account is used. I don't know what happened, but I assume that after a Windows Update the pc started to log...
  8. Local account created but cannot sign in with it

Local account created but cannot sign in with it: Hello, I've created a local account on a computer, but it won't let me sign it. I also tried the changing the password for that user to see if I could around it that way; I got the through the security questions, and tried changing the password, but the new password...
  9. Unable to revert Microsoft Account back to a Local Account ("sign in with a local account...

Unable to revert Microsoft Account back to a Local Account ("sign in with a local account...: So my little brother wanted to buy Minecraft for Windows 10. His computer was set up with a single local administrator account and remained local up to this point. The Store requires you to sign in to a Microsoft account to buy stuff, so I did that with his Microsoft account...
  10. Cannot Sign In to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Sign In to local account: Hi , I'm Used local admin for a while but yesterday i logged in to the ms store and bought some game. Now i notice that my local admin account is now linked to ms account. I have now to enter my ms account password to login , cannot change local admin password,cannot sign...