Windows 10: Cannot sign in to my Microsoft account on my Windows laptop

Discus and support Cannot sign in to my Microsoft account on my Windows laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, I just got my laptop back from being repaired, and they reset it to the factory default, and now I can't sign in with my Microsoft account. Every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LunarFlame17, Aug 2, 2022.

1. Cannot sign in to my Microsoft account on my Windows laptop

So, I just got my laptop back from being repaired, and they reset it to the factory default, and now I can't sign in with my Microsoft account. Every time I try it just says "Oops, something went wrong. Whatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try again." I even tried making a new Microsoft account to see if the problem was with my account, and got the same error. I also tried signing in to Edge and the Microsoft Store app, and neither of those work. When I sign in to Edge, it says I'm signed in, but then I'm actually not. When I try the Microsoft Store, it just says I'm not connec

:)

LunarFlame17, Aug 2, 2022

2. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Aug 2, 2022
  3. Teokute Win User
    Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Cannot sign in to my Microsoft account on my Windows laptop :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Aug 2, 2022
  4. Cannot sign in to my Microsoft account on my Windows laptop

Switch laptop sign in from MS account to Local Account questions

Hi, Ive just switched from signing in to my laptop with a Microsoft Account to signing in with a Local Account instead. My laptop was always listed as a Device on the opening screen along with a map showing its location when I looked in my Microsoft Account. Under Devices I could also view my laptop along with other bits of various information about the device and its location was always shown on a map there too. After signing into my laptop with my Local Account ..If I sign in separately to my Microsoft Account afterwards Ive just noticed that having switched to a Local Account my laptop isnt shown on the opening Microsoft Account screen anymore and its not listed in devices either. Is this normal behaviour? I was expecting to still find my laptop listed in Devices. Also...Under Update and Security/Activation..it used to say Digital Licence linked to a Microsoft Account. Now it just says Windows is Activated with a digital licence. Is all this normal behaviour if you sign into a laptop with a Local Account instead of a Microsoft Account?

sportsfan148, Aug 2, 2022
Thema:

Cannot sign in to my Microsoft account on my Windows laptop

1. Cannot sign in to my Microsoft account on my Windows laptop - Similar Threads - Cannot sign Microsoft

2. Cannot sign in to my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sign in to my Microsoft account.: HiI am unable to sign in to my MS account. I keep getting this response:We can't sign you inYour browser is currently set to block cookies. You need to allow cookies to use this service.I've tried allowing cookies, but no luck and continue getting the above response....
  3. Cannot sign in to my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot sign in to my Microsoft account.: HiI am unable to sign in to my MS account. I keep getting this response:We can't sign you inYour browser is currently set to block cookies. You need to allow cookies to use this service.I've tried allowing cookies, but no luck and continue getting the above response....
  4. Cannot sign in to my microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot sign in to my microsoft account: I try to sign in my microsoft but it says that We can't sign you in right now The Microsoft Edge team has been notified of this issue. Please try again later. Error code: 20, 17, 0. Even when i try to sign in to microsoft 365, it says no internet connection when i got...
  5. Cannot sign in to my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot sign in to my microsoft account: I try to sign in my microsoft but it says that We can't sign you in right now The Microsoft Edge team has been notified of this issue. Please try again later. Error code: 20, 17, 0. Even when i try to sign in to microsoft 365, it says no internet connection when i got...
  6. Cannot sign in to my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Cannot sign in to my Microsoft account on my Windows laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot sign in to my Microsoft account on my Windows laptop: So, I just got my laptop back from being repaired, and they reset it to the factory default, and now I can't sign in with my Microsoft account. Every time I try it just says "Oops, something went wrong. Whatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try again." I even...
  8. Cannot sign in to my Microsoft account on my Windows laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sign in to my Microsoft account on my Windows laptop: So, I just got my laptop back from being repaired, and they reset it to the factory default, and now I can't sign in with my Microsoft account. Every time I try it just says "Oops, something went wrong. Whatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try again." I even...
  9. Cannot sign in to my microsoft account.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot sign in to my microsoft account.: I cannot sign in to my Microsoft account for solitaire games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-sign-in-to-my-microsoft-account/ee6b2292-750e-4d72-8f87-08bdf64b6e6e
  10. Cannot sign into my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot sign into my microsoft account: I am signed in with a local account. I want to switch to my microsoft account. Error msg: Something went wrong, try again later. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-sign-into-my-microsoft-account/365f86b6-2e91-4aa4-92d7-2a4774adfb76