Windows 10: Cannot sign in to windows 10

Discus and support Cannot sign in to windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I started up my laptop today (running Windows 10), the first screen asks for my Password. I had been signing in with a PIN, not a password, and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by nculbert, Aug 2, 2017.

1. nculbert Win User

Cannot sign in to windows 10

When I started up my laptop today (running Windows 10), the first screen asks for my Password. I had been signing in with a PIN, not a password, and don't recall ever using a password, so now I am unable to get past the sign in screen. I do not have a password reset disk and do not relish going through a fresh reinstall of Windows 10.
    Any help would be appreciated.

:)

nculbert, Aug 2, 2017
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 2, 2017
  3. Havdaddy Win User
    Cannot sign in to Windows Store in Windows 10

I've searched the internet and all the Windows "support" sites with no solution. I tried all the "Create a new account" options but this did not work for me either. As a matter of fact, I can't sign in with any other account nor can I create another
    account. I get the dreaded (and very informative) "Something went wrong" error with no error code or any other indication of what may be causing the problem. I was signed in when I had an issue downloading an app, so I signed out and attempted to sign back
    in and it won't let me. All I get is the error mentioned above. When I try to create a new account or login using a different Microsoft Account from the Add a Microsoft Account link, I get "Something Went Wrong" and cannot proceed. Any help would be greatly
    appreciated.

Havdaddy, Aug 2, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello nculbert, and welcome to Ten Fourms. *Smile

A password is required to be able to use a PIN for your account.

Do you have a Sign-in options link under the password field to click on?

If so, you should be able to click on it to select to sign in with your PIN instead.

*Arrow Sign in to Windows 10 Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Aug 2, 2017
Thema:

1. Cannot sign in to windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot sign

2. Windows Explorer Freezing, CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, Cannot sign out for a few seconds!!!...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Freezing, CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, Cannot sign out for a few seconds!!!...: I am writing a complaint that this build 22631.3447 caused problems like Many Apps Freezing so hard, I can't even CTRL+ALT+DEL or Sign Out for a few seconds! this build is a total disaster! I can't stand this issue for much longer, Please get the Microsoft Devs to rectify...
  3. Windows Explorer Freezing, CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, Cannot sign out for a few seconds!!!...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer Freezing, CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, Cannot sign out for a few seconds!!!...: I am writing a complaint that this build 22631.3447 caused problems like Many Apps Freezing so hard, I can't even CTRL+ALT+DEL or Sign Out for a few seconds! this build is a total disaster! I can't stand this issue for much longer, Please get the Microsoft Devs to rectify...
  4. I cannot sign in to my school account with my district computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot sign in to my school account with my district computer: This morning I had no problems signing in with my new password but now I cant sign in. I have checked like 100 times that I put everything correctly. I tried to do the password reset but they keep saying authentication failed which does not match up because I took a...
  5. I cannot sign in to my school account with my district computer

I cannot sign in to my school account with my district computer: This morning I had no problems signing in with my new password but now I cant sign in. I have checked like 100 times that I put everything correctly. I tried to do the password reset but they keep saying authentication failed which does not match up because I took a...
  6. My device has the error "The user Profile Service failed the sign-in User profile cannot be...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My device has the error "The user Profile Service failed the sign-in User profile cannot be...: My device has the error "The user Profile Service failed the sign-in User profile cannot be loaded" I created an additional account for my son on Windows, but when I log in, I get the above error. My computer should have had 2 accounts to log in to, but it only had 1 my son's...
  7. My device has the error "The user Profile Service failed the sign-in User profile cannot be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My device has the error "The user Profile Service failed the sign-in User profile cannot be...: My device has the error "The user Profile Service failed the sign-in User profile cannot be loaded" I created an additional account for my son on Windows, but when I log in, I get the above error. My computer should have had 2 accounts to log in to, but it only had 1 my son's...
  8. My device has the error "The user Profile Service failed the sign-in User profile cannot be...

9. I cannot sign into my laptop and I had to update my recovery number due to no longer...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot sign into my laptop and I had to update my recovery number due to no longer...: I cannot change any of my security settings it's says site unavailable til my phone number updates I need my laptop for school https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-sign-into-my-laptop-and-i-had-to-update/2bafd1da-c479-4b65-a307-d79eb3962d47
  10. I cannot sign into my laptop and I had to update my recovery number due to no longer...

I cannot sign into my laptop and I had to update my recovery number due to no longer...: I cannot change any of my security settings it's says site unavailable til my phone number updates I need my laptop for school https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-sign-into-my-laptop-and-i-had-to-update/2bafd1da-c479-4b65-a307-d79eb3962d47