Windows 10: Cannot sign in to Xbox Live on Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot sign in to Xbox Live on Windows 10 in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So it's been a long time since i've used xbox, but i wanted to play sea of thieves, which i had bought and played a lot around when it came out.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by DeathsEye8640, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Cannot sign in to Xbox Live on Windows 10

So it's been a long time since i've used xbox, but i wanted to play sea of thieves, which i had bought and played a lot around when it came out.

However, i went to play and was told i cannot sign in. When i open the Xbox app, it says:

"We couldnt sign you in to xbox live.
    We cant sign you in to xbox live right now. Try again in a while. If that doesnt work, we have a few ideas that might help fix the problem."

And i am given the error code of: 0x80070520

Clicking on that code, or searching on xbox support, has absolutely no information at all. Look around online has suggested a few things, but none of them have worked, including running a troubleshooter on windows store, clearing the windows store cache, etc.

However, i can login to my account fine on the website, as well as on my phone. I can also login to my secondary account on those AND my pc. But i cannot login to my primary account on my PC.

Is there anything i can possibly do to try and fix this issue? A few have suggested reinstalling W10, but i have so many programs on here it would take me at least 2 days to find, re-download and re-register them all, all for the sake of a few games...

:)

DeathsEye8640, Oct 30, 2018

2. Xbox live sign-in fail

Hi,

An interruption with the Xbox Live server and failure to authenticate the Xbox login information are possible reasons as to why you're encountering this issue.
    Kindly answer the following questions for us to advise the best approach in resolving this issue:

• Are you using the same Microsoft account to sign in to the Xbox app, the games, and the Windows 10 PC?
    • Are you getting any error messages when signing in to your Xbox account and the games?

To determine if your Xbox profile is working properly, we suggest that you sign in to
    Xbox.com. If you can sign in, that means your profile is all good. Otherwise, follow the on-screen prompts on how to update your account information.

Catherine Cus., Nov 9, 2018
  3. Sign into xbox live

Hi Sefton,

Corrupted game data, an interruption with the Xbox Live server, and failure to authenticate the login details are possible reasons as to why you're encountering this issue. For us to provide you with the best approach in resolving this concern, kindly answer
    the following questions:

• Are you encountering the same issue when signing in to a different game?
    • Have you made any changes to your device or to your game profile before encountering this issue?
    • Are you using the same Microsoft account to sign in to the game, the Windows 10 PC, and the Xbox app?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Windows apps troubleshooter provided on this

link
    . This can help resolve issues with Windows 10 games and apps.

4. Cannot sign in to Xbox Live on Windows 10

Xbox live

Hi Jordan,

Let’s isolate your concern by answering the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox One or Windows 10?
    • Are you trying to play a game online? If yes, may we know what is this game?
    • Are you using an Xbox Live account?

Online gaming on an Xbox console requires an Xbox Gold Membership. Refer to this

link
    for the steps on how to join Xbox Live Gold after setting up your Xbox One console. Another way to sign up is by visiting this
    link.

You may also visit
    Xbox Live Gold changes FAQ for more information.

Looking forward to your response

Thema:

Cannot sign in to Xbox Live on Windows 10

1. Cannot sign in to Xbox Live on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot sign Xbox

2. not able to sign into xbox live

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not able to sign into xbox live: pls help me , i have have reinstalled the app and restarted my computer multiple times but its does not seem to helpand im not able to play games at all , https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-sign-into-xbox-live/d453815d-8957-4361-9eed-e5b0e57cda9b
  3. XBOX LIVE SIGN IN PROBLEMS WINDOWS 10 TABLET

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX LIVE SIGN IN PROBLEMS WINDOWS 10 TABLET: Hello, i just bought a windows 10 RCA tablet to play xbox games on it, ya know like how the commercials advertise all the time lol. But of course my xbox live account won't log in, I'm getting the error message: There's a problem with your account. To fix it go to xbox.com...
  4. Teredo Troubleshooting "Cannot Sign in to XBOX Live" "Unable to qualify"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Teredo Troubleshooting "Cannot Sign in to XBOX Live" "Unable to qualify": Hello, I've been having trouble with Teredo and XBOX Live lately, they affect the games and I'm also assuming some other XBOX related applications on my computer as well. Upon checking with Xbox Networking, under Xbox Live multiplayer the NAT Type states that "Teredo is...
  5. signing onto xbox live

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    signing onto xbox live: Why do I have to sign into Xbox Live to play my Microsoft games? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signing-onto-xbox-live/e85deab0-7524-4681-9c05-02638b2fe465
  6. CANT SIGN XBOX LIVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CANT SIGN XBOX LIVE: Why i cant sign in to xbox live? https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/717088383138267247/743921982407573544/unknown.png https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-xbox-live/f3bdb26c-67db-48a9-b10f-0495e52e9b69
  7. Unable to sign into xbox live

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into xbox live: I want to play Minecraft, but every time I start it up, it cant sign in. I have a VPN, but I disable it before starting Minecraft. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-sign-into-xbox-live/b2b955d3-7eae-428f-941c-1aa6d49e48f6
  8. Can't sign in to Xbox Live (Windows 10)?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't sign in to Xbox Live (Windows 10)?: Hi! Bought myself an Xbox Game Pass a few days ago. Then I downloaded Sea of Thieves and wanted to play it directly. When I started it, it wanted to connect to Xbox Live, but it couldn't connect even though I had an internet connection. I have already googled it but didn't...
  9. Cannot sign in Xbox Live/Forza Horizon 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot sign in Xbox Live/Forza Horizon 4: Hi, this morning till midday i had no problems playing forza. Now (about 12h later) i cannot sign in or play... servers seems ok according to microsoft site. Yesterday prior to this problem i was experiencing CtDs during gameplay if its relevant... Also windows and game is...
  10. cant sign into xbox live

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant sign into xbox live: Ok... I cant sign into xbox live for some reason. It keeps telling me that I am not connected to the internet The error code is 0x800704cf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-into-xbox-live/50204301-7b30-4902-99ad-93234af0356b
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fix problems signing in to the xbox app

2. cannont sihn in to xbox live on laptop

3. cannot sign into xbox live on windows

4. cannot sign in xbox live for windows 10,
  5. cannot login to xbox on laptop,
  6. cant sign in to xbox live windows 10,
  7. error encountered signing in to xbox live,
  8. windows xbox live sign in failure,
  9. cannot sign in to xbox live error 500,
  10. cannot sign to xbox live,