Windows 10: Cannot sign in with Microsoft account on my laptop -- password incorrect

Discus and support Cannot sign in with Microsoft account on my laptop -- password incorrect in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; For the last couple of weeks I have been having the following issue: Whenever I try to sign in to my laptop (with my MS account) it says 'password... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Elke93, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Elke93 Win User

Cannot sign in with Microsoft account on my laptop -- password incorrect

For the last couple of weeks I have been having the following issue:

Whenever I try to sign in to my laptop (with my MS account) it says 'password incorrect'.

I am 100% sure the password is correct and I have changed it already 2 times on my MS account to try and resolve the issue. I cannot select any other accounts or sign in options (such as PIN) either. The laptop I am trying to sign in to does show up in my devices in my MS account, but still even after a password change, no luck. The OS build is: 10.0.17134.471.

Please help me out because I have not been able to use my laptop for a couple of weeks now!

:)

Elke93, Mar 20, 2019

2. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Mar 20, 2019
  3. Microsoft Account Password Incorrect!

Thanks for your reply.

Like I said in the post before, I did not set up two-step verification. After the hard reset, when the account did not sync due to 'incorrect password', I tried to set it up and then accessed the MS Account with the app password but it still declared the
    password incorrect. I immediately turned off two-step.

Need help,

Sucharita.

Sucharita De, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Cannot sign in with Microsoft account on my laptop -- password incorrect

Creating or signing in to microsoft account

Hi Gloria,

The error code that your are getting when adding an account is usually caused by the following:

• Your phone has an incorrect date and time set.
    • You do not have a data connection.
    • Your phone is in a "bad state."
    We suggest that you follow the steps on this link to set up your Microsoft
    Account on your device.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Regards.

Marcel Dio, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Cannot sign in with Microsoft account on my laptop -- password incorrect

1. Cannot sign in with Microsoft account on my laptop -- password incorrect - Similar Threads - Cannot sign Microsoft

2. Sign in to Microsoft account gives incorrect password error but password is correct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in to Microsoft account gives incorrect password error but password is correct: I'm unable to sign in to Microsoft account, says password is incorrect. I changed the password and it is still showing as incorrect. As a result I am unable to unlock my laptop. Help!!...
  3. Sign in to Microsoft account gives incorrect password error but password is correct

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in to Microsoft account gives incorrect password error but password is correct: I'm unable to sign in to Microsoft account, says password is incorrect. I changed the password and it is still showing as incorrect. As a result I am unable to unlock my laptop. Help!!...
  4. "Sign In to Microsoft Account instead" on windows 11 password is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Sign In to Microsoft Account instead" on windows 11 password is incorrect: I tried to to sign in to microsoft account instead from my local account, but the password that I was sure of was correct is incorrect. It works on apps and websites because of my PIN, but it does not recognize my password. Any idea how to fix this?...
  5. "Sign In to Microsoft Account instead" on windows 11 password is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Sign In to Microsoft Account instead" on windows 11 password is incorrect: I tried to to sign in to microsoft account instead from my local account, but the password that I was sure of was correct is incorrect. It works on apps and websites because of my PIN, but it does not recognize my password. Any idea how to fix this?...
  6. Cannot sign in to my Microsoft account on my Windows laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot sign in to my Microsoft account on my Windows laptop: So, I just got my laptop back from being repaired, and they reset it to the factory default, and now I can't sign in with my Microsoft account. Every time I try it just says "Oops, something went wrong. Whatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try again." I even...
  7. Can't sign into my microsoft account on any application, says my password is incorrect.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't sign into my microsoft account on any application, says my password is incorrect.: Hi! I am using my school Microsoft account on my current laptop, I am using it for One Note, Word, One Drive, Emails, actual computer sign in and more. I know for a fact my password is correct yet when I try to login on any other device- my new laptop I'm changing over to,...
  8. Cannot log into microsoft account because password is incorrect. Cannot reset password...

Cannot log into microsoft account because password is incorrect. Cannot reset password...: I am trying to install Windows on a new hard drive. Unsurprisingly, Windows/MSFT are doing their utmost to make me regret this decision every step of the way. When it comes to the step where I'm supposed to sign into my Microsoft account, it will not accept my correct...
  9. cant sign in Microsoft in Laptop Asus due to incorrect password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cant sign in Microsoft in Laptop Asus due to incorrect password: i kept on trying to sign in even after resetting password and entering correct ones on my laptop please help... [ATTACH] Correlation Id: 7d7fc3c847570004357b807d5747d601 Timestamp: 2020-06-21T01:18:35.013Z...
  10. password is incorrect at sign on

password is incorrect at sign on: Hi, My Windows 10 machine which was working perfectly , has started giving this weird message "password is incorrect" from last few days. I believe this wto fix itas after a microsoft silent update. The password is correct. I tried various way to recover it. But since the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant sign in with microsoft account the password you have entered for your device is incorrect. please try again.

2. when signing into my microsoft account on my computer it says my password is incorrecct

3. sign into this computer using your microsoft accountnext time you sign into this computer use your microsoft account password or windows hello if youve set it up.well need your current windows password one last time.