Windows 10: Cannot sign into Microsoft Store under Child Account

Discus and support Cannot sign into Microsoft Store under Child Account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I wanted to put Minecraft on my son's computer. Right now, he uses the computer as his own account, as a Child under my account as Family. I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TwlightAura29, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Cannot sign into Microsoft Store under Child Account

I wanted to put Minecraft on my son's computer. Right now, he uses the computer as his own account, as a Child under my account as Family.

I have a key for the software, so I opened the store to redeem the code. I don't get that option at all when I'm signed in as him. So, I tried to sign in. When I click Sign In, nothing happens. No error messages, nothing.

I then logged in as my profile, and the store works like normal. I was afraid to redeem the code under my sign on because I wasn't sure he could access from his profile. So, I logged off as me and went back in under his profile. Still didn't let me in to the store. I tried to Google for answers but I didn't find anything.

I then tried logging in through the Xbox app. Again, wouldn't do anything when I clicked Sign In. I made sure that he had a Gamer Tag, thinking maybe that was the problem (via web site). Still wouldn't let me log in to Xbox app.

I'm assuming his has something to do with the Child Profile, but there's no way I'm letting him on the PC with Admin credentials (mine).

I've checked my Family Account settings and I don't see an option to allow for the store.

How can I download this game and have it usable on his profile?

(I have Windows 10.)

:)

TwlightAura29, Feb 3, 2019

2. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Yes. When you sign in to the Store with a Microsoft account like in step 5 in Option Two of the tutorial below instead of switching to a Microsoft account you will and stay a local account.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Feb 3, 2019
  4. sam02 Win User

Cannot sign into Microsoft Store under Child Account

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Cannot sign into Microsoft Store under Child Account

1. Cannot sign into Microsoft Store under Child Account - Similar Threads - Cannot sign Microsoft

2. Microsoft Store cannot sign in

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store cannot sign in: You cannot connect to the Microsoft store or use automatic file upload. I keep getting the error code 0x800704cf and I need to be connected to the Internet, and if I am connected to the Internet, I don't understand what may be happening....
  3. Signing In with a child user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Signing In with a child user account: Hello! I Tried to Sign-in with a child account. But i can't.. It says ''You need an Internet Connection For This''. But I can Sign-In with the administrator Account, WITHOUT Internet Connection....
  4. Trying to sign in under a different Microsoft account on the administrative account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trying to sign in under a different Microsoft account on the administrative account: I've been trying to sign in under my personal Microsoft account, bit of an update to my information on my laptop. I've added my Microsoft account and tried to manage and remove the other one with no success. The help page says to add an alias that I have tried to do but it...
  5. Microsoft account store sign in

Microsoft account store sign in: When I go to sign in on the Microsoft store on my pc I try to sign in with my Xbox account and it tells me only business accounts can sign in. Is there a way I can like disable that so I can sign in with my Xbox account on my pc?...
  6. Cannot sign into the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot sign into the Microsoft Store: As the title says I can’t sign into the Microsoft Store. When I try sign in and I click the button to sign in it just does nothing. I’ve searched it up and tried everything but to no avail. Any help at all would be appreciated submitted by /u/IsMaithLiomPaisti101 [link]...
  7. Microsoft store vpn apps and child accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft store vpn apps and child accounts: How can one avoid a child account from accessing the Microsoft store online and downloading vpn/browser apps directly on the computer? It seems that even if I block the Microsoft store via the desktop, these apps can still be downloaded by going on microsoft.com;...
  8. I cannot sign in to my account in the microsoft store

I cannot sign in to my account in the microsoft store: i wanted to sign in my microsoft account to my microsoft store to download some apps but i cannot sign in nad it always says the same thing "Something went wrong, please try again, 0x70070781" and even when i created another account, it still didnt work... ive searched online...
  9. Cannot Sign in to the Microsoft Store

Cannot Sign in to the Microsoft Store: I have a business laptop. When I attempt to sign in to the Microsoft Store with my business account, I get a message that says "That Microsoft account doesn't exist... When I attempt to sign in to the Microsoft Store with my personal account, I get the message "We...
  10. Cannot sign in microsoft account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot sign in microsoft account: I cannot sign in my Microsoft account from any app. The login window was empty and closed before anything showed up. The error code I got was 0x0000042b, which basically means that the program was aborted unexpectedly. Any idea on how should I solve this problem? Edit: sfc...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. child cant sign into microsoft store