Cannot sign into user account with pin instead of password

Discus and support Cannot sign into user account with pin instead of password in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Build 9926, after setting up a dual install of Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, you should be able to sign into a user account (std.) using a pin instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Reldel, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Reldel Win User

Build 9926, after setting up a dual install of Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, you should be able to sign into a user account (std.) using a pin instead of a password. The account uses a Microsoft account and when trying to personalize the sign-in to a pin, appears to show the normal screen progression that the pin is accepted, confirmed using the password, but the after signing out and trying to go back into the user account, no pin is offered. Only password sign in available.

Anyone else seeing this problem? Solutions? I tried going into group policy and found pin sign in by default is disabled. I enabled the policy, but that does not correct it.

:)

Reldel, Jan 24, 2015
  2. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP Win User

How to downgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Upon install or Upgrade you either use or create a MS Account which always requires password or easier PIN, or click through several choices to select a User Account instead for which password can be left blank. If you had a User Account you need to deliberately
    change it in Settings>Accounts to use a MS Account requiring password. It cannot be invoked by signing into MS Community with a MS User Account. If you were using a MS Account on the PC then it had a password or PIN all along.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jan 24, 2015
  3. EileenDombrowsky Win User
    I cannot sign in with my password

Sorry about the typing. There are no other user accounts on my computer. I cannot user my microsoft password to sign in, only my pin

EileenDombrowsky, Jan 24, 2015
  4. Recnal2 Win User

I have the same problem as well

Recnal2, Jan 24, 2015
  5. Reldel Win User
    Having done a bit more research, looking in Tech Preview Feedback, the Pin not functioning is a known problem in 9926. No doubt it will have to corrected in a future build or update.

Reldel, Jan 24, 2015
  6. Reldel Win User
    One further knowledge point, if you installed Windows 10, as an upgrade over Windows 8.1.1, the Microsoft account with a PIN to sign in works as expected. Only custom installs appear to have the flaw of PIN not working to sign in.

Reldel, Jan 24, 2015
  7. CoolClownFish Win User
    I have noticed that the registry is empty at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\PINLogonEnrollme nt

CoolClownFish, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot sign into user account with pin instead of password - Similar Threads - Cannot sign user

2. i want to add a new user for my kids in the Pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i want to add a new user for my kids in the Pc: hello guys i want to create a new user for my kids https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/i-want-to-add-a-new-user-for-my-kids-in-the-pc/49651e3b-78c9-4351-8a2e-2abb8ec0e92a
  3. Windows 10 login pin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 login pin: How do I change and or correct my windows 10 login pin? I keep getting an error message when my PC reboots after updates have installed on my system and a reboot is required. I get the error message that the username and password are incorrect. Then I input my Microsoft...
  4. passwords

passwords: should my Windows and Microsoft passwords be the same? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/passwords/26b33d94-4504-484a-9a19-92850dfcea98
  5. Windows 10 cannot update to 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 cannot update to 1803: My newly installed Windows 10 Pro 64 bit cannot be updated to 1803. It finished downloading and 15% in to the installation, it fails. I uninstalled then still has no luck. I also ran the Windows update trouble-shooter tool. Thank you for your help...
  6. Windows 10 asks me to set up pin every time i log on, please help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 asks me to set up pin every time i log on, please help: every time i log on windows tries to set up pin, but i don't want pin! any help would be appreciated. thanks, ~Matt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-10-asks-me-to-set-up-pin-every-time-i-log/e1fe6901-0fe1-40d1-a990-5460f7ba6f23"
  7. Cannot connect to my smart Tv

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot connect to my smart Tv: After update windows 10, i tried to connect to my Hisense smart TV using anyview cast, but the laptop cannot find the TV itself. Before updating there was no problem connecting to the TV...
  8. One of the users on my laptop cannot connect to Wifi, the others can

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One of the users on my laptop cannot connect to Wifi, the others can: One of the user accounts (with administrator privileges) on my Lenovo laptop shows the wifi network that I use (it is a neighbourhood wifi network) as Limited and the network login page will not come up and the internet is not available. However, other accounts on the same...
  9. Reset Microsoft account email and password ...... (No access to old info)

Reset Microsoft account email and password ...... (No access to old info): Microsoft account issues I do not have access to any of the old info .. that IP is closed and not accessible any longer....
  10. danger in transfering whole user directory from old PC to new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    danger in transfering whole user directory from old PC to new PC: Are there any problems if I copy and paste the entire user directory from an old WIN 10 system to a new Win 10 system - different hardware...