Cannot sign into user account with pin instead of password

Discus and support Cannot sign into user account with pin instead of password in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Build 9926, after setting up a dual install of Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, you should be able to sign into a user account (std.) using a pin instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Reldel, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Reldel Win User

Build 9926, after setting up a dual install of Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, you should be able to sign into a user account (std.) using a pin instead of a password. The account uses a Microsoft account and when trying to personalize the sign-in to a pin, appears to show the normal screen progression that the pin is accepted, confirmed using the password, but the after signing out and trying to go back into the user account, no pin is offered. Only password sign in available.

Anyone else seeing this problem? Solutions? I tried going into group policy and found pin sign in by default is disabled. I enabled the policy, but that does not correct it.

:)

Reldel, Jan 24, 2015
  2. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP Win User

How to downgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Upon install or Upgrade you either use or create a MS Account which always requires password or easier PIN, or click through several choices to select a User Account instead for which password can be left blank. If you had a User Account you need to deliberately
    change it in Settings>Accounts to use a MS Account requiring password. It cannot be invoked by signing into MS Community with a MS User Account. If you were using a MS Account on the PC then it had a password or PIN all along.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jan 24, 2015
  3. EileenDombrowsky Win User
    I cannot sign in with my password

Sorry about the typing. There are no other user accounts on my computer. I cannot user my microsoft password to sign in, only my pin

EileenDombrowsky, Jan 24, 2015
  4. Recnal2 Win User

I have the same problem as well

Recnal2, Jan 24, 2015
  5. Reldel Win User
    Having done a bit more research, looking in Tech Preview Feedback, the Pin not functioning is a known problem in 9926. No doubt it will have to corrected in a future build or update.

Reldel, Jan 24, 2015
  6. Reldel Win User
    One further knowledge point, if you installed Windows 10, as an upgrade over Windows 8.1.1, the Microsoft account with a PIN to sign in works as expected. Only custom installs appear to have the flaw of PIN not working to sign in.

Reldel, Jan 25, 2015
  7. CoolClownFish Win User
    I have noticed that the registry is empty at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\PINLogonEnrollme nt

CoolClownFish, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cannot sign into user account with pin instead of password - Similar Threads - Cannot sign user

1. Cannot Sign In On 1803 April Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Sign In On 1803 April Update: I just updated my build from 1709 (Fall Creator’s) to 1803 (Spring/Redstone 4), and after a lengthy upgrade process, I go to sign in, but can’t... The sign in screen appears normally, and I can enter my PIN or Microsoft Password to sign in. However, signing in with either...
  2. The user profile service failed the sign-in user profile cannot be loa

in Windows 10 Support
    The user profile service failed the sign-in user profile cannot be loa: The user profile service failed the sign-in user profile cannot be loaded in Windows 10. I created a local account in Windows 10 and when I login I get that error. My laptop came preinstalled with Windows 10 and was not upgraded. There is no folder being created for...
  3. Can Create New User Account, but cannot sign in with that account.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can Create New User Account, but cannot sign in with that account.: I can create new user accounts from Windows Settings, see image. But a review of regedit shows that no profile has been created for any of these new accounts, only for my original administrator account. See image. When I try to sign as as any other user, I get the...
  4. User Prolfile service failed the sign-in user profile cannot be loaded

in Windows 10 Support
    User Prolfile service failed the sign-in user profile cannot be loaded: So I was Dumb and changed the drive that had my user profile to another letter. Now i Can't log in. Please help. 54363
  5. Cannot create accounts (User Profile Service Failed the sign-in)

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create accounts (User Profile Service Failed the sign-in): When I create a new account, I can't sign into it, an error screen that says "The User Profile service failed the sign-in, the user profile cannot be loaded". This error occurs on any account that I create, regardless of its priveleges, besides my own and the hidden admin...
  6. ONLY USER(local) Password not working. Now cannot sign-in!!

in Windows 10 Support
    ONLY USER(local) Password not working. Now cannot sign-in!!: So yesterday I restarted my computer after an update and I type in my PIN as usual to login and then I get a message saying "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with your new password, and then you can sign in with your PIN."...
  7. Cannot sign in to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot sign in to Windows 10: Hi. I've been having problems with my other laptop. When you click on the Start button, there is pane that shows you your installed programs. Well, I was getting automatic down scrolling. I thought it was a stuck key, but actually, it was the mouse causing that scrolling....
Cannot sign into user account with pin instead of password solved