Windows 10: Cannot sign into Windows 10 after locking: no option to enter password or pin.

Discus and support Cannot sign into Windows 10 after locking: no option to enter password or pin. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Windows 10 surface book, version1809 (17763.805). This is now happening regulary but not consistently: I lock my laptop with ctrl+L and when I come... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ShaunRead, Oct 10, 2019.

1. ShaunRead Win User

Cannot sign into Windows 10 after locking: no option to enter password or pin.

Windows 10 surface book, version1809 (17763.805).

This is now happening regulary but not consistently: I lock my laptop with ctrl+L and when I come back after the screen has dimmed and try to login, Windows Hello says that it could not recognise me. In addition to that, there is not an option to enter my microsoft password or my device pin. Those options are gone, there are no buttons. So the only option is to reboot (hibernate or sleep don't refresh anything), which fixes it (until next time). I've lost a lot of work over the last few days because of this.

Does anyone have any idea about what is going on? The only things I've done differently is install the windows update and install/user Docker desktop.

Thanks

:)

ShaunRead, Oct 10, 2019

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Password to sign in

Hi Rosa,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether you are using Microsoft/Local account to sign in to Windows 10.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Sign in options.

• Click on Change under Change your account password.

• Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.

• Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Add under PIN.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.

• Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Signing into Windows 10 password error...

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

settings menu.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Change under Change your account password.
    • Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.
    • Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

settings menu.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Add under
      PIN
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.
    • Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

Forgotten password and other sign-in problems please follow the link below .

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot sign into Windows 10 after locking: no option to enter password or pin. - Similar Threads - Cannot sign locking

2. Windows 11 PIN Locked/No Sign In Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PIN Locked/No Sign In Options: My computer died last night and after plugging it in and booting it up, I have not been able to sign in. The only sign in option showing is PIN, which is “disabled due to failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns”, and no button is showing to access other sign in options...
  3. Windows 11 PIN Locked/No Sign In Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 PIN Locked/No Sign In Options: My computer died last night and after plugging it in and booting it up, I have not been able to sign in. The only sign in option showing is PIN, which is “disabled due to failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns”, and no button is showing to access other sign in options...
  4. Forgot Password. Cannot sign in with PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot Password. Cannot sign in with PIN: so when I shut down my laptop, I came back to it and tried to login with my pin. it says "your password has been changed on a different device. you must sign in to this device once your with your new password, and then you can sign in with your pin.To reset my password, i...
  5. No Option To Enter Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No Option To Enter Password: This is a strange one. The login option to enter my password is not present when my PC is started cold,from sleep etc. I am running version E0H2 (OS Build 19042.685) and using Defender for security. I can login with my fingerprint or pin but not my password. Help would be...
  6. Windows returns to lock screen after login / entering correct pin or password

Windows returns to lock screen after login / entering correct pin or password: As simple as I said it in title, this problem literally locks you out of your user account and won't let you in. It as the same as this discussion that they've solved in multiple methods; Windows lock screen after login BUT ; I have found a better solution Their...
  7. after windows 10 updates Password box locks up cannot enter

after windows 10 updates Password box locks up cannot enter: After I complete any updates for Windows 10. I attempt to enter password, only to have it get locked out by PW screen turning black. Also another common problem occurs which is the mouse does what it wants. I am running AVG antivirus. All is clear no issues. If I am...
  8. Cannot find PIN Sign-in option

Cannot find PIN Sign-in option: I wanted to add a PIN login for my PC but i discovered that in the Sign-in options there are only 3 options available Security Key,Password and Picture Password. There is no option for pin at all. Thanks for help....
  9. Entering a Pin to sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Entering a Pin to sign in: I cannot login to my microsoft word account as it requires me to provide a pin (that I can't remember). The system advises me to go to the Settings page then the account page and so forth in order to resolve it however, another one of my accounts is logged onto my laptop....
  10. Locked out of Windows 10 after entering the wrong PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of Windows 10 after entering the wrong PIN: My 92 year old Mother who is in another state is having computer problems. It appears she has entered the wrong pin and is locked out. She says she enters the A1B2C3 but it doesnt help. I see info on how to login on a Windows phone but not for a computer. Can you advise...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. your pin is required to sign in windows