Windows 10: Cannot signin to accounts already logged on - intermittent

Discus and support Cannot signin to accounts already logged on - intermittent in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Every so often on my W10 x64 PC I cannot sign on to any account which is already logged on. User password seems to be accepted but then screen just... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RobNock, May 8, 2021.

1. RobNock Win User

Cannot signin to accounts already logged on - intermittent

Every so often on my W10 x64 PC I cannot sign on to any account which is already logged on. User password seems to be accepted but then screen just goes back to lock screen. Retry numerous times and same result every time. No error message. So have to logon with Admin acct and log out all other accounts and can then sign on as normal. Processor IntelR CoreTM i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz 2.79 GHzInstalled RAM &n

:)

RobNock, May 8, 2021
  2. old1mike Win User

'signin with local account' not working

windows 10 pro version 1803. intel core2 quad. 8Gb ram.
    accounts-your accounts-signin with local account - not working.
    accounts-signin options - not working
    accounts-family&others-others-add - not working.
    I had upgraded from win7 pro.
    Been running logging in via Microsoft account since start. Had internet go down and PC was reset. Could not log in till internet came back up. I have posted question how to fix on Microsoft windows10 forum. Basically was told to just do clean reinstall. That is not an option. Would like to see if anyone can help please.
    Thanks in advance.

old1mike, May 8, 2021
  3. old1mike Win User
    'signin with local account' not working

Tried those. Did not work. Did some more checking. CMD(admin) window net user shows all the user accounts. LUSMGR.msc there are no users listed. Not sure if this is part of my problem. Also, found reference to ntrights. Will see if that might help with specific user (mine) that I cannot change to local signin.

old1mike, May 8, 2021
  4. Cannot signin to accounts already logged on - intermittent

Duplicate Accounts at Windows 10 Signin

I have a duplicate account at signin and the one that I don't want is the default account.

Here are the list of user accounts and there is not a duplicate account for Tim.

What can I do to fix the problem?

TimDavidson65, May 8, 2021
Thema:

Cannot signin to accounts already logged on - intermittent

1. Cannot signin to accounts already logged on - intermittent - Similar Threads - Cannot signin accounts

2. Cannot log in to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot log in to Microsoft account: My Microsoft account continually logs me out and says there is a problem, but when I go to support it says there is not a problem with my account. I am constantly asked to verify my identity and then I get there's a problem message. This happens on all my devices. Please...
  3. Cannot log in to Windows account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot log in to Windows account: I am having trouble logging in to my desktop. When I enter my credentials, it says "signing in" and immediately signs out. I cannot see the desktop. The event log shows the following error: The User Data Access_22a7cb7 service terminated with the following error: Class not...
  4. Cannot log into account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot log into account: I have forgotten my PIN to access my account. The reset phone number I had listed was wrong so I tried to change it but have now found it takes 30 days for this to take effect. I can get access to the old phone number so would like to go back to trying this, but get the...
  5. account seems to be already logged in after boot

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    account seems to be already logged in after boot: I have several PCs in my home, and I've noticed something curious about one of them. While normally after logging in, it takes a few minutes for everything to load, initialize and sync (e.g., Google Drive, Cisco VPN client, etc. -- various apps that load in the system tray),...
  6. OneDrive account signin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive account signin: I changed my Microsoft username and OneDrive kept asking for my old username. I was able to change the "account" on OneDrive, however, when attempting to signin, nothing happens and OneDrive will not start....
  7. cannot log in with AD account.

cannot log in with AD account.: i have one windows 10 PC that does not give me the option to log on as a different user. it only gives me the option to log into the local accounts on the PC. i use this PC to test Active Directory accounts from time to time, and i cannot figure out for the life of me why i...
  8. 'signin with local account' not working

'signin with local account' not working: windows 10 pro version 1803. intel core2 quad. 8Gb ram. accounts-your accounts-signin with local account - not working. accounts-signin options - not working accounts-family&others-others-add - not working. I had upgraded from win7 pro. Been running logging in via Microsoft...
  9. log on with an already-established local account

log on with an already-established local account: After a recent update, local accounts do not show up on one of our pcs. The sign-in screen only accepts an e-mail address, as for a microsoft account. I can log on with my administrator Microsoft account, and the local users' folders are there, but "Other User" on the...
  10. Login screen - notification of accounts already logged in?

Login screen - notification of accounts already logged in?: In Windows 7, when you were already logged into a Windows user account..... or if your PC went to the login screen upon sleep or hibernate..... it was easy to tell that there was an account already logged in. In Windows 10 that language on the login screen does not exist...