Windows 10: Cannot start any services

Discus and support Cannot start any services in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. Whenever I go to start a service or change anything to a service, all I get is a grayed out menu. See image belo[ATTACH]w... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Subbbb, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Subbbb Win User

Cannot start any services

Hi. Whenever I go to start a service or change anything to a service, all I get is a grayed out menu. See image belo Cannot start any services e6450c80-a3ba-4511-94f7-cb15953031db?upload=true.png w

:)

Subbbb, Aug 18, 2020

2. EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Aug 18, 2020
  3. unable to start the Windows time service on Windows 10

Hi Enriq,

As you are facing issue with starting the Windows Time Service, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly happens when you try to turn on the service?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Method 1: I suggest you to run a SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to
    fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)” to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Refer: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Method 2: I suggest you to Restart Windows Time Service and check if it helps.

Windows Time Service maintains date and time synchronization on all clients and servers in the network. If this service is stopped date and time synchronization will be unavailable. If this service is disabled,
    any services that explicitly depends on it will fail to start.

Step 1: Stop the service:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc, Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Time service and stop.
    • To do so, right click on each service select Stop
    • Restart the device.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Time service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of accessing the Windows Time Service for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Windows update service not starting.

Hi Diane,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue. 

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following query:

• What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you have tried?

I suggest you to try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Let’s run
    Windows Update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Refer to the steps below to runWindows Update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + S and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Windows Update.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

• Check if issue persists.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2: Reset Windows update component.

I suggest you to refer “Manually reset Windows Update components” section of the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 3.

Method 3: DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management)

Run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool which fixes the Windows corruption error if there are any. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit Enter.
    Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot start any services - Similar Threads - Cannot start services

2. cannot start bluetooth services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot start bluetooth services: i got this error and i cant use bluetooth can anyone please help me fix this i have tried to use sfc/scannow but it didnt workwhen i tried to run it got error code 162 and 1068...
  3. cannot start bluetooth services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot start bluetooth services: i got this error and i cant use bluetooth can anyone please help me fix this i have tried to use sfc/scannow but it didnt workwhen i tried to run it got error code 162 and 1068...
  4. Cannot start Remote Desktop Service

Cannot start Remote Desktop Service: I have a new Windows 11 PC and I am not able to start Remote Desktop Service. Based on other threads, I think BitDefender altered the registry for TermService. I have another Windows 11 machine where it starts fine. I exported the registry for term service and imported it on...
  5. Cannot start Software Protection Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot start Software Protection Service: have taken ownership of sppsvc, have changed ownership on regedit, process still won't start, telling me access is denied, I have also reset windows, and still the process will not start, it is not allowing me to update because of this...
  6. Cannot start Software Protection Service

Cannot start Software Protection Service: have taken ownership of sppsvc, have changed ownership on regedit, process still won't start, telling me access is denied, I have also reset windows, and still the process will not start, it is not allowing me to update because of this...
  7. Cannot type in any windows services.

in Cortana
    Cannot type in any windows services.: Hi, I cannot type into ANY windows services. This includes, but not limited to, the windows search feature in the task bar, settings, support chats built into windows and file explorer. I can type just fine in everything else, this message is typed on the same pc and...
  8. Windows Update service cannot start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update service cannot start: Windows update encountered a error when checking for update. My windows update sevice cannot be started and it shows "windows could not start the windows update on local computer. Error 2: The file specified was not found." These are the method I've tried to solve this...
  9. Windows update service cannot start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update service cannot start: Windows update service cannot start it show access is denied, please help thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-service-cannot-start/e51efbea-b410-427a-a5fd-b6941308d1c2
  10. IISM and WAS services cannot start

in Windows 10 Support
    IISM and WAS services cannot start: Hi After a major W10 April update (1083) which went through 3-4 days ago, the w3svc service cannot start. Its because the WAS service cannot start, which upon start attempt gives error 2: the system cannot find the file specified In EV the errors are: The Windows Process...