Windows 10: cannot start event log service, says access denied. help

Discus and support cannot start event log service, says access denied. help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Recently I tried to look at the event logs. it says cannot open check service is running. When I go to the services menu, it doesn't allow me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nezzar92, Jun 6, 2020.

1. nezzar92 Win User

cannot start event log service, says access denied. help

Hi

Recently I tried to look at the event logs. it says cannot open check service is running. When I go to the services menu, it doesn't allow me to start the service, it says access denied.

I have a laptop with windows 10, about 4-6 weeks old. My user account is the only account set up on the laptop and I do not login with microsoft account. I'd be really grateful if someone can help me resolve this thank you

:)

nezzar92, Jun 6, 2020

2. Audio Service not starting - access denied

My audio service is refusing to start regardless of what I try on Windows 10 1803.

I have attempted the following:

• Re-installing audio drivers
    • Updating audio drivers
    • A full virus scan
    • A disk check
    • An SFC check
    • Making sure all the dependencies of the Windows Audio Service are running
    None of these have succeeded in changing anything.
    Whenever I try to start the audio service, I get this error message:

cannot start event log service, says access denied. help [​IMG]

This made me think it is potentially the firewall messing everything up, so I start up Windows Defender and get this error message:

Are these two problems related, and does anyone know how I can fix it?

EDIT:
    The Windows Defender Antivirus Service and Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service are both not running, and when I try to start them I get this error:

I imagine that this is connected in some way but I have no clue how to fix it.

Sulphuric Glue, Jun 7, 2020
  3. "Windows Event Log" service not starting

When I start the "Windows Event Log" service I get the following error:

Windows could not start the Windows Event Log service on Local Computer.

Error 15008: The specified xml text was not well-formed. See Extended Error for more details.

Any suggestion on how to make this sevice work again?

Thanks,

AndreaSchiavinato, Jun 7, 2020
  4. cannot start event log service, says access denied. help

Windows 10 Search service not started Error 5: Access is denied

In that case, let's focus on the Error 5: Access denied error message that you received. Check out the link for
    Error message when attempting to start the Windows Event Log Service: "Access denied" from

Solution Center for Access Denied Error Messages

Update us with the results.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

cannot start event log service, says access denied. help

1. cannot start event log service, says access denied. help - Similar Threads - cannot start event

2. Bluetooth Services Access Denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Services Access Denied: Hi,I currently own a pair of Sony WH-1000XM4 and earbuds WF-100XM3 that have the same problem. When using Microsoft Teams, I face a strange issue that when I use the headset as speaker, and an external microphone as microphone see setup below, there is no sound coming to my...
  3. Cannot Start windows defender service: Access Denied

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot Start windows defender service: Access Denied: Hello. So basically, i've had the idea to tweak my computer to disable the stuff that I do not use like windows update, microsoft store, etc, So I decided to download a tool to help me do that. Right after I executed it, Windows Defender started to become crazy and some of...
  4. Windows Defender service won't start Access Denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender service won't start Access Denied: I wanted to install XBOX app but whenever I install it I got the error > looks like something went wrong 0x80073D0A I looked this code and it seems it wants Windows Defender to be on, so I went to check Windows defender but I can't open it, whenever I click it the open with...
  5. Windows Defender service won't start Access Denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender service won't start Access Denied: I wanted to install XBOX app but whenever I install it I got the error > looks like something went wrong 0x80073D0A I looked this code and it seems it wants Windows Defender to be on, so I went to check Windows defender but I can't open it, whenever I click it the open with...
  6. Windows Defender service won't start Access Denied

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Event Log Service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Log Service: When I try to use Event Viewer it tells me that Event Log Service is not running or unavailable. I find that it is stopped so I start the service but if I check back later I get the same message and nothing has been logged...
  8. Cannot start windows audio service, access is denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot start windows audio service, access is denied: Hi, I recently restart my laptop and after that, I saw a red cross on my audio sign. I run the troubleshooting. It says one or more audio services isn't running. Then I go to the services. I saw windows audio endpoint builder is running. But the window audio is not...
  9. Access denied - Audio Service not starting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access denied - Audio Service not starting: My audio service is refusing to start regardless of what I try on Windows 10 1803. I have attempted the following: Re-installing audio drivers Updating audio drivers A full virus scan A disk check An SFC check Making sure all the dependencies of the Windows Audio Service...
  10. Audio Service not starting - access denied

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio Service not starting - access denied: My audio service is refusing to start regardless of what I try on Windows 10 1803. I have attempted the following: Re-installing audio drivers Updating audio drivers A full virus scan A disk check An SFC check Making sure all the dependencies of the Windows Audio Service...