Windows 10: cannot start msconfig in normal startup

Discus and support cannot start msconfig in normal startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot get my computer to start in nomal start up. It keeps starting in selective startup. I have tried everything. Can anyone give an answer to this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlanLane5, Nov 3, 2020.

1. AlanLane5 Win User

cannot start msconfig in normal startup

I cannot get my computer to start in nomal start up. It keeps starting in selective startup. I have tried everything. Can anyone give an answer to this problem please.

AlanLane5

:)

AlanLane5, Nov 3, 2020

2. cannot return to normal startup in MSCONFIG after running it in diagnostic startup.

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand you are not able to boot to in normal mode. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Did you follow the below steps to enable the Normal startup?

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Click on the General tab.
    • Select the Normal startup option.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Restart the system and check.
    If yes, you may follow the below steps to check if the computer boots to selective startup:

• Select the General tab.
    • Select the Selective startup option, check the box for load startup services, load startup items, use original boot configuration will be enabled.
    • Restart the computer.
    If it boots successfully to selective startup then you can boot to normal startup from selective startup.

Please check the above scenario and get back with the results.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Recovery to normal startup from diagnostic startup in windows 10

Hi Dimas,

There are different factors that can contribute to the issue you're facing that your computer wont boot up to the normal Windows 10 environment after using diagnostic startup. This could be caused by corrupted files or settings that need to be reconfigured.
    As a initial recommendation, kindly refer to the steps below to start the computer in normal mode.

• Click on the General tab.
    • Select the Normal startup option.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Restart the system and check.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Nov 3, 2020
  4. cannot start msconfig in normal startup

MSconfig / normal startup

Hi all,

I am experiencing problems on startup (old Dell E6320 with Windows 10 32bits) since I may have change MSconfig setup from Selective to Normal Startup. Ever since when Windows is booting, it takes minutes to get to the PW screen, my PW is no longer accepted,
    then it fades away as if it was a timeout.

Does it ring a bell to somebody? Any idea?

Have a great day.

Gaël 92700, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

cannot start msconfig in normal startup

1. cannot start msconfig in normal startup - Similar Threads - cannot start msconfig

2. msconfig is unable to set normal startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msconfig is unable to set normal startup: there is a constant problem even right after the clean install of windows.. in msconfig window when i click on '' normal startup selection '' the apply button remains fade.. in other words the system is notable to start in a normal condition. sfc /scan and dsim commands...
  3. msconfig is unable to set normal startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    msconfig is unable to set normal startup: there is a constant problem even right after the clean install of windows.. in msconfig window when i click on '' normal startup selection '' the apply button remains fade.. in other words the system is notable to start in a normal condition. sfc /scan and dsim commands...
  4. msconfig is unable to set normal startup

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. MSCONFIG: Startup selection always reverting to selective after setting it to normal

MSCONFIG: Startup selection always reverting to selective after setting it to normal: In System Configuration, the Startup selection is set to selective and whenever I apply, it keeps on reverting to selective. I need this changed because I need normal for it to start my device drivers because I need to manually do it, and it gets really annoyingto have to do...
  6. Msconfig is selective not normal

Msconfig is selective not normal: I have tried to set to normal by applying but it reverts to selective. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msconfig-is-selective-not-normal/4f88e2be-a92d-4996-a591-7e170852ec2b
  7. Windows Keeps Selecting Selective Startup In MSconfig Rather Than Normal Startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Keeps Selecting Selective Startup In MSconfig Rather Than Normal Startup: why does windows keep selecting selective startup rather than normal startup, when it picks selective startup it stops me from being able to launch certain programs as it disables most of them submitted by /u/DGW04 [link] [comments]...
  8. MSconfig / normal startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSconfig / normal startup: Hi all, I am experiencing problems on startup (old Dell E6320 with Windows 10 32bits) since I may have change MSconfig setup from Selective to Normal Startup. Ever since when Windows is booting, it takes minutes to get to the PW screen, my PW is no longer accepted, then it...
  9. Cannot change MSCONFIG from Selective to Normal Start Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot change MSCONFIG from Selective to Normal Start Up: Hi All, I have noticed in my fresh clean install of Windows 10 Pro, when running MSCONFIG that my system is set to Selective startup. If I select Normal startup and click Apply, it immediately defaults back to Selective startup again. I also notice that one service...
  10. msconfig won't let me choose "Normal Startup" - reverts to Selective

in Windows 10 Support
    msconfig won't let me choose "Normal Startup" - reverts to Selective: When I run msconfig, it shows that Selective Startup is selected. I click on Normal Startup - but as soon as I select "OK", it reverts back to Selective Startup. Thank you. 89729

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cant boot Windows 10 in Normal Startup

2. windows 10 keeps starting in selective startup

3. msconfig normal startup not working windows 10