Windows 10: Cannot start PC (system_service_exception) after Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Cannot start PC (system_service_exception) after Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I just installed the 2019.03 Windows 10 Cumulative Updates today, at the end of the installation it asks for a restart, so I clicked the restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SR_449, Apr 7, 2019.

1. SR_449 Win User

Cannot start PC (system_service_exception) after Windows 10 Update

Hi,

I just installed the 2019.03 Windows 10 Cumulative Updates today, at the end of the installation it asks for a restart, so I clicked the restart button but then my PC failed to start again.

Basically after the login screen it goes to a blue screen with message “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart... at the bottom of this screen it shows stop code: system_service_exception.

Here are what i’ve tried to fix the issue (none worked):

I tried to do a system restore but it gives an error message “an unspecified error occured during system restore 0x80070020”.

I also tried to start my PC in safe mode but it won’t let me do it. Goes straight to the “Your PC ran into a problem” blue screen again.

Then I tried to run the sfc/scannow command in command prompt, it gives an error message of “Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation”.

Not sure what else i can do here so will really appreciate it if anyone can help. Thanks!

:)

SR_449, Apr 7, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Bluescreen SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION on Windows 10

Hello,

User profile corruption is one of the possible reasons why you encountered the blue screen error
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. Since you have tried to run the
    System File Checker tool
    and updated all of your drivers, we suggest
    creating a new user account on your computer and see if the same error will occur while using a different profile. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

On Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Professional editions:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Family & other people > Add
      someone else to this PC

• Enter a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

Once done, let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Apr 7, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot start PC (system_service_exception) after Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Cannot start system_service_exception

2. After Windows 10 update, it cannot start.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After Windows 10 update, it cannot start.: Every time it keeps going to the recovery options. When I go to the advanced options, it asks me for a password, and when I enter it, it says that it is incorrect. I tried using Shift on startup, it goes to advanced options, and when I try Safe Mode it restarts and throws the...
  3. After Windows 10 update, PC won't start

in Windows 10 Support
    After Windows 10 update, PC won't start: I have a custom built PC running Windows 10 Professional 64-bit Version 2004 (build 19041.630) - last build before the update. Until this latest update from Microsoft, I have not had any problems. My PC has a 3.40 GHz Intel Core i5-3570K cpu, 32 GB memory, 2 450GB SSD drives,...
  4. Computer cannot start after latest windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer cannot start after latest windows 10 update.: When updating to the lastest windows 10 update It said that it could not be completed and was reverting changes. After it started back up again it went to into startup diagnostics and failed, afterwords it would not start up anymore. I have run the bootrec commands and...
  5. Cannot start windows 10 after update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot start windows 10 after update.: I have an HP Pavilion pc that worked perfectly before the latest update, but now I can't even get to the stage where windows little revolving circle appears. When I switch on the first thing that appears on my Benz monitor in the right hand lower corner is no signal...
  6. Cannot start pc in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot start pc in Windows 10: I’ve been unable to start my pc in windows 10 since april 9 2020 and have tried all the suggestions with no success. I did find an error related to updates, 0x8000ffff, and I understand an update was released around this time. Could this be the cause of the problem and if so...
  7. Stop Code: System_Service_Exception, Windows 10 PC Blue Screen

Stop Code: System_Service_Exception, Windows 10 PC Blue Screen: Hello, I received a System_Service_Exception blue screen today. I read on the forums that if I share my dmp and nfo files it is possible to localise the issue. Does anyone have experience and time to help me with this? Files in question:...
  8. System_Service_Exception after installing KB4490481 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System_Service_Exception after installing KB4490481 on Windows 10: After installing the latest windows update KB4490481, I received System_Service_Exception every time when I login. This exception does not occur after I restore my windows to previous time. I get this error for my laptop computer Lenovo Yoga 900 -13ISK2 Signature...
  9. BSOD Error after Windows Update - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys)

BSOD Error after Windows Update - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys): I am receiving a Blue screen randomly after installing the new series of windows updates. It is throwing a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys) after trying to do a print screen on our IBM iSeries 5250 Telnet session. Link to minidump zip is below....
  10. Graphics issues after upgrade to Windows 10: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics issues after upgrade to Windows 10: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Hi, 2 days ago I upgraded to Windows 10 my HP ProBook 450 G0. After I realized my graphic drivers are not working properly I tried to update them to the lastest listed at drivers download section for my model. After this I had BSODs and couldn't even see login screen. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vmware converted from pc system_service_exception windows 10

2. windows 10 cannot start system exception

3. after windows 10 update cannot start