Windows 10: Cannot start update service, please help. This is the error I get.

Discus and support Cannot start update service, please help. This is the error I get. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nostalgicthrowaway2 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nostalgicthrowaway2, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Cannot start update service, please help. This is the error I get.

/u/nostalgicthrowaway2, Dec 1, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Dec 1, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Cannot start update service, please help. This is the error I get. :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Cannot start update service, please help. This is the error I get.

Windows update service not starting.

Hi Diane,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue. 

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following query:

• What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you have tried?

I suggest you to try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Let’s run
    Windows Update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Refer to the steps below to runWindows Update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + S and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Windows Update.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

• Check if issue persists.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2: Reset Windows update component.

I suggest you to refer “Manually reset Windows Update components” section of the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 3.

Method 3: DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management)

Run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool which fixes the Windows corruption error if there are any. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit Enter.
    Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Cannot start update service, please help. This is the error I get.

1. Cannot start update service, please help. This is the error I get. - Similar Threads - Cannot start update

2. cannot use system restore i get .exe errors please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot use system restore i get .exe errors please help: ok so someone i know was using my cpu to trouble shoot his chromebook os and has downloaded the entrire os to my cpu in the meantime things started going wry i asked him to remove it to an external storage and then he did a system restore sadly i thought everything was ok...
  3. cannot use system restore i get .exe errors please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot use system restore i get .exe errors please help: ok so someone i know was using my cpu to trouble shoot his chromebook os and has downloaded the entrire os to my cpu in the meantime things started going wry i asked him to remove it to an external storage and then he did a system restore sadly i thought everything was ok...
  4. I cannot start Windows update services

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot start Windows update services: Hi!Windows Update tab in settings is still loading, no information about latest Windows update, Windows version now, but still blank.I want to update my version of Windows I have a long time that I do not, please help. Thanks....
  5. I cannot start Windows update services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot start Windows update services: Hi!Windows Update tab in settings is still loading, no information about latest Windows update, Windows version now, but still blank.I want to update my version of Windows I have a long time that I do not, please help. Thanks....
  6. I cannot start Windows update services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Update service cannot start

Windows Update service cannot start: Windows update encountered a error when checking for update. My windows update sevice cannot be started and it shows "windows could not start the windows update on local computer. Error 2: The file specified was not found." These are the method I've tried to solve this...
  8. Windows update service cannot start

Windows update service cannot start: Windows update service cannot start it show access is denied, please help thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-service-cannot-start/e51efbea-b410-427a-a5fd-b6941308d1c2
  9. I cannot get DISM to work! Help please!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I cannot get DISM to work! Help please!: Nevermind. A user on another site solved it for me by providing me the correct ISO. 61303
  10. Getting Errors - Please Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting Errors - Please Help: I was having issues with my desktop. I ran a diagnostics through powerfcg.exe and found this. Let me know what you guys think I should do: Energy efficiency problems were found. 2 Errors 5 Warnings 26 Informational See below for more details: Power Efficiency...