Windows 10: Cannot start windows after power outage

Discus and support Cannot start windows after power outage in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; There was a momentary power flicker at my apartment while I was not home as a result of a storm. When I go to start my PC, it attempts automatic repair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kyle Stogoski, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Cannot start windows after power outage

There was a momentary power flicker at my apartment while I was not home as a result of a storm. When I go to start my PC, it attempts automatic repair before going to a blue screen that says "Startup Repair couldn't fix your PC", and offers to either shut down or go to advanced options. In advanced options I have tried simply continuing and restarting but those do not work, and in troubleshooting I have attempting resetting but it says there's an issue and it cannot reset. Then in advanced options I see "startup repair", "startup settings", "command prompt", "uninstall updates", "UEFI Firmwar

:)

Kyle Stogoski, Sep 30, 2022
  2. Alainikus Win User

Power Outage

Hi there, I just had a power outage and i'm worried that my windows installation will be damaged. I have an SSD. Should there be any steps I should do now? What should I check?

Alainikus, Sep 30, 2022
  3. Power outage caused programs to disappear and/or become disfunctional

Hello,

There are few factors that can contribute to the issue you are encountering. Power outages can result in data loss, corruption of folders/files, and programs not functioning.

To assist you further, kindly provide more details by answering the following questions:

• Which browser are you using to check the passwords and favorites section? Provide the list of browsers where you encountered the concern.
    • Have you tried using another account to verify if the programs are still missing on your program list?

There is a possibility that the drive index has been corrupted. We highly suggest that you check your hard drive and scan for errors by following these steps:

• Open This PC on File Explorer and locate your hard drive.
    • Right-click and choose Properties.
    • Under Tools tab, click on Check Now button.

After scanning the hard drive, hidden files and folders, as well as lost data can be restored.

Additionally, we advise running the System File Checker as another way for us to check or scan for data corruptions in Windows system files that can be affected by the power outage. To do so, follow the steps on this article:

Using System File Checker in Windows 10.

Let us know of any details pertaining to your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Sep 30, 2022
  4. mrsscotty Win User

Cannot start windows after power outage

power outage-Windows 10 will not finish booting

Help !!! Had a power outage this morning and now I cannot get windows 10 to complete boot up

It starts the booting process and then my screen goes blank. I cannot even get to the prompt screen? To run any. diagnostics. any suggestions ?ANY HELP WOULD BE SO APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!

thank you!!!!!

mrsscotty, Sep 30, 2022
Thema:

Cannot start windows after power outage

1. Cannot start windows after power outage - Similar Threads - Cannot start power

2. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  3. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  4. Low fps after power outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low fps after power outage: Last night, the power went out while the computer was on, there is no lag in Windows, but all the games I got constant 75 FPS fell between 35-50. There is no heating problem in the case, all settings are set to high performance, I reset the BIOS, reinstalled the video card...
  5. Cannot start windows after power outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot start windows after power outage: There was a momentary power flicker at my apartment while I was not home as a result of a storm. When I go to start my PC, it attempts automatic repair before going to a blue screen that says "Startup Repair couldn't fix your PC", and offers to either shut down or go to...
  6. Cannot start windows after power outage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot start windows after power outage: There was a momentary power flicker at my apartment while I was not home as a result of a storm. When I go to start my PC, it attempts automatic repair before going to a blue screen that says "Startup Repair couldn't fix your PC", and offers to either shut down or go to...
  7. Windows Corrupt after Power Outage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Corrupt after Power Outage: I was resetting a Windows 10 desktop and there was a power outage when it was only at 64%.The computer then would flash the Dell logo booting and then flash the Windows Reset screen still at 64% and then it just repeats over and over.Eventually we unplugged it and then the...
  8. Windows 10 not starting after power outage

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 not starting after power outage: Power went out and now windows doesnt start. All the basic fixes dont work Startup Repair - Couldnt repair your PC System Restore - To use System Restore, you must specify which Windows installation to restore. Restart this computer, select an operating system, and then...
  9. Trouble after power outage

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Trouble after power outage: Last night we has a short, flicker-type power outage. My computer and my DVR are the only things it shut down. When I turned my computer back on, I first got my lock screen, like normal, then when I clicked to get the sign-in screen, I got a blue screen where I had to sign...
  10. Windows10 after power outage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows10 after power outage: After a power outage, my Windows10 will not reboot properly. I have a back screen with a few limited icons. Recovery under Settings does not eliminate the problem. I cannot access any of my working files. Can anyone help advise please?...