Windows 10: Cannot Start Windows Search Service: Error 3 cannot find path

Discus and support Cannot Start Windows Search Service: Error 3 cannot find path in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Earlier today I tried to rebuild the windows search index, only to find out that I currently have no locations indexed. I also cannot modify... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ocman76, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Ocman76 Win User

Cannot Start Windows Search Service: Error 3 cannot find path

Hello,

Earlier today I tried to rebuild the windows search index, only to find out that I currently have no locations indexed. I also cannot modify to add any new locations. Windows search troubleshooter shows the following results:

Cannot Start Windows Search Service: Error 3 cannot find path [​IMG]

I went to services and tried to start the windows search service, only to be given an error message about the path specified not existing. This doesn't make any sense because I can literally see the windows search executable:

Cannot Start Windows Search Service: Error 3 cannot find path [​IMG]

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Any help is appreciated!

:)

Ocman76, Nov 15, 2015

2. Help fixing windows search: Windows search service and indexing do not work. Maybe Registry problem.

Hi Santosh,

Please see Figure 3 in my original post. The windows search service cannot be started. After starting the service "Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified" is returned by windows and the Status of the service is blank in the "Status" column
    of the Services Window. This error caused me to look in the registry. Please see Figure 4 in my original post.

Thanks,

Alan

AlanSmith2, Nov 15, 2015
  3. C.Chavez Win User
    windows 10 search does not work or is running

I am on Windows 10 and the search facility does not work either in windows or in outlook

Windows Search is set at automatic, attempt to start the service and received the message:

"Windows could not start the Windows Search service on Local Computer.

Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified"

The path C:\WINDOWS\system32\SearchIndexer.exe does exist

Any help gratefully appreciated

C.Chavez, Nov 15, 2015
  4. Ocman76 Win User

A refresh of windows 10 has fixed the problem *Smile

Ocman76, Nov 18, 2015
Thema:

1. Cannot Start Windows Search Service: Error 3 cannot find path - Similar Threads - Cannot Start Search

2. DISM Error 3 Cannot find specific path at 37.1 Percent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM Error 3 Cannot find specific path at 37.1 Percent: Hi, recently I had issues with windows update and therefore I ran the DISM command. When I ran the /ScanHealth one, it tells me that it fails with Error 3. The log is attached.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgnXErubUMy1gYRDU92bO0bWz2HlIw?e=jRBTHs...
  3. DISM Error 3 Cannot find specific path at 37.1 Percent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM Error 3 Cannot find specific path at 37.1 Percent: Hi, recently I had issues with windows update and therefore I ran the DISM command. When I ran the /ScanHealth one, it tells me that it fails with Error 3. The log is attached.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgnXErubUMy1gYRDU92bO0bWz2HlIw?e=jRBTHs...
  4. System cannot find path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System cannot find path: I opened my laptop to see a blue screen with weird options and it won’t boot. There is no option to reset the computer so I have been trying to do it to through the boot bcd. I get all the way till the end when it asks “Add installation to boot list?” When I click yes it says...
  5. The system cannot find the path specified. os error 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system cannot find the path specified. os error 3: Windows 10 OS Build 19043.1348 Ninja version 1.10.0.git**Source Code Path:-** C:\Users\runersystem\AppData\Local\.mabs\siml-mibs-mrunner-m99-w88\workspace\projects\develop\mizen-scri1\tmp-cache\**Build command:** Executed from above path. res/windows/ninja.exe -C build -f...
  6. The system cannot find the path specified. os error 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system cannot find the path specified. os error 3: Windows 10 OS Build 19043.1348 Ninja version 1.10.0.git**Source Code Path:-** C:\Users\runersystem\AppData\Local\.mabs\siml-mibs-mrunner-m99-w88\workspace\projects\develop\mizen-scri1\tmp-cache\**Build command:** Executed from above path. res/windows/ninja.exe -C build -f...
  7. The system cannot find the path specified. os error 3

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. "The system cannot find path specified" Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "The system cannot find path specified" Error: Hi, After recent windows update I'm getting error "The system cannot find path specified" while trying installing CPUID software, such as HWMonitor and CPU-Z, also Sinutrain which I use for University classes stopped working because suddenly it cannot find FREE license on my...
  9. Cannot start Windows Search service

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot start Windows Search service: I noticed Windows Search indexing was stopped and tried to restart its service, but when I attempt to do it, I get this error message: Code: Windows Search Error 2:The system cannot find the file specified It's stuck at "Starting" and is set to Automatic (Delayed Start),...
  10. Cannot start search service / indexing in Windows 10, cannot find the path specified

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot start search service / indexing in Windows 10, cannot find the path specified: Cannot start indexing service in Windows 10 When manually starting it says: Cannot find the path specified Tried already many things like the troubleshooter , but none worked...