Windows 10: Cannot stop and start the Dhcp service.

Discus and support Cannot stop and start the Dhcp service. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, for something I'm working on I need to be able to stop and start the DHCP service. However, I am unable to do so because when I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sam_P24, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Sam_P24 Win User

Cannot stop and start the Dhcp service.

Hello, for something I'm working on I need to be able to stop and start the DHCP service. However, I am unable to do so because when I tried to attempt to stop the service I get "Access is denied" and "System error 5 has occurred". I do not believe the problem is because ofDHCP itself but instead because of the WinHttpAutoProxySvc service. It is one ofDHCPs dependencies so when I try to stop the DHCP service it attempts to stop WinHttpAutoProxySvcas well but fails which is why I am getting this error. In services.msc everything for WinHttpAutoProxySvc is greyed out so I am unable to stop the service. I also get errors when I attempt to stop WinHttpAutoProxySvc through command prompt. I even tried getting the PID of WinHttpAutoProxySvcand stopping its processes and that didn't stop the service either. I also double-checked to make sure that wasn't using any of the Windows proxy settings or anything that would utilize WinHttpAutoProxySvc. I was only able to stop it through Task Manager after two attempts to stop it. Even so, I get the same errors when trying to stop theDHCP service. Just to confirm, when stopping DHCP through services.msc it lingers while trying to stop the WinHttpAutoProxySvc service and then the error pops up. After some digging around I found a similar discussion regarding the WinHttpAutoProxySvc service here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-cant-be/74673a26-fd69-4d83-9ab8-5cb616b4dde5. I am wondering if even after two whole years this issue has not been fixed. If that is the case that would be very frustrating. Please correct me if I am wrong and WinHttpAutoProxySvc is meant to not be stopped. If so, how are you supposed to disable the DHCP service?

:)

Sam_P24, Aug 24, 2020
  2. xPROx33 Win User

DHCP services could not start

I’m having internet problems. I have an ethernet cable connected to my computer, however the internet icon has dissapered from my taskbar and I dont have internet at all. I think this has to do with the DHCP services. When I try to run the DHCP services
    I get an error.

”Windows could not start the DHCP services on Local computer”

”Erro 193: 0xc1”

xPROx33, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Aug 24, 2020
  4. Cannot stop and start the Dhcp service.

The DHCP service failed to see a directory server for authorization.

When our DHCP server remains down for Two days (60+ hours), it's service didn't start automatically. We have to restart service manually. Event ID 1046 error message is being shared for elaboration

The DHCP/BINL service on the local machine, belonging to the Windows Administrative domain abc.LOCAL, has determined that it is not authorized to start. It has stopped servicing clients. The following are some possible reasons for this:

This machine is part of a directory service enterprise and is not authorized in the same domain. (See help on the DHCP Service Management Tool for additional information).

This machine cannot reach its directory service enterprise and it has encountered another DHCP service on the network belonging to a directory service enterprise on which the local machine is not authorized.

Some unexpected network error occurred.

Muhammad Maqsood, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

Cannot stop and start the Dhcp service.

1. Cannot stop and start the Dhcp service. - Similar Threads - Cannot stop start

2. Cannot reach the DHCP server.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reach the DHCP server.: I have tried restarting the network adaptor, modem and PC. Other devices connects to my wifi except my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-reach-the-dhcp-server/fc7113ae-1299-4266-bef6-c15546f1032a
  3. Cannot reach the DHCP server.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot reach the DHCP server.: I have tried restarting the network adaptor, modem and PC. Other devices connects to my wifi except my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-reach-the-dhcp-server/fc7113ae-1299-4266-bef6-c15546f1032a
  4. cannot start bluetooth services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot start bluetooth services: i got this error and i cant use bluetooth can anyone please help me fix this i have tried to use sfc/scannow but it didnt workwhen i tried to run it got error code 162 and 1068...
  5. The Diagnostic Policy Service starts and then stops, cannot be started.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Diagnostic Policy Service starts and then stops, cannot be started.: The Diagnostic Policy Service DPS is set to automatic, but it won't run. It starts and immediately stops. When I try to start the service manually, I get the message that "The Diagnostic Policy Service service on Local Computer started and then stopped. The windows network...
  6. Service starts and then stops immediately.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service starts and then stops immediately.: Hi, I have a program that needs a service running to work. The service won't start automatically as it should and when I start it manually it starts and then stops immediately. Error message says some services stop when not being used. How do I overcome this. my program...
  7. Cannot start any services

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot start any services: Hi. Whenever I go to start a service or change anything to a service, all I get is a grayed out menu. See image belo[ATTACH]w https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-start-any-services/046f22a4-f181-4891-8ec0-a1051a5bbfad
  8. DHCP services could not start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DHCP services could not start: I’m having internet problems. I have an ethernet cable connected to my computer, however the internet icon has dissapered from my taskbar and I dont have internet at all. I think this has to do with the DHCP services. When I try to run the DHCP services I get an error....
  9. UPDATE SERVICE CANNOT BE STOPPED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UPDATE SERVICE CANNOT BE STOPPED: Why the update service cannot be stopped? I am tired of every time I turn my laptop on the update service slow down the internet speed and some programs crush. I used to stop the service and disable it before it started to run at full but now I can't do that anymore. I want...
  10. IISM and WAS services cannot start

in Windows 10 Support
    IISM and WAS services cannot start: Hi After a major W10 April update (1083) which went through 3-4 days ago, the w3svc service cannot start. Its because the WAS service cannot start, which upon start attempt gives error 2: the system cannot find the file specified In EV the errors are: The Windows Process...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cannot stop dhcp service