Windows 10: Cannot stop Mouse or Keyboard from waking laptop out of sleep

Discus and support Cannot stop Mouse or Keyboard from waking laptop out of sleep in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; O woe is me! I cannot get this ASUS Keyboard nor this beautiful Logitech MX Master2S mouse to stop waking up the laptop out of a nice long nap. It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rubert Mumps, May 26, 2022.

1. Cannot stop Mouse or Keyboard from waking laptop out of sleep

O woe is me! I cannot get this ASUS Keyboard nor this beautiful Logitech MX Master2S mouse to stop waking up the laptop out of a nice long nap. It's totally disturbing and bringing great anxiety. I have unchecked both the Mouse and Keyboard in Device Manager where it gives the option to stop these two from waking the system to no avail. I am so proud to say I am using Windows 11 which is lightmonths ahead of Windows 3.0 or any other OS but I do need assistance to stop the Mouse from waking up the computer. I do wish the Keyboard to awaken the machine.

:)

Rubert Mumps, May 26, 2022

2. Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• I'm having a very difficult time following the narrative in your last five (5) replies.
    I've tried to be as clear and concise as possible.

• Have you or have you not installed Avast Free?
    I hadn't uninstalled it, only deactivated it; but just now I did uninstall it, then re-booted the laptop, put it to sleep and tried to wake it using the mouse. No luck.

• You just posted: "Just now, I disconnected the mouse, keyboard and monitor; manually put it to sleep using the Start Menu icons (because the lid action is still set to do nothing); closed the lid; and when I opened the lid it woke up."
    • So the Notebook PC (laptop) "wakes up" now as long as the external devices (i.e., mouse; keyboard; monitor) are not connected to the ASUS device, is that correct?
    Mouse and keyboard connected or disconnected doesn't have any effect on what happens:

- Opening the lid wakes the laptop.

- If the lid is already open and I put the laptop to sleep, pressing the power button wakes up the laptop.

- Lid open or closed, if I put the laptop to sleep and try to wake it using the mouse or keyboard, nothing happens.

eljaycanuck, May 26, 2022
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.

When my computer goes to sleep, power light is blinking on the computer so perhaps it's deep sleep, moving the USB attached mouse does not wake it up.
    Allow mouse to wake is enabled:

Cannot stop Mouse or Keyboard from waking laptop out of sleep [​IMG]

This used to work, even with 2004 but somewhere with one of their updates it stopped working. I tried a new mouse, same problem. Any suggestions?

Yes, I've done many Google searches and looked at lots of responses but there really is nothing more than the above as far as a suggested fix.

I've uninstalled the mouse from Device Manager then rebooted, no help.

USB attached keyboard works okay and wakes the computer.

Ztruker, May 26, 2022
  4. Zozo17 Win User

Cannot stop Mouse or Keyboard from waking laptop out of sleep

Keyboard Not Recognized After Wake From Sleep

My Corsair K70 RGB keyboard is not recognized after waking my Windows 10 computer from sleep. The only way to get the keyboard working again is using any of the two options listed below:

1. disconnect and reconnect the keyboard to the two rear USB 2.0 ports
    2. shutdown the computer and turn on again (restart did not resolve the issue as it appears there is no power to the keyboard following a restart)

Also, pressing any key on the keyboard does not wake up the computer from sleep. It can only be woken using the mouse or by pressing the power button on the front of the computer. The BIOS is configured to allow USB ports to wake the computer.

This was never any issue before in the past as the keyboard would always be recognized after waking from sleep, and if not using either the mouse or power button to wake from sleep, any keyboard press would wake the computer.

I ran Windows update, ensured that the latest keyboard firmware and Corsair iCue software is installed, reset the power plan settings to default for the Balanced power profile, but the issue remains.

I also checked Device Manager for any USB Root Hub issues, but everything seems fine.

I have not made any changes on my own to the computer, this all just stopped working all of a sudden. Any help would be appreciated.

Zozo17, May 26, 2022
Thema:

Cannot stop Mouse or Keyboard from waking laptop out of sleep

1. Cannot stop Mouse or Keyboard from waking laptop out of sleep - Similar Threads - Cannot stop Mouse

2. Wireless mouse and keyboard not waking PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse and keyboard not waking PC from sleep: Hi, I am using a Logitech M720 mouse and MX keys keyboard, when PC goes to sleep, these will not wake it up from sleep. They will wake up my work laptop. I need to wake my home PC up using a second M310 logitech mouse. Once woken, the keyboard and mouse are useable. Running...
  3. Wireless mouse and keyboard not waking PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless mouse and keyboard not waking PC from sleep: Hi, I am using a Logitech M720 mouse and MX keys keyboard, when PC goes to sleep, these will not wake it up from sleep. They will wake up my work laptop. I need to wake my home PC up using a second M310 logitech mouse. Once woken, the keyboard and mouse are useable. Running...
  4. Cannot stop Mouse or Keyboard from waking laptop out of sleep

Cannot stop Mouse or Keyboard from waking laptop out of sleep: O woe is me! I cannot get this ASUS Keyboard nor this beautiful Logitech MX Master2S mouse to stop waking up the laptop out of a nice long nap. It's totally disturbing and bringing great anxiety. I have unchecked both the Mouse and Keyboard in Device Manager where it gives...
  5. Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.: As title. As of this time last week it worked, not sure exactly when it stopped working, but I do know it hasn't been working for the last 2-3 days now.All my settings are still the same as they were prior to it not working, keyboard and mouse are both set to "allow this...
  6. Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.: As title. As of this time last week it worked, not sure exactly when it stopped working, but I do know it hasn't been working for the last 2-3 days now.All my settings are still the same as they were prior to it not working, keyboard and mouse are both set to "allow this...
  7. Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.

8. Cannot wake from sleep using keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot wake from sleep using keyboard: I tried the things that were suggested in this thread but I still can't wake the PC using the keyboard. Win10 is the latest 20H2, mouse/keyboard connected using wired USB directly (no bluetooth or hub). The bios setting for power management is "OS" which greys out the bios...
  9. Cannot wake PC from sleep with keyboard/mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot wake PC from sleep with keyboard/mouse: OS: Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.836) I am unable to wake the PC from sleep with the keyboard or mouse. I took several steps and spoke at length with a microsoft tech who could not solve the problem. Here is the changes I made: -Under device manager i made sure...
  10. Keyboard & Mouse won't wake PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & Mouse won't wake PC from sleep: Up until recently, I have either put my laptop to sleep or let it go to sleep at the end of the day. The next morning I would hit either the mouse or keyboard (probably mostly the esc key just because it's sort of prominent at the corner). Some time recently, I haven't been...