Windows 10: cannot stop program trying to start after reboot

Discus and support cannot stop program trying to start after reboot in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried to install a game yesterday. It said the installation files are corrupt and to buy the game again *Banghead Now every time I reboot my system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Wobitancrawfodi, Feb 24, 2020.

1. cannot stop program trying to start after reboot

I tried to install a game yesterday. It said the installation files are corrupt and to buy the game again *Banghead

Now every time I reboot my system setup.exe fails every time, telling me the installation files are corrupt.

The restarting of apps after a reboot is something I've never been fond of, now it's driving me insane. I can't find how to stop this. The files don't even exist on my system anymore, and the installation DVD is not loaded, so I don't know where it's even getting this setup.exe from.

I've removed all references to the file from the registry (that I could find), and I've scanned my system for any of the files. Nothing exists.

Game was GTA V.

How do I stop this error?

:)

Wobitancrawfodi, Feb 24, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Start tiles lose their icons on reboot/restart

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community forums.

You may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Copy paste the script given below and save it as ‘RefreshMenuIcons.bat’ on the desktop.

@echo off

for /R “%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\” %%f in (*.lnk) do copy /b “%%f”+,, “%%f” 1>nul

for /R “%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\” %%f in (*.lnk) do copy /b “%%f”+,, “%%f” 1>nul

• Right click on the ‘RefreshMenuIcons.bat’ and run it as an administrator.
    • Wait for it to complete.
    • Reboot and check if it works.

Hope it helps,

Junaid_A, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 24, 2020
  4. cannot stop program trying to start after reboot

EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

cannot stop program trying to start after reboot

1. cannot stop program trying to start after reboot - Similar Threads - cannot stop program

2. Cannot access start up programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access start up programs: I recently reinstalled Windows on my C drive and got a new hard drive for the D drive, but I cannot view my start up applications, there's nothing in the start up folder either....
  3. Cannot access start up programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access start up programs: I recently reinstalled Windows on my C drive and got a new hard drive for the D drive, but I cannot view my start up applications, there's nothing in the start up folder either....
  4. Cannot access start up programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10- start button stops to function after a while. After reboot start menu is...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10- start button stops to function after a while. After reboot start menu is...: Dear all, Can somebody help on this? I have a new Lenovo laptop, with Win10, all updates. It functions perfect, except for this. I searched for solutions, but these solutions seem only to solve the permanent loss of function of the Start button. Here is the case: When I...
  6. Many programs stopped working after reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Many programs stopped working after reboot: After restarting my PC yesterday many of programs stopped working Powershell: [ATTACH] Internal Windows PowerShell error. Loading managed Windows PowerShell failed with error 80090017. Windows Update [ATTACH] 0x80004003 SFC /scannow [ATTACH] Windows Resource...
  7. pinned programs disappeared after rebooting

pinned programs disappeared after rebooting: After October update my programes that I pinned to the start menu have disappeared. I’ve noticed this issue after rebooting my device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinned-programs-disappeared-after-rebooting/f16c40f5-19d7-421a-8c11-151b6fae5fd2
  8. Start/stop a program in Task Scheduler

Start/stop a program in Task Scheduler: I want to launch a particular program after another program has loaded, and terminate that particular program after closing that other program. Any idea how this would work in Task Scheduler? Thank you....
  9. Programs are opening automatically after reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs are opening automatically after reboot: Since Fall Creators Update, Windows remembers which applications were open at the time of system shutdown, and launches them automatically at system startup. How can I disable this behavior? 97312
  10. Only starts after reboot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Only starts after reboot: Hi, After a complete and normal shutdown my PC start and hangs out with the Windows logo and round circles for ours. After doing a lot of reading and moving around, have detected that my systems starts perfectly ONLY when starts after a system reboot. This also happens...