Windows 10: Cannot surf the web!

Discus and support Cannot surf the web! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I approach you with a problem, I cannot surf the web (I've tried both chrome and edge) but I can use uTorrent to download files just fine. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by V45CH3, Apr 20, 2016.

1. V45CH3 Win User

Cannot surf the web!

Hello! I approach you with a problem, I cannot surf the web (I've tried both chrome and edge) but I can use uTorrent to download files just fine. I formatted my pc TWICE, disabled automatic updates completely (because I thought that maybe it was a problem from an update), communicated with my Internet service provider (which guided me through a series of steps to reset the router, checked the ip and dns addressed to be received automatically, and other tests and possible solutions), and still the problem persists. I've tried sufring on my smartphone and another PC with windows XP and it works fine, so the problem is with my pc. I don't know what else to do, sufring the web comes and goes, sometimes it works and the next two minutes it doesn't.. I need some advice please.. Thanks!

:)

V45CH3, Apr 20, 2016
  2. pall6.5 Win User

WiFi on htc Touch2

when i connect to a wifi network it shows connected , but if i surf the web it doesn't work i.e. cannot open a page. and if the gprs is available switches ovr to it . any fix?

pall6.5, Apr 20, 2016
  3. unable to access ovi store

Unfortunately, N79 is not an "Ovi phone". This means you cannot use Ovi store without problems. You had better uninstall it and surf Ovi store through your web browser.

phonehacker, Apr 20, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Cannot surf the web!

When Internet Explorer isn't working right a couple of things I always look at in Control Panel, Internet Options is the Connections tab, LAN Settings and assure only the very first item is checked about Automatically detect settings and the other on the Security tab is to set to Default level. All the ISPs in my area use DHCP which is the automatic thing instead of assigning static IP addresses.

Berton, Apr 20, 2016
  5. first question on your own Wi-Fi or your are on the cable like cad5 if you are on cable are you sure the cable is connected properly from the router to your pc

gijoetech1, Apr 20, 2016
  6. see if this works
    1. Right-Click start menu and select Device Manager
    2. Expand Network Adapters
    3. Right click properties
    4. Click Power Management
    5. Uncheck the box entitled "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."

gijoetech1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot surf the web!

1. Cannot surf the web! - Similar Threads - Cannot surf web

2. Not Connected message but PC is connected to internet and can surf the web

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Connected message but PC is connected to internet and can surf the web: My parents Windows 10 PC stopped having sound output or input devices. As I was trying to fix that issue through the troubleshooter it pulls up a "Looks like you aren't connected to the internet" window. So I checked my internet connection and it's on ethernet and the browser...
  3. Not Connected message but PC is connected to internet and can surf the web

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not Connected message but PC is connected to internet and can surf the web: My parents Windows 10 PC stopped having sound output or input devices. As I was trying to fix that issue through the troubleshooter it pulls up a "Looks like you aren't connected to the internet" window. So I checked my internet connection and it's on ethernet and the browser...
  4. Not Connected message but PC is connected to internet and can surf the web

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. kernel_data_inpage_error BSOD while gaming or just web surfing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    kernel_data_inpage_error BSOD while gaming or just web surfing: Good Afternoon I could use some help trouble shooting why my new Acer predator Helios 300 is blue screening or just randomly shutting down. It can be while i am gaming, temps are fine no obvious issues. Its happened while i am trying to post this with nothing running...
  6. Browser's extremely slow (Edge + Firefox) when surfing the web

in Browsers and Email
    Browser's extremely slow (Edge + Firefox) when surfing the web: browsing the web is "extremely" slow, I tried edge and firefox and both have this issue. However, on my other local user account it works just fine. My ISP is not the problem because as I mentioned, my other local user is just fine. I ran ccleaner and scanned for...
  7. BSOD after 20~30mins of surfing the web 0x0000001e

BSOD after 20~30mins of surfing the web 0x0000001e: So BSOD occurs after 20~30 mins from shutdown. I have reformatted my comp 3 days ago and several BSOD has occurred mostly pointing to the driver ntoskrnl.exe(use bluescreenview to see issue) but i have no idea what to do. Also, it says that my driver for Qualcomm Atheros...
  8. Randomized BSODs [Playing either Games, Surfing The Web, Or Sitting]

Randomized BSODs [Playing either Games, Surfing The Web, Or Sitting]: It has been a long trial and error methodology of trying to figure out what is the root cause but I can not do it alone. I'll give a bit of rough history. I decided to build a small form factor PC that can serve as not only a home media hub but one I can play games just as I...
  9. BSOD hal.dll+395cf during idle, youtube, or web surfing

BSOD hal.dll+395cf during idle, youtube, or web surfing: Hey all, I've been getting BSODs from hal.dll as well as ntoskrnl.exe in increasing frequency the past few days. I've attached the debug zip file and also taken a look at it, but can't seem to find the problem. Currently the only thing that has changed in the past two...
  10. BSODs, Crashes, and Freezes During Gaming and Surfing the Web

BSODs, Crashes, and Freezes During Gaming and Surfing the Web: I'm so tired. For the past two years or so I've just had BSODs at random intervals in my day. Whether I'm playing a video game with my friends or by myself, whether I'm watching YouTube videos, browsing the internet or hell, sometimes waiting for my computer to get to its...