Windows 10: Cannot switch from Windows 10 S mode on Surface Go after updating to Insider Preview Build...

Discus and support Cannot switch from Windows 10 S mode on Surface Go after updating to Insider Preview Build... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I updated the operating system yesterday and now have 'Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview in S mode', Build 18963. However, I cannot switch out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AntonioMenezes4, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Cannot switch from Windows 10 S mode on Surface Go after updating to Insider Preview Build...

Cannot switch from Windows 10 S mode on Surface Go after updating to Insider Preview Build... f9c7eaf4-7237-4a4d-848f-d263d732b399?upload=true.png

I updated the operating system yesterday and now have 'Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview in S mode', Build 18963. However, I cannot switch out of S mode. When i go to Microsoft Store to change from S mode I get the following message: Cannot switch from Windows 10 S mode on Surface Go after updating to Insider Preview Build... a345a6fb-47be-41b2-8265-8ed5270e3971?upload=true.png

I am just hoping someone can suggest a way around this problem.

:)

AntonioMenezes4, Aug 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build has never updated

I want to add this for anyone in the future that may come across this post.

I followed the advice of @Ramhound and the links he provided in the comments and created a new VM in Azure from the downloaded image of Build 14295, which was the closest available ISO build. I followed all the steps to connect my MS account to the VM for insider preivew. I changed my insider preview settings to Fast track. I even used my MS account to sign into the VM.

I checked the registry settings as suggested by this article and ensured everything there was correct. Even after all this, I still did not receive the 14316 build.

I diligently checked my machine multiple times per day. I manually checked for updates. I restarted the machine several times. I changed my settings to developer mode. Even after following all these steps, I still did not receive the build.

Finally! Today, after a week of waiting, I logged into the VM, and the build was there. I do not believe any of this extra work I did helped....but I did learn some stuff from this, so it was not a complete waste of time. I think I would have received the build if I would have just left my VM as it was and kept waiting.

tldr - From my experience, I think the best advice is to just be patient and wait. If you have waited a significant amount of time (2 weeks), then maybe look into the other solutions.

Alex Chance, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Insider Preview Install Failed

Hello Simpson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• Are you referring to Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267?
    • Which Intel drivers are you referring to?
    • Are you referring to Intel drivers deployed through Windows Updates?
    • Did you get any error message when they fail?

From your description, I suspect that the problem might be due to unsuccessful installation of preview build caused this issue. Suggest you to check installing the build again to see if the same thing happens again. If you don't see the
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267
    update, then please check it after sometime. Refer this link
    to learn more about Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267.

Give us above details to assist you better.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 18, 2019
  4. jsfitz54 Win User

Cannot switch from Windows 10 S mode on Surface Go after updating to Insider Preview Build...

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

@Drone : No link for 17134.5?

The April 2018 Update will be available as a free download beginning Monday, April 30.
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...-of-your-time-with-the-new-windows-10-update/

According to this link and whether or not these have been Insider Preview Builds as @FordGT90Concept contends, I found this link: https://www.askvg.com/windows-10-redstone4-rs4-changelog/

Windows 10 Build 10.0.17134 Changelog:​Build 17134 was the 23rd Insider Preview build of Windows 10 released after Fall Creators Update. It was released on April 16, 2018. This new build arrived via new "RS4" (RedStone4) development branch.
    • Bug fixes and general improvements

jsfitz54, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Cannot switch from Windows 10 S mode on Surface Go after updating to Insider Preview Build...

1. Cannot switch from Windows 10 S mode on Surface Go after updating to Insider Preview Build... - Similar Threads - Cannot switch mode

2. How to Switch from Insider Preview to Stable Build of Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Switch from Insider Preview to Stable Build of Windows 11: [ATTACH]Every version of the Windows Insider Program intends to offer developers and users a chance to get early access to upcoming features and improvements in Windows OS. But such unfinished versions may contain bugs or incomplete features that can impact the user...
  3. switching from S mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    switching from S mode: I Installed a trial Parallels Desktop v17 . I joined the Windows Preview program and downloaded Windows 10 insider for ARM and installed it. This runs in S mode but I need it to run in non S mode. However when I go to deactivate S mode, Microsoft tells me I don't have a valid...
  4. Can i switch from Windows 10 S mode to Windows 10 Pro in Surface Go ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can i switch from Windows 10 S mode to Windows 10 Pro in Surface Go ?: I am willing to purchase Surface Go but i have a doubt if i can switch from Win10 S mode to Win10 Pro. Is it possible? I need Windows 10 Pro because of the nature of my work. Please guide...
  5. Cannot switch out of Windows 10 s mode

Cannot switch out of Windows 10 s mode: Just got a windows surface laptop refurbished. Has Windows 10s . Have tried all the options to switch out and still no luck. Microsoft store lets me push the GET button but nothing happens. Trying anything around the command prompt is blocked because of S mode....
  6. i cannot switched out from window 10 s mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    i cannot switched out from window 10 s mode: please help me to get out of window 10 s mode . It does allow me to use other important apps and softwares. and when I go to Microsoft store and click to GET then it wont get downloaded on my pc.please find some solution .look at this image and decide what to do and comment...
  7. Windows 10 Surface - trouble switching out of S mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Surface - trouble switching out of S mode: I'm going to preface this post by saying I am in no way good at anything tech and am completely lost. I am an avid Mac user for most of my computer needs, however I recently obtained a Microsoft Windows 10 Surface that was handed down to me. I'm fairly certain it is the very...
  8. Switching Surface Devices from S-Mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Switching Surface Devices from S-Mode: I am having trouble switching Surface devices belonging to several of my students out of S-Mode. My school requires the installation of security software so they need to make the switch. When I try to switch them, the option to do so is greyed out and it says to see the...
  9. Switching Surface Devices from S-Mode

Switching Surface Devices from S-Mode: I am having trouble switching Surface devices belonging to several of my students out of S-Mode. My school requires the installation of security software so they need to make the switch. When I try to switch them, the option to do so is greyed out and it says to see the...
  10. Surface Go stuck in S mode

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Go stuck in S mode: Hi everyone, I recently bought a Surface Go on amazon. I tried installing apps but it's stuck in S mode. When I try to activate its giving me an error. I don't get why it's telling me that I Can't connect to the organisation's activation server since the edition is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface stuck in s mode insider preview

2. insider preview switches surface go back to s mode