Windows 10: Cannot switch on Firewall

Discus and support Cannot switch on Firewall in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there I am going around in circles trying to fix this. I am unable to access things like my photos, which I need for work. When trying to 'use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ebsti, Apr 23, 2019.

1. ebsti Win User

Cannot switch on Firewall

Hi there

I am going around in circles trying to fix this. I am unable to access things like my photos, which I need for work. When trying to 'use recommended settings' (my only choice), I get the following error message:

windows defender firewall can't change some of your settings error code 0x8007045b

I hope someone can help.

:)

ebsti, Apr 23, 2019

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Apr 23, 2019
  3. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Apr 23, 2019
  4. Cannot switch on Firewall

firewall

Hi Jackie,

For you to be able to get to your firewall, please follow the steps below:

• Go to start Button.
    • Open Windows defender Security Center.
    • Then go to Firewall & network protection.
    • Then choose a network profile.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

Cannot switch on Firewall

1. Cannot switch on Firewall - Similar Threads - Cannot switch Firewall

2. Cannot Start Windows Firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Start Windows Firewall: Hi!So my computer has been going through a lot this past week and I will include a TL;DR somewhere around this post, but keep reading if you want because I'll try to explain my situation as clearly as possible because I think windows could use the info I'm about to give and I...
  3. Cannot switch accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot switch accounts: Hi, I deleted one of my old Microsoft accounts and it is still showing up on my computer. Microsoft family features is spamming me with notifications to sign in so I don't "miss out". I added my new account to Email and Accounts and it is not giving me an option to remove my...
  4. Windows firewall cannot be set as the default firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows firewall cannot be set as the default firewall: Hi.Problem description:- I has some problem with Defender firewall and when I'm trying to run troubleshooter from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/automatically-diagnose-and-fix-problems-with-windows-firewall-513e9cf8-19ae-d579-2092-d5e64fe06f5fI receive the...
  5. Windows firewall is off, cannot get in on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows firewall is off, cannot get in on: I am getting a notification telling me the Windows firewall is off. Nothing I do will restore the default setting. Thanks for any help you can give[ATTACH]...
  6. switch from McAfee firewall back to windows 10 firewall & defender

switch from McAfee firewall back to windows 10 firewall & defender: My new computer came with a 30 day trial version of McAfee. I do not wish to use it and want to turn windows firewall and defender back on. I can turn off McAfee firewall, but I can't seem to find how to turn defender and firewall on. McAfee seems to be blocking every...
  7. Cannot switch sign in

Cannot switch sign in: My computer only shows user sign an can't switch to owner sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-switch-sign-in/60909845-3518-4cf1-969c-46bfd835ee8a"
  8. Cannot Turn on Windows Defender Firewall

Cannot Turn on Windows Defender Firewall: Happy New Year, Re: Windows Defender Firewall, Windows 10, Dell Desktop This evening I noticed the Windows Defender icon had a red X. I tried to open the Security Dashboard but nothing happened. I then opened Windows Security but it was completely blank. Firewall &...
  9. cannot access Internet when the firewall is on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot access Internet when the firewall is on: When the firewall is on I cannot get access to the Internet. I received a message that “internet connection is blocked”. It started after update to the current Windows version (1809 Build 17763.292). What can I do to allow the Internet when the firewall is on?...
  10. Cannot switch users

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot switch users: Hi There: So on a 10 month old HP laptop, with Win 10 Home ver 1803 (build 17134.407) in the last couple of weeks a problem has presented itself where we cannot switch users. There are three user accounts - Mine, Wife, and Admin. All accounts are valid and passwords work...