Windows 10: Cannot Switch out of S Mode no Matter what I do

Discus and support Cannot Switch out of S Mode no Matter what I do in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello all, Recently I got a new computer and for the last two days all I've been trying to do is switch out of s mode. I just want my computer to be... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Isaiah Strong, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Cannot Switch out of S Mode no Matter what I do

Hello all,

Recently I got a new computer and for the last two days all I've been trying to do is switch out of s mode. I just want my computer to be able to do what I want and download what I want but I am absolutely stuck in s mode. I'm really starting to think I have a faulty computer because I've read everyone's advice and I promise you I've done the steps, yet when I go into Settings and try to go to store, I just get a message saying, "Try that again. Something happened on our end. Not only that, but when I try to go into the Microsoft Store itself and do the same thing, I get a worse message saying, "The thing you're looking for isn't here." How does it just not exist when there is an icon that pops up in the search bar saying, "Switch out of S Mode?"

I almost feel as if I'm being scammed here. I've reached out to the virtual help desk, and Microsoft Support has not given me anything. In fact, I've had two separate people who eventually gave up after a while because they were out of options and couldn't help me. Like they simply just stopped messaging me lol. I'm about to return the computer to the store, because this is simply ridiculous. I don't think the issue can be fixed on my end, and I believe nobody can help, but I will take any feedback from anyone. Just know that if you're sharing it, I've probably done it and it didn't work. Please, Microsoft, I'm losing my mind over here.

Isaiah

:)

Isaiah Strong, Sep 18, 2020

2. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Switching out of S Mode

I am having trouble switching my laptop out of S Mode. I went through the steps that are listed, and the Windows Store is updated and it won't let me click Get when you go to the screen to switch out of S mode.

ChelseaSmith3, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Cannot Switch out of S Mode no Matter what I do

Unable to switch out of Windows 10S mode.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulty you are facing. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. May I know the model number of the system?
    2. Could you please provide the screenshot of the page where you are not able see Get button by referring to

How to include a screenshot in your post
      ?

We would suggest you to refer
    Switching out of S mode in Windows 10
    and
    Fix problems switching Windows modes in Microsoft Store
    and try performing troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article and check if it resolves the issue.

Regards,

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Switch out of S Mode no Matter what I do

1. Cannot Switch out of S Mode no Matter what I do - Similar Threads - Cannot Switch Mode

2. I cannot switch out of Windows 11 S Mode no matter what I do, PLEASE help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot switch out of Windows 11 S Mode no matter what I do, PLEASE help: I just bought this HP15.6” touchscreen and it’s in Windows 11. First thing I did was try to install chrome but it said I couldn’t and to install non-microsoft verified apps I needed to switch out of S mode. So i followed the steps to do that settings, system, activation, S...
  3. I cannot switch out of Windows 11 S Mode no matter what I do, PLEASE help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot switch out of Windows 11 S Mode no matter what I do, PLEASE help: I just bought this HP15.6” touchscreen and it’s in Windows 11. First thing I did was try to install chrome but it said I couldn’t and to install non-microsoft verified apps I needed to switch out of S mode. So i followed the steps to do that settings, system, activation, S...
  4. Cannot switch out of s mode!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot switch out of s mode!!!!: I CANNOT for the life of me switch out of s mode. I have tried everything that I have found online. I have repaired and reset the microsoft store multiple times. I can click the get button in the app store, but it does nothing!! Switching out of s mode should not be this...
  5. I cannot switch out of S mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot switch out of S mode: I switched out of S mode before and it came to a time where I had to update my BIOS! Once the update finished, I was back in S mode with some of the apps appearing such as Chrome, or an antivirus. When I tried switching out, It just kept saying 'Working on it' for a long...
  6. I cannot switch out of S mode.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot switch out of S mode.: I am trying to switch out of S mode but cannot. I keep getting the message, "working on it" but nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-switch-out-of-s-mode/afd501a1-04f4-46fa-b080-4340a1cb49b4
  7. I cannot switch out of S mode.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot switch out of S mode.: I am unable to switch out of S mode and have followed the directions but will not give me the option to turn it off.screenshot below [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-switch-out-of-s-mode/04dba2a1-b39a-44e4-9411-bc77facc95c9
  8. No matter what I do, I can not get out of S mode!

in Windows 10 Customization
    No matter what I do, I can not get out of S mode!: I have been trying to get out of s mode for a while now. I have tried almost everything and still have not been able to. The app store doesn't let me and the "get" is always faded gray and I can't click on it. I have tried updating and restarting the app store. I have tried...
  9. I cannot switch out of S Mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot switch out of S Mode: Error prompt says that "Something has happened and we couldn't start the upgrade". I understand that this has asked many times but none of the solutions suggested works is this due to another server side issue?...
  10. I cannot switch out of s mode

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I cannot switch out of s mode: I can't switch out of s mode. At the Microsoft store, after clicking install, I get the message "Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade." My system is up to date. My system is a Lenovo Ideapad....