Windows 10: Cannot switch to 'Sign in with Microsoft Account'

Discus and support Cannot switch to 'Sign in with Microsoft Account' in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I sign on with a local account and trying to switch to use a MS Account. Going to Settings -> Accounts and choose 'Sign in with Microsoft Account'.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MikeJackura, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Cannot switch to 'Sign in with Microsoft Account'

I sign on with a local account and trying to switch to use a MS Account. Going to Settings -> Accounts and choose 'Sign in with Microsoft Account'.

Using a Office365 account, I enter but it comes back with no account. I am able to sign on using portal.office.com. Any ideas?

Mike

:)

MikeJackura, Oct 21, 2019
  2. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Cannot switch to 'Sign in with Microsoft Account' :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Switch laptop sign in from MS account to Local Account questions

Hi, Ive just switched from signing in to my laptop with a Microsoft Account to signing in with a Local Account instead. My laptop was always listed as a Device on the opening screen along with a map showing its location when I looked in my Microsoft Account. Under Devices I could also view my laptop along with other bits of various information about the device and its location was always shown on a map there too. After signing into my laptop with my Local Account ..If I sign in separately to my Microsoft Account afterwards Ive just noticed that having switched to a Local Account my laptop isnt shown on the opening Microsoft Account screen anymore and its not listed in devices either. Is this normal behaviour? I was expecting to still find my laptop listed in Devices. Also...Under Update and Security/Activation..it used to say Digital Licence linked to a Microsoft Account. Now it just says Windows is Activated with a digital licence. Is all this normal behaviour if you sign into a laptop with a Local Account instead of a Microsoft Account?

sportsfan148, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Cannot switch to 'Sign in with Microsoft Account'

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Cannot switch to 'Sign in with Microsoft Account'

1. Cannot switch to 'Sign in with Microsoft Account' - Similar Threads - Cannot switch 'Sign

2. Cannot sign in Microsoft account on Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot sign in Microsoft account on Windows 10: Hi everyone, I tried to sign in Microsoft account instead of local account but It always show this message: How can i fix it? Thank you. [ATTACH]...
  3. Switching Microsoft Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switching Microsoft Accounts: My daughter got her new HP Stream today and I remembered not to attach it to the WiFi network prior to setting up her local account. All that went well... But then I went to switch it out of "S Mode", which meant signing into the Microsoft store. The only account I knew was...
  4. Switching Microsoft Accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Switching Microsoft Accounts: My daughter got her new HP Stream today and I remembered not to attach it to the WiFi network prior to setting up her local account. All that went well... But then I went to switch it out of "S Mode", which meant signing into the Microsoft store. The only account I knew was...
  5. Can't Sign Into Microsoft Account On Minecraft Switch Version

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't Sign Into Microsoft Account On Minecraft Switch Version: I just bought this game a few hours ago and have never played it. I popped it in my switch, it's connected to the internet, and every time I enter the code and try to sign into my account it gives me an error. What can I do to fix this? I got this just to play realms with...
  6. Signed in with a local account, unable to switch to Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Signed in with a local account, unable to switch to Microsoft account: I switched my account to a local account and that seemed to mess up my Outlook app. I clicked Fix account, nothing happens. I try to sign in with Microsoft account in settings, a screen comes up and disappears immediately....
  7. Cannot sign in microsoft account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot sign in microsoft account: I cannot sign in my Microsoft account from any app. The login window was empty and closed before anything showed up. The error code I got was 0x0000042b, which basically means that the program was aborted unexpectedly. Any idea on how should I solve this problem? Edit: sfc...
  8. Cannot sign into microsoft account on pc. Cannot use microsoft apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot sign into microsoft account on pc. Cannot use microsoft apps: Recently I am unable to sign in to my pc microsoft account. Microsoft apps crash and Office applications do not open - licencing problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-sign-into-microsoft-account-on-pc-cannot/8a27e4cd-25d6-427c-bdc7-5568becf02c2
  9. No WiFi and cannot sign into microsoft account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No WiFi and cannot sign into microsoft account: Hi, After one of the Windows 10 updates in my Asus laptop the Wifi stopped working. And though the ehternet is working fine and I am able to browse and send/receive mails using outlook the network adaptor status says "Disconnected" (under Network Status -> View Network...
  10. Cannot switch to local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot switch to local account: Hello, I am trying to unlink my other microsoft account from my computer but I cannot find "Switch to a local account". I am very confused because in some forums people say there is a button saying "Switch to a local account" but I cannot find it, is this a glitch or can an...