Windows 10: Cannot switch users in window 10 Home

Discus and support Cannot switch users in window 10 Home in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am unable to login to a second new user account I added to my computer. There is no option to login to the new account on the startup screen or from... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SarikaGupta2, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Cannot switch users in window 10 Home

I am unable to login to a second new user account I added to my computer. There is no option to login to the new account on the startup screen or from within the main account that I use. I tried to do it by enabling an "other users" page but I get "user profile service failed the sign in" error.

:)

SarikaGupta2, Mar 3, 2021

2. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Can't sign out or switch users in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

If you are willing to switch between user try the steps provided below and see if it helps.

• Press Alt+F4.
    • This will open shut down window.
    • Click the down arrow key and select Switch user from the list.
    • Hit OK and it will show you other user account present on the PC.

Cannot switch users in window 10 Home choose-switch-user-and-tap-ok.png

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Cannot switch users in window 10 Home

How can I switch users in Windows 10?

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern and will assist you with the steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Del key altogether.
    • Click on Switch User.
    • Select the user with which you want to login.
    Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Cannot switch users in window 10 Home

1. Cannot switch users in window 10 Home - Similar Threads - Cannot switch users

2. In Windows 11 , Cannot switch user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 11 , Cannot switch user: I cannot switch user account after login win 11Already craete add the key in register or create a local account. But issue cannot be fixed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-11-cannot-switch-user/8b19d30c-48ff-47b4-b3f0-6165754a568a
  3. In Windows 11 , Cannot switch user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Windows 11 , Cannot switch user: I cannot switch user account after login win 11Already craete add the key in register or create a local account. But issue cannot be fixed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-11-cannot-switch-user/8b19d30c-48ff-47b4-b3f0-6165754a568a
  4. Can't Switch Users in Windows 10 Home

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't Switch Users in Windows 10 Home: I suddenly am not able to switch to another user account on our Windows 10 Home PC. I have 3 user accounts set up which our family switches between, but a couple of days ago it suddenly only shows one of them on the Log In screen. I'm unable to switch user accounts from the...
  5. Can't Switch Users in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Switch Users in Windows 10 Home: I suddenly am not able to switch to another user account on our Windows 10 Home PC. I have 3 user accounts set up which our family switches between, but a couple of days ago it suddenly only shows one of them on the Log In screen. I'm unable to switch user accounts from the...
  6. Can't Switch Users in Windows 10 Home

7. i cannot switch user in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cannot switch user in windows: i cannot switch user in windows, i can see my users but when click on sgin in, nothing happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-switch-user-in-windows/d2db7d1d-c807-44eb-bd90-a09b1a6550bf
  8. i cannot switch user in windows

i cannot switch user in windows: i cannot switch user in windows, i can see my users but when click on sgin in, nothing happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-switch-user-in-windows/d2db7d1d-c807-44eb-bd90-a09b1a6550bf
  9. Can't switch Users in Windows 10 Home

Can't switch Users in Windows 10 Home: I've been having consistent issues with trying to switch users in windows 10 home edition. I have two users on my laptop, and if I'm signed into one, the other shows up in the settings app under accounts and in file explorer, but it never shows up in the burger menu in the...
  10. Cannot switch users

Cannot switch users: Hi There: So on a 10 month old HP laptop, with Win 10 Home ver 1803 (build 17134.407) in the last couple of weeks a problem has presented itself where we cannot switch users. There are three user accounts - Mine, Wife, and Admin. All accounts are valid and passwords work...