Windows 10: Cannot sync Google contacts with People app

Discus and support Cannot sync Google contacts with People app in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to sync Google Contacts in Windows but none of the contacts are appearing. I have tried removing the google account and re entering it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pablo239, Aug 3, 2020.

1. pablo239 Win User

Cannot sync Google contacts with People app

I'm trying to sync Google Contacts in Windows but none of the contacts are appearing. I have tried removing the google account and re entering it, making sure contacts is enabled in sync options. I have Checked my Firewall Settings are not interfering with the People also. I checked the Windows privacy settings and made sure People was allowed. I have the same issue in Calendar too. But it works when i try to sync a Microsoft account.

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 2004

:)

pablo239, Aug 3, 2020

2. People app not syncing google contacts

I have the release Windows 10. I have successfully linked my google account, and mail and calendar seem to work fine. But not the people (contacts) app. The account is listed in People, I can tell it to sync, get no error message, but no contacts arrive. Am I missing something?

JoeInMexico, Aug 3, 2020
  3. marwerno Win User
    People app not syncing google contacts

I had a very similar issue, in such that only few contacts synced. What I found was, that MS does ONLY sync the contact which are labeled "My contacts" all others in the Google Contacts Manager are ignored!
    Highly annoying that one...but solvable
    Simply go into Google contacts and assign back all the contact you have to the "My contacts" group and all will be well (hopefully *Smile

marwerno, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Fabulous5 Win User

Cannot sync Google contacts with People in Windows 10

I am new to Windows and have a very basic question. I am wanting to sync my Google contacts with People, but no matter what I've tried I've had no luck. Everything seems to be set up correctly, I'm not getting any error messages. They just won't sync.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Fabulous5, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot sync Google contacts with People app - Similar Threads - Cannot sync Google

2. Fetching Google Contacts Into People App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fetching Google Contacts Into People App: I've added my outlook email account to mail.How do I get the app to fetch the contacts listed in the outlook online account?James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fetching-google-contacts-into-people-app/69a60ce3-90f4-4643-9556-d563a4d0e36d
  3. Fetching Google Contacts Into People App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fetching Google Contacts Into People App: I've added my outlook email account to mail.How do I get the app to fetch the contacts listed in the outlook online account?James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fetching-google-contacts-into-people-app/69a60ce3-90f4-4643-9556-d563a4d0e36d
  4. Importing Google Contacts into People App

Importing Google Contacts into People App: How do I import my Google contacts into People without having to add the Google account.Can I import a csv into people??James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-google-contacts-into-people-app/e7da5b0d-7e44-4c48-9135-6f8c2dba2e29
  5. Cannot sync Google contacts with People app

Cannot sync Google contacts with People app: I'm trying to sync Google Contacts in Windows but none of the contacts are appearing. I have tried removing the google account and re entering it, making sure contacts is enabled in sync options. I have Checked my Firewall Settings are not interfering with the People also. I...
  6. Google Contacts wont sync with People app

Google Contacts wont sync with People app: I'm trying to sync Google Contacts in Windows but none of the contacts are appearing. I Click on People icon to see the syncing Status and it stays like that for Many hours with no contacts populating the People app. How long does syncing take from scratch? I have tried...
  7. People App Wont Sync Contacts

People App Wont Sync Contacts: The People App wont sync contacts. When I go into the Settings of the People App, in each of my 3 accounts it only has Mail and Calendar as syncing. I then go to the sync options of that particular account and yes, contacts is on. So what is going on? I cant figure this out...
  8. Contacts online not syncing in to people app.

Contacts online not syncing in to people app.: On behalf of an end user, I configured the Windows 10 mail app (because the far superior Windows Live Mail app has been retired by Microsoft). I exported his Windows Live Mail in to a CSV. I created a Microsoft account using his existing email address *** Email address is...
  9. Cannot sync Google contacts with People in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot sync Google contacts with People in Windows 10: I am new to Windows and have a very basic question. I am wanting to sync my Google contacts with People, but no matter what I've tried I've had no luck. Everything seems to be set up correctly, I'm not getting any error messages. They just won't sync. Any suggestions?...
  10. People app not syncing google contacts

People app not syncing google contacts: I have the release Windows 10. I have successfully linked my google account, and mail and calendar seem to work fine. But not the people (contacts) app. The account is listed in People, I can tell it to sync, get no error message, but no contacts arrive. Am I missing...