Windows 10: Cannot sync OneNote because of Windows Hello

Discus and support Cannot sync OneNote because of Windows Hello in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I can't sync my private account of OneNote with changes done on my work PC. OneNote asks for the PIN of Windows Hello but I do not have one. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Yvan Maciel, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Cannot sync OneNote because of Windows Hello

Hi,
    I can't sync my private account of OneNote with changes done on my work PC. OneNote asks for the PIN of Windows Hello but I do not have one. I'm instructed to set-up my private account with Windows Hello, but this option is not activated on my work PC by my organization. I have tried to see if I can set Wondows Hello in my web login of my private account, but it does not seem to be possible.

To work around the problem, I have tried to sync OneNote with my work account, but it says that this type of account cannot be used for this particular service.

So, how can I log-in to my private Office 365 account in OneNote so it can sync without needing Windows Hello and the requested PIN?

Or how can I set the PIN outside my only PC, which is a work PC that does not allow it?

<The thread has been moved to the correct category by forum moderator>

:)

Yvan Maciel, Jun 11, 2020

2. OneNote "Sync Conflicts"

Hi Tom,

Sync conflicts error shown in OneNote can be resolved by using OneNote desktop client. To stop seeing this error, can you follow the below steps:

1. Open the page which is having conflicts in OneNote desktop client or in Internet explorer
    2. Open the page in which this error is shown
    3. On the top of the page there will be a text bar shown. Pressing on the text bar will show conflicting pages for this page.
    4. Delete the conflicting page by selecting the page and right clicking on it.
    5. Sync the changes from desktop to server
    6. After the above steps, open the page in Mobile and tap on "refresh" to get the changes made on the server.
    After step 6 is done, sync conflicting error message should be stopped from prompting.

Hope this helps!

J. Hari Krishna Reddy, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Regile Reb, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Cannot sync OneNote because of Windows Hello

OneNote log-in without Hello

Hi FinnRasmussen2,

Windows Hello Pin is not a setting in OneNote but a setting in Windows 10: control panel>Account>sign in options. You can add, change or remove it here. For more information:
    Sign in to your Microsoft account with Windows Hello or a security
    key
    Learn about Windows Hello and set it up

If suggestions above don’t solve the issue, for further troubleshooting, could you please share us with information below?

1. Which OneNote do you use? OneNote 2016 or OneNote for Win 10?
    2. Could you please share us with a screenshot of the pop-up?

Regards,

Clark

Clark Cui MSFT, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Cannot sync OneNote because of Windows Hello

1. Cannot sync OneNote because of Windows Hello - Similar Threads - Cannot sync OneNote

2. Can't sign into my account to sync OneNote because of an unexplained error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign into my account to sync OneNote because of an unexplained error?: I use OneNote regularly, but a couple of days ago it stopped syncing and started to only save offline, stating "sign-in required". However, whenever I try to sign in, it simply bounces back an error with the incredibly nondescriptive message "Something went wrong" and the...
  3. Can't sign into my account to sync OneNote because of an unexplained error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign into my account to sync OneNote because of an unexplained error?: I use OneNote regularly, but a couple of days ago it stopped syncing and started to only save offline, stating "sign-in required". However, whenever I try to sign in, it simply bounces back an error with the incredibly nondescriptive message "Something went wrong" and the...
  4. OneNote Sync Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneNote Sync Issue: Hello, I have five newer OneNote notebooks what use OneDrive to sync them on several devices desktop, laptop, Surface, Samsung tablet, Pixel 3a. I see five "shortcuts" similar to ones you'd create in Windows in the OneDrive Documents directory, one for each of the notebooks....
  5. syncing onenote

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    syncing onenote: Error code 0x80070005 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-onenote/b8e968ad-bf9f-4a32-8563-d08ab5108a57
  6. OneNote Syncing Message

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote Syncing Message: Hello, I keep getting this message when I open OneNote: "To sync this notebook sign into OneNote." I checked everything and I am signed in to OneNote, my MS account, and OneDrive. Everything seems to be syncing just fine. Does anyone know why I keep getting this message and...
  7. onenote sync problems

onenote sync problems: I have a sync problem with onenote. I have a section called diary which is password protected. There are about forty pages in the diary and eleven of them are now starting to report "Content not available. Sorry, it looks as if this page was added from another computer and...
  8. onenote syncing error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    onenote syncing error: hi my onenote says its not syncing and keeps saying its saved offline but i am online using wifi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onenote-syncing-error/b0885bbd-db9c-465a-8da5-5bc58a4bc6be
  9. Avoid Windows Hello for OneNote

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Avoid Windows Hello for OneNote: I can't sync my private OneNote with changes done on my work PC. I'm instructed to set-up my private account with Windows Hello, but this is not activated on my work PC. Anyway, I'm asked to enter a PIN that I don't have, and I can't reset it. So, how can I log-in to my...
  10. onenote sync problems

onenote sync problems: I'm connected to the wifi but every time I want to sync one of my notebooks it says are you signed in which I am continuing on it says 'You will need the Internet for this.' Help me Please. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]the Internet for this'...