Windows 10: Cannot System Restore/Password not working

Discus and support Cannot System Restore/Password not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Recently I have been dealing with a blue screen error and I have researched it and found out it can only be fixed through troubleshooting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BenShapley, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Cannot System Restore/Password not working

Cannot System Restore/Password not working cbb26b3b-412a-41ad-8200-1fecc830334a?upload=true.jpg Recently I have been dealing with a blue screen error and I have researched it and found out it can only be fixed through troubleshooting otherwise the PC is stuck in a restart loop.

To do a restore or anything else I need to sign in and i have reset my outlook password multiple times and been able to sign in on phone but it keeps rejecting it here even though it is 100% right and tested.

What can I do?

:)

BenShapley, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Bastet Win User

System Image Restore Is Not Recognizing My Password

Although I do have 2-step verification I don't think it was the problem as I have been able to do a system restore in the past with it enabled. I also tried logging into my account on the pc with the password & that failed too. I was certainly careful in entering the password. After changing the password all was fine so I don't know whether something got messed up with the original password change or what else may have caused it.

Bastet, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    System Restore does not work

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive an error, ‘0x8007045b’ when trying to do a System Restore. I’ll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

System Restore may fail with error code 0x8007045b if there is encrypted content in the restore point
    and see if that helps.

Note: The above mentioned article is for Windows 8/8.1, however, holds good for Windows 10.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 15, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

Cannot System Restore/Password not working

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Cannot System Restore/Password not working

1. Cannot System Restore/Password not working - Similar Threads - Cannot System Restore

2. Password with system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password with system restore: I’m trying to use the restore point and everytime I click on the button, it asks which account I’m gonna use, and then the passsword. I first thought it was computer password. But it isn’t. Then I tried my Microsoft account, then Google. But I can’t seem to log in. It’s not...
  3. Password with system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password with system restore: I’m trying to use the restore point and everytime I click on the button, it asks which account I’m gonna use, and then the passsword. I first thought it was computer password. But it isn’t. Then I tried my Microsoft account, then Google. But I can’t seem to log in. It’s not...
  4. Password with system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System Restore and Outlook Password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Restore and Outlook Password: My Windows 10 computer crashed. I am able to get to System Restore but I am prompted to use my Outlook Password. I do so and am told that the password is incorrect. I have signed off and then on in Outlook with another computer successfully. So the password I am using is...
  6. password incorrect in system restore

password incorrect in system restore: my pc started crashing with, 'Your PC Ran Into an issue'the blue screen once in the morning and as time went by, it started crashing more often and by evening it crashed in some seconds after I started it. so I went to restore point and restored my pc 5 days before, which had...
  7. System Restore Password Issue

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore Password Issue: Hi Folks, I wonder if someone could shed some light on a System Restore problem I am having, when I try to a restore it goes to my username and asks for a password, I have tried putting in my MS account password and my Windows logon pin but get know joy. I have never setup a...
  8. When your correct Password will not work for System Restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When your correct Password will not work for System Restore: Many people have said their correct password will not working for system restore. I have found this will work. Start your PC and DO NOT LOGIN with your PIN!!!! only Login with your PASSWORD... Then restart the computer with holding the SHIFT key and it will load into...
  9. System Restore Password

System Restore Password: I bought this laptop thru eBay. The seller got the password from the previous owner & gave it to me. I'm trying to do a system restore back to a previous point and it's asking for a password. I'm using this password he gave me & it says wrong password. What do I do now?...
  10. System Restore Will Not Accept Password

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore Will Not Accept Password: This one has me puzzled and any help will be appreciated. The problem is System Restore does not recognize my Windows password. When I try a System Restore and enter my password, the message says the password is incorrect. It's the same password that I use successfully to...