Windows 10: Cannot take windows 11 out of S Mode

Discus and support Cannot take windows 11 out of S Mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently bought a new windows laptop. It came installed with windows 11 home in S Mode. I have tried all steps to take it out of S Mode. When I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Brad Harris1, May 26, 2024.

1. Cannot take windows 11 out of S Mode

I recently bought a new windows laptop. It came installed with windows 11 home in S Mode. I have tried all steps to take it out of S Mode. When I click on “Get” from the windows store it just tells me that something went wrong. The “Get” button then changes to “Retry”, however when you click it, nothing ever happens. I have tried resetting the windows store app. I even factory restored the machine and signed back in with no success. There has to be some kind of fix for this. This machine is useless to me running S Mode.

:)

Brad Harris1, May 26, 2024
  2. HHFY Win User

In Windows 11 power-saving mode, clicking the Windows Focus prompt on the lock screen will cause a system crash.

Problem description: As the title suggests.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Enter Windows 11 power-saving mode.
    2. Click the Windows Focus prompt on the lock screen.
    Expected result: The login screen should appear and after logging in, the browser should automatically open to view content.

Actual result: The system crashes.

Device information:

• Windows 11 version: 22H2 (22621.1413)
    • Device: Lenovo Xiaoxin 14 Pro 2021
    • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H
    Other information:

• When plugged in, the system automatically turns off power-saving mode and cannot be turned on manually. The function works normally.
    • When unplugged, turn off power-saving mode and the function works normally.
    • When unplugged, turn on power-saving mode and the system crashes.

3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 26, 2024
  4. Cannot take windows 11 out of S Mode

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, May 26, 2024
Thema:

Cannot take windows 11 out of S Mode

1. Cannot take windows 11 out of S Mode - Similar Threads - Cannot Mode

2. cannot get out of s mode for windows. i have followed all the steps but keep getting an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot get out of s mode for windows. i have followed all the steps but keep getting an...: cannot get out of s mode for windows. i have followed all the steps but keep getting an error message. how can i get this sorted please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-out-of-s-mode-for-windows-i-have/79d938e0-e5e6-4b07-8af4-d71764b04781
  3. cannot get out of s mode for windows. i have followed all the steps but keep getting an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot get out of s mode for windows. i have followed all the steps but keep getting an...: cannot get out of s mode for windows. i have followed all the steps but keep getting an error message. how can i get this sorted please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-out-of-s-mode-for-windows-i-have/79d938e0-e5e6-4b07-8af4-d71764b04781
  4. Cannot turn on kernel-mode hardware-enforced Stack Protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot turn on kernel-mode hardware-enforced Stack Protection: Please see screenshot. How do I enable it? It's currently greyed out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-on-kernel-mode-hardware-enforced-stack/78b28c70-0e79-46ea-93e6-7340aa7e0627
  5. Cannot turn on kernel-mode hardware-enforced Stack Protection

Cannot turn on kernel-mode hardware-enforced Stack Protection: Please see screenshot. How do I enable it? It's currently greyed out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-on-kernel-mode-hardware-enforced-stack/78b28c70-0e79-46ea-93e6-7340aa7e0627
  6. Why does the message ‘this file cannot be run in DOS mode’ appear when I open a .dll file...

Why does the message ‘this file cannot be run in DOS mode’ appear when I open a .dll file...: Hello guys and girls, I was tinkering around in a .dll file on notepad to change some setting on a game recently and I encountered an error. When I opened the .dll in notepad, i was met with weird jumbled letters and the sentence ‘This program cannot be run in DOS mode’. This...
  7. Why does the message ‘this file cannot be run in DOS mode’ appear when I open a .dll file...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does the message ‘this file cannot be run in DOS mode’ appear when I open a .dll file...: Hello guys and girls, I was tinkering around in a .dll file on notepad to change some setting on a game recently and I encountered an error. When I opened the .dll in notepad, i was met with weird jumbled letters and the sentence ‘This program cannot be run in DOS mode’. This...
  8. Why does the message ‘this file cannot be run in DOS mode’ appear when I open a .dll file...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. cannot switch out of s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot switch out of s mode: unable to switch out of s mode in Windows 11 home, I get an error saying try again. I just purchased this computer today and now I am unable to complete any of my coursework because of being in s mode. I need help ASAP....
  10. cannot switch out of s mode

cannot switch out of s mode: unable to switch out of s mode in Windows 11 home, I get an error saying try again. I just purchased this computer today and now I am unable to complete any of my coursework because of being in s mode. I need help ASAP....