Windows 10: Cannot totally collapse quick launch bar

Discus and support Cannot totally collapse quick launch bar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, This is admittedly a pretty low priority thing, but has been annoying me none the less. I'm a big fan of the quick launch bar, and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mutexx, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Mutexx Win User

Cannot totally collapse quick launch bar

Hello,
    This is admittedly a pretty low priority thing, but has been annoying me none the less.
    I'm a big fan of the quick launch bar, and have successfully added it to my Windows 10
    (Vers 1607) task bar. In Windows 7, I could collapse the quick launch bar fully, so that all
    that showed was the double arrow. It seems that Windows 10 insists on one item, and a
    space then the double arrow. I just want the double arrow.
    Certainly not an earth shattering problem *Biggrin - It'd be nice if this could be tweaked.

Cannot totally collapse quick launch bar [​IMG]

TIA,
    Rick

:)

Mutexx, Sep 8, 2016

2. Opera Mobile as a default browser in 5800 XM

Unfortunately the quick launch bar will always launch the Nokia browser. That behaviour cannot be changed.

psychomania---01, Sep 8, 2016
  3. RBobby Win User
    Win10Pro: Quick Launch toolbar is in the wrong place. Any way to move it to the left end of the toolbar?

There's a missing step in your method, and there's important
    visible feedback missing
    from the process.

The separator line on the far left can be moved, even though there's no visible feedback that it's actually moving.

To do what I want, I first moved the separator between the Task Bar and the Quick Launch tool bar as far to the left as it will go, squeezing the Task Bar into a small space on the left.

The missing step is to then grab the separator that's to the left of the squashed Task Bar and drag it to the right of the Quick Launch tool bar.

As soon as the image of the separator passes to the right of the Task Bar, the Task Bar will expand to normal size, and to the right of the Quick Launch bar.

The Task Bar, Quick Launch and notification area are now in their proper places and should no longer interfere with one another.

RBobby, Sep 8, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Either, you must leave the Toolbar Title, or, you can create an invisible shortcut, (eg.: explorer.exe), named appropriately to be first in alphanumeric order and assign it a blank ico/icon file.

Edwin, Sep 10, 2016
  5. Mutexx Win User
    Thanks Edwin, We'll give those suggestions a try!

Mutexx, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot totally collapse quick launch bar - Similar Threads - Cannot totally collapse

2. Quick Launch icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Launch icons?: How do I Change the icon size on the Quick Launch list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-launch-icons/a1bd1b0d-244e-41c7-912a-e8a797fbad1d
  3. Quick Launch Toolbar Icons

Quick Launch Toolbar Icons: The icons in my Quick Launch toolbar seem to change sizes after reboot ... and sometimes even without a reboot. Sometimes they're the same height at the regular toolbar, and sometimes they're smaller. When smaller they're really too small and make the Quick Launch toolbar...
  4. Desktop Quick Launch -tool bar

Desktop Quick Launch -tool bar: So basically I noticed that this nifty toolbar option see below does not work in Windows 10. Basically your items on the desktop populate and you can quickly navigate to and from different apps/shortcuts etc. When you try launching the toolbar and windows explorer just...
  5. Windows 10 keeps deleting the Quick Launch Bar

Windows 10 keeps deleting the Quick Launch Bar: I have a Quick Launch Bar like this in my Windows 10 1809 installation the folder path is C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch: [ATTACH] And it keeps getting deleted every time I log off and back in or when I shut my PC down and start it...
  6. Quick Launch and Shared Drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Quick Launch and Shared Drives: Our company now runs Windows 10 Version 1809. I installed Quick Launch on my toolbar and really found it to be very useful. However, I have discovered that when I make a change to one of the folders using IE on a shared drive, my quick launch files are not updated. Anyone...
  7. Quick Launch stopped working.......

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Launch stopped working.......: Windows 10 version 1803. I've been running Windows 10 since it came out. And I ALWAYS had the Quick Launch on the task bar... Sat at the end of the task bar and made it easy to switch to the desktop............ Today, rebooted and Quick Launch is just 2 blank page icons,...
  8. Quick Launch toolbar stuck

Quick Launch toolbar stuck: Hello, I have messed up the taskbar, I "think" with Winaero Tweaker, trying to get the white text back so I can read anything (enable disable then enable colored title bars fixed that). While I did get the black text to turn white, either with the colored title bars or Aero...
  9. Suddenly cannot drag icons to Quick Launch

in Windows 10 Support
    Suddenly cannot drag icons to Quick Launch: Wanted to add a couple more websites to the quick launch section but when I drag the icons all I see is a square with an X that disappears. What is my problem? 51793
  10. Quick Launch bar won't take icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Launch bar won't take icons: Today I had problems getting my system cleaned out of Adobe's Creative Cloud and reinstalling an old version of Photoshop. When I was done, I went to add the PS icon to the Quick Launch bar but I got the red circle with the bar across it. Same with any other icons. The ones...