Windows 10: Cannot totally collapse quick launch bar

Discus and support Cannot totally collapse quick launch bar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, This is admittedly a pretty low priority thing, but has been annoying me none the less. I'm a big fan of the quick launch bar, and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mutexx, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Mutexx Win User

Cannot totally collapse quick launch bar

Hello,
    This is admittedly a pretty low priority thing, but has been annoying me none the less.
    I'm a big fan of the quick launch bar, and have successfully added it to my Windows 10
    (Vers 1607) task bar. In Windows 7, I could collapse the quick launch bar fully, so that all
    that showed was the double arrow. It seems that Windows 10 insists on one item, and a
    space then the double arrow. I just want the double arrow.
    Certainly not an earth shattering problem *Biggrin - It'd be nice if this could be tweaked.

Cannot totally collapse quick launch bar [​IMG]

TIA,
    Rick

:)

Mutexx, Sep 8, 2016

2. Opera Mobile as a default browser in 5800 XM

Unfortunately the quick launch bar will always launch the Nokia browser. That behaviour cannot be changed.

psychomania---01, Sep 8, 2016
  3. RBobby Win User
    Win10Pro: Quick Launch toolbar is in the wrong place. Any way to move it to the left end of the toolbar?

There's a missing step in your method, and there's important
    visible feedback missing
    from the process.

The separator line on the far left can be moved, even though there's no visible feedback that it's actually moving.

To do what I want, I first moved the separator between the Task Bar and the Quick Launch tool bar as far to the left as it will go, squeezing the Task Bar into a small space on the left.

The missing step is to then grab the separator that's to the left of the squashed Task Bar and drag it to the right of the Quick Launch tool bar.

As soon as the image of the separator passes to the right of the Task Bar, the Task Bar will expand to normal size, and to the right of the Quick Launch bar.

The Task Bar, Quick Launch and notification area are now in their proper places and should no longer interfere with one another.

RBobby, Sep 8, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Either, you must leave the Toolbar Title, or, you can create an invisible shortcut, (eg.: explorer.exe), named appropriately to be first in alphanumeric order and assign it a blank ico/icon file.

Edwin, Sep 10, 2016
  5. Mutexx Win User
    Thanks Edwin, We'll give those suggestions a try!

Mutexx, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot totally collapse quick launch bar - Similar Threads - Cannot totally collapse

2. Terminal title bar collapsed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Terminal title bar collapsed: Whenever I open a terminal process, the top bar shows for a few seconds, but then disappears into a tiny bar. This is frustrating because I am unable to even move the window.I've installed PowerShell 7, but this still happens. This also happens on other processes other than...
  3. Terminal title bar collapsed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Terminal title bar collapsed: Whenever I open a terminal process, the top bar shows for a few seconds, but then disappears into a tiny bar. This is frustrating because I am unable to even move the window.I've installed PowerShell 7, but this still happens. This also happens on other processes other than...
  4. Task Bar Collapse Setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar Collapse Setting: Just adding another voice to the problem. I am not finding how to set the task bar to never collapse. It was a feature I used on all of my computers at work and at home. Please let me know how to get this function turned off....
  5. Task Bar Collapse Setting

Task Bar Collapse Setting: Just adding another voice to the problem. I am not finding how to set the task bar to never collapse. It was a feature I used on all of my computers at work and at home. Please let me know how to get this function turned off....
  6. Windows Search/Quick Launch Bar Not Working

in Cortana
    Windows Search/Quick Launch Bar Not Working: Hello. I am having a problem Windows Search in W10. I keep Windows up to date. Recnetly the "Type Here To Search" box stopped allowing any input, either by typing or by ctrl-v pasting. Additionally, the Search process is not running in task manager, though the WSearch service...
  7. Windows Search/Quick Launch Bar Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search/Quick Launch Bar Not Working: Hello. I am having a problem Windows Search in W10. I keep Windows up to date. Recnetly the "Type Here To Search" box stopped allowing any input, either by typing or by ctrl-v pasting. Additionally, the Search process is not running in task manager, though the WSearch service...
  8. Windows Search/Quick Launch Bar Not Working

9. Desktop Quick Launch -tool bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Quick Launch -tool bar: So basically I noticed that this nifty toolbar option see below does not work in Windows 10. Basically your items on the desktop populate and you can quickly navigate to and from different apps/shortcuts etc. When you try launching the toolbar and windows explorer just...
  10. Quick Launch bar won't take icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Launch bar won't take icons: Today I had problems getting my system cleaned out of Adobe's Creative Cloud and reinstalling an old version of Photoshop. When I was done, I went to add the PS icon to the Quick Launch bar but I got the red circle with the bar across it. Same with any other icons. The ones...