Windows 10: Cannot transfer files from Android to PC using Bluetooth

Discus and support Cannot transfer files from Android to PC using Bluetooth in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have my Windows 10 pc (upgrade from 8.1) and Samsung S4 Android 4.4.2 paired and I can transfer files from PC to Android, but I cannot do the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Simple, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Simple Win User

Cannot transfer files from Android to PC using Bluetooth

Hello,
    I have my Windows 10 pc (upgrade from 8.1) and Samsung S4 Android 4.4.2 paired and I can transfer files from PC to Android, but I cannot do the reverse.

I had 2 MAP SMS devices with question mark in the Device Manager, I manually identified them as MTP Device Enumerator, but it did not help!

This Bluetooth file transfer issue was solvable in previous Windows by ensuring that Btmshellex is running well in the Startup list of the task manager. However, I cannot find Btmshellex, it seems to be missing in Windows 10.

How can I transfer files from Android device to Windows 10 pc?

:)

Simple, Sep 5, 2015

2. Cannot connect LG G2 to Windows 10

I'f you are only concerned with file transfer capabilities read on.

I've got an LG G2. Bluetooth file transfer is a bit convoluted with Win10. I can do it with my phone, but it is easier to use wi-fi file transfer. I'd rather use FileZilla on my PC and 'WiFi File Transfer' by androidder on my phone instead of bluetooth.

A bluetooth transfer is much slower with more hoops to jump through. Assuming both android and PC have been previously paired: On the PC go to bluetooth settings and select "Send or receive files via bluetooth", then either browse to transfer or wait to
    receive. On the android device, use a file explorer to highlight (a) file(s) to 'Share', select 'bluetooth', then select your device to send them to the PC. To receive a file from the PC you need to accept transfer with a pop-up prompt, with an option to 'always
    trust this device'. Bluetooth file transfer is a pain.

Bluetooth media streaming is possible, search on the internet for that solution if you desire.

namitutonka, Sep 5, 2015
  3. RCSpence Win User
    File Transfer via Bluetooth

I'm trying to transfer a file between Windows Mobile 5 and Android Galaxy S-3. I am able to transfer sucessfully from Android to Windows Mobile, but cannot transfer from Windows Mobile to Android. To transfer from Windows Mobile (WM) to Android, I am
    using "File Transfer" program on WM to select a file and choosing my phone name as "Bluetooth Recipient." This sends the program into "Transfer in Progress" in which it attempts to connect and fails a total of three or four times. Finally it quits and states
    "Unable to open the specified transport. More data available.

Is there any fix available for this?

Thanks in advance.

RCSpence, Sep 5, 2015
Thema:

Cannot transfer files from Android to PC using Bluetooth

1. Cannot transfer files from Android to PC using Bluetooth - Similar Threads - Cannot transfer files

2. Cannot transfer files from Android 13 phone to Windows 11 PC using USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot transfer files from Android 13 phone to Windows 11 PC using USB: With Windows 10 it was very easy to transfer files to and from my Android devices with a PC using a USB cable and File Explorer. I just moved to Windows 11, and this method of file transfer no longer works. Apparently I need to change on my Android cell phone "USB controlled...
  3. Cannot transfer files from Android 13 phone to Windows 11 PC using USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot transfer files from Android 13 phone to Windows 11 PC using USB: With Windows 10 it was very easy to transfer files to and from my Android devices with a PC using a USB cable and File Explorer. I just moved to Windows 11, and this method of file transfer no longer works. Apparently I need to change on my Android cell phone "USB controlled...
  4. Transferring MP4 file from Windows to Android

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring MP4 file from Windows to Android: I can capture video with audio in Windows desktop, but when I copy MP4 to Android, there is box warning that some features cannot be transferred. Video is fine on Android device, but there's no audio. How do I fix this. I'm using Win key plus G....
  5. Transferring photos from android phone to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring photos from android phone to PC: Transferring photos: My smart phone will not switch from "this device" to "connected device" for transferring photos to pc. Which option should be chosen and is there a specific reason why I can't switch between the two selections?Thanks!...
  6. Transferring photos from android phone to PC

Transferring photos from android phone to PC: Transferring photos: My smart phone will not switch from "this device" to "connected device" for transferring photos to pc. Which option should be chosen and is there a specific reason why I can't switch between the two selections?Thanks!...
  7. Data transfer from Android to PC corrupted files

Data transfer from Android to PC corrupted files: I connected my mobile phone Samsung S6 to my PC running Windows 11 with a USB cable. I then right clicked on the device and used the file import service. I chose to remove files from device after moving. The move completed successfully. However when I go to the files on the...
  8. Data transfer from Android to PC corrupted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data transfer from Android to PC corrupted files: I connected my mobile phone Samsung S6 to my PC running Windows 11 with a USB cable. I then right clicked on the device and used the file import service. I chose to remove files from device after moving. The move completed successfully. However when I go to the files on the...
  9. how to transfer files from my phone android to the pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to transfer files from my phone android to the pc: how to transfer files from my phone android to the pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-files-from-my-phone-android-to-the/3bbbf178-9266-4080-a76a-f53a4364edb1
  10. Transferring music files from PC to Android Phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring music files from PC to Android Phone: i can not download music from my pc to android phone ***Original title: i can not download music from my pc to android phone*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-music-files-from-pc-to-android-phone/357b32a0-7548-4786-ac3c-3f32cfe3a227"