Windows 10: Cannot transfer phone files but can charge with USB

Discus and support Cannot transfer phone files but can charge with USB in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I have windows 10 on a HP Pavillion. For years, I have been able to connect my phone android and my spouse's phone iphone via USB to download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Stephaniedvm, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Cannot transfer phone files but can charge with USB

Hello. I have windows 10 on a HP Pavillion. For years, I have been able to connect my phone android and my spouse's phone iphone via USB to download photos. I was doing this with the iphone and I would randomly get an error message do not remember it and would have to unplug and replug in the phone and I would be able to work again and then it finally just kept giving me an error message and I gave up. It now will not do file transfer with either phone. My USB mouse still works. I can charge my android via computer usb but as soon as I select file transfer on my phone, the computer

:)

Stephaniedvm, Jun 29, 2022
  2. Steevo Win User

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Jun 29, 2022
  3. Transferring data from phone to computer

Once I attached the phone to the computer via USB, and set it up for file access/transfer, I can see it in my list of hard drives.

I simply click on the hard drive entry for the phone to open the contents, navigate to the folder, and copy files off.

OldNavyGuy, Jun 29, 2022
  4. kamil234 Win User

Cannot transfer phone files but can charge with USB

Able to transfer files from phone to PC via USB, but not vice versa

Did you set the USB mode to file transfer? When you connect your phone via USB, you should get a notification on the phone (phone has to be unlocked), choose "Use USB for: File Transfer" Then you should be able to transfer files. Make sure the directory you are trying to write to is not write protected.

You can also try to enable developer / debugging mode if it doesnt work.

More information can be found here:

Transfer files between your computer & Android device - Android Help

kamil234, Jun 29, 2022
Thema:

Cannot transfer phone files but can charge with USB

1. Cannot transfer phone files but can charge with USB - Similar Threads - Cannot transfer phone

2. Whenever I connect my phone with my pc via usb i can transfer photos but cannot transfer file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I connect my phone with my pc via usb i can transfer photos but cannot transfer file.: I have HP 250 G3 Notebook PC windows 8.1 pro 64bit . Whenever I connect my phone with my PC via usb i can transfer photos but cannot transfer files. You know that, when a phone is connected with PC there are three options available -1. Charge Phone2. Transfer Files3. Transfer...
  3. Whenever I connect my phone with my pc via usb i can transfer photos but cannot transfer file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I connect my phone with my pc via usb i can transfer photos but cannot transfer file.: I have HP 250 G3 Notebook PC windows 8.1 pro 64bit . Whenever I connect my phone with my PC via usb i can transfer photos but cannot transfer files. You know that, when a phone is connected with PC there are three options available -1. Charge Phone2. Transfer Files3. Transfer...
  4. Cannot transfer files from Android 13 phone to Windows 11 PC using USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot transfer files from Android 13 phone to Windows 11 PC using USB: With Windows 10 it was very easy to transfer files to and from my Android devices with a PC using a USB cable and File Explorer. I just moved to Windows 11, and this method of file transfer no longer works. Apparently I need to change on my Android cell phone "USB controlled...
  5. usb c cannot charge computer but can reverse charge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb c cannot charge computer but can reverse charge: I am having a problem with my Lenovo computer, where I can use the usb-c port to charge devices, but the charger will not charge the computer. I tried rebooting my computer, unplugging my cords, doing microsoft's page regarding this problem, but I believe the problem lies...
  6. usb c cannot charge computer but can reverse charge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb c cannot charge computer but can reverse charge: I am having a problem with my Lenovo computer, where I can use the usb-c port to charge devices, but the charger will not charge the computer. I tried rebooting my computer, unplugging my cords, doing microsoft's page regarding this problem, but I believe the problem lies...
  7. Cannot transfer phone files but can charge with USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot transfer phone files but can charge with USB: Hello. I have windows 10 on a HP Pavillion. For years, I have been able to connect my phone android and my spouse's phone iphone via USB to download photos. I was doing this with the iphone and I would randomly get an error message do not remember it and would have to unplug...
  8. Cannot transfer phone files but can charge with USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot transfer phone files but can charge with USB: Hello. I have windows 10 on a HP Pavillion. For years, I have been able to connect my phone android and my spouse's phone iphone via USB to download photos. I was doing this with the iphone and I would randomly get an error message do not remember it and would have to unplug...
  9. USB phone charging very hot?

in Windows 10 Support
    USB phone charging very hot?: For my Android phone I have a USB charger with two 2.1A and one Fast Charge outlets. The usb plug to the charger gets very hot when on Fast Charge. Is this normal and safe? it gets too hot to hold. My practice has beeen to use Fast Charge for only a limited time (say around...
  10. Charging phone: USB Device not recognized

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Charging phone: USB Device not recognized: I plug my android phone that charges by usb-c cable into the USB port on my pc and it starts charging for approx half a second, then stops. It has always worked before and I'm having difficulty googling an answer. The error message won't pop up anymore but it was saying...