Windows 10: Cannot turn Microsoft Defender back on after uninstalling third-party antivirus

Discus and support Cannot turn Microsoft Defender back on after uninstalling third-party antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I've been using Bitdefender Free for years and I wanted to start using Microsoft Defender MD, because I've recently heard that it works very... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MatteoAllegra, Feb 23, 2022.

1. Cannot turn Microsoft Defender back on after uninstalling third-party antivirus

Hello, I've been using Bitdefender Free for years and I wanted to start using Microsoft Defender MD, because I've recently heard that it works very well. I knew MD is deactivated when another antivirus is installed and is supposed to activate on its own as soon as no other antivirus is active.I uninstalled Bitdefender through 'Control Panel'>'Uninstall or change a program' and Windows Security WS warned me that I was no longer protected. When I go to 'WS'>'Virus and threat protection' I'm warned that my device is vulnerable. If I go to 'Security providers' this is what I see:And if

:)

MatteoAllegra, Feb 23, 2022
  2. Sumon-613 Win User

How to start microsoft defender,after I uninstalled the third-party antivirus software?

How to start microsoft defender,after I uninstalled the third-party antivirus software?

Sumon-613, Feb 23, 2022
  3. turn off windows defender

Hello Nayan,

The tutorial below can help show you step by step on how to turn off Microsoft Defender Antivirus in Windows 10.

How to Turn On or Off Microsoft Defender Antivirus in Windows 10

Unless you have a 3rd party antivirus program installed, it is not recommended to turn on Microsoft Defender Antivirus to help keep your computer protected.

Shawn Brink, Feb 23, 2022
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Cannot turn Microsoft Defender back on after uninstalling third-party antivirus

windows defender firewall

Hi Faye,

Third-party antivirus programs usually have their own uninstallers provided by the software developer. We suggest checking the developer's website or contacting their support team for assistance with uninstalling their program. After fully uninstalling the
    third-party antivirus software, you may turn on Windows Defender by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Windows Defender Security Center and press Enter.
    • Click Firewall and network protection.
    • Click Private (discoverable) network and click On.
    • Click Public (non-discoverable) network and click On.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about Windows Defender.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 23, 2022
Thema:

Cannot turn Microsoft Defender back on after uninstalling third-party antivirus

1. Cannot turn Microsoft Defender back on after uninstalling third-party antivirus - Similar Threads - Cannot turn Microsoft

2. How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus: A third party antivirus called FortiClient has disabled Windows Defender Firewall WDF on my personal machine. I've disabled its services renamed its drivers and modified its registry keys in order to disable some of the more invasive corporate monitoring feaatures, including...
  3. How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus: A third party antivirus called FortiClient has disabled Windows Defender Firewall WDF on my personal machine. I've disabled its services renamed its drivers and modified its registry keys in order to disable some of the more invasive corporate monitoring feaatures, including...
  4. How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Third-party antivirus and Defender

Third-party antivirus and Defender: Hi all, I hope I can be as clear as possible. I have Kaspersky Total Security, and I've had it since December. Every once in a while I'll get notifications to turn on Microsoft Defender - I understand installing third-party antivirus software will turn off/disable Defender,...
  6. Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on: When I go to check on the antivirus it show message as follow:So I went to "Manage provider" to see if my antivirus is turned of and it is. But the problem here is that there is no option to turned it back on....
  7. Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on: When I go to check on the antivirus it show message as follow:So I went to "Manage provider" to see if my antivirus is turned of and it is. But the problem here is that there is no option to turned it back on....
  8. Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on

9. How to start microsoft defender,after I uninstalled the third-party antivirus software?

How to start microsoft defender,after I uninstalled the third-party antivirus software?: How to start microsoft defender,after I uninstalled the third-party antivirus software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-start-microsoft-defenderafter-i-uninstalled/30952e86-ffb0-4793-a8a7-e5edb9456986
  10. Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender

Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender: Noob question, I'm sure it has been asked and answered a million times, but can I run a third party security software while leaving defender active? I had Eset for years with Malwarebytes as backup manual scanner, now with Win10 I'm considering leaving the paid antivirus...