Windows 10: Cannot turn my laptop's built-in keyboard back on

Discus and support Cannot turn my laptop's built-in keyboard back on in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A while ago, some keys of my laptop's built-in keyboard were acting up. I was too busy to look into it at the time and the quickest fix was to replace... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TinaPapa89, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Cannot turn my laptop's built-in keyboard back on

A while ago, some keys of my laptop's built-in keyboard were acting up. I was too busy to look into it at the time and the quickest fix was to replace it with an external one. Wanting to be able to put the external keyboard on top of my laptop, I was looking for ways to deactivate the built-in one. I remember I found a solution online and it worked like a charm for my needs back then. I now have some more time on my hands and wanted to try and see if I can make the built-in keyboard work again, but for the life of me I cannot turn it back on. I have tried re-enabling via device manager and eve

:)

TinaPapa89, Aug 3, 2021

2. Built-in laptop keyboard works in BIOD but not in Windows

Since that is the case and even updating the device driver does not allow the built-in keyboard to work in Windows 10, we suggest that you uninstall the current device driver of the built-in keyboard. Doing this will allow the system to install a clean copy
    of the device driver and correct any errors.

You can follow the steps on how to uninstall and reinstall the device driver for your built-in keyboard that is available through this

link
    . Refer to the last section of the article where the steps are indicated.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Aug 3, 2021
  3. How to disable a laptop keyboard

Hi,BvinR

My name is Erik. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

I've looked for the details regards about your concern and it will provide you the steps on how to fix the issue.

kindly click this link

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

1. Press Windows + X and select Device Manager from the list.

2. Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.

3.Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable.

5. Click on Yes in the resulting dialog box to confirm the action and disable the laptop’s built-in keyboard.

6. If you don’t see a Disable option in the resulting context menu, you will see an Uninstall option, and you can click on that to uninstall the drivers for the built-in keyboard instead of simply disabling it.

Take Note:

Windows 10 might automatically update the drivers after detecting the keyboard. If that happens, you will have to make your way back to the Device Manager and uninstall the drivers for the laptop’s built-in keyboard once again.

if these steps did not resolve the issue kindly try this workaround method

click this link

https://thegeekpage.com/disable-laptop-keyboard...

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,

Erik

Independent Advisor

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

EriksonBautista24, Aug 3, 2021
  4. Cannot turn my laptop's built-in keyboard back on

Built-in laptop keyboard works in BIOD but not in Windows

Hi Garrick,

There are different factors that can contribute as to why your laptop's built-in keyboard is not working properly. This could be caused by a recent update that was installed or device drivers that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer
    the questions below:

• Prior to the issue occurring with the built-in keyboard in your laptop, were there any recent changes made or updates that
      were installed on your laptop?
    • When you attempted to update the device driver, were there any error messages that showed up?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 do you have installed on your laptop?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

Cannot turn my laptop's built-in keyboard back on

1. Cannot turn my laptop's built-in keyboard back on - Similar Threads - Cannot turn laptop's

2. Keyboard back-light not turning on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard back-light not turning on: Acer Aspire laptop keyboard back-light doesn't turn on when keyboard is touched. Any solution please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-back-light-not-turning-on/ccfb87a6-5c2b-4cce-b3db-1ebf3a2bd000
  3. Disable built-in Laptop Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable built-in Laptop Keyboard: I want to know how to permanently disable the built-in Laptop keyboard in Windows so I can plug-in an external keyboard and use that instead of the built-in one.I have tried the existing method of uninstalling it from the Device manager but it comes back when I restart my PC....
  4. Disable built-in Laptop Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable built-in Laptop Keyboard: I want to know how to permanently disable the built-in Laptop keyboard in Windows so I can plug-in an external keyboard and use that instead of the built-in one.I have tried the existing method of uninstalling it from the Device manager but it comes back when I restart my PC....
  5. Disable built-in Laptop Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How can I turn off the laptop's built-in keyboard?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I turn off the laptop's built-in keyboard?: Hello, everyone!How can I turn off my laptop's built-in keyboard? Since my company D Chel Valves office HP laptop's keyboard isn't working properly, I've tried disabling it. I've tried deactivating automatic updates using sysdm.cpl, altering group policies with gpedit.msc,...
  7. built in keyboard laptop

built in keyboard laptop: How to permanently disable laptops built in keyboard in windows 10 latest version ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-keyboard-laptop/5e5b434a-6ace-4190-821c-24dc97226fa5
  8. Built-in keyboard not working in laptop

Built-in keyboard not working in laptop: Hello, I want to ask a question My keyboard that built-in on my Acer Aspire 3 laptop Aspire A514-51K is not working at all I tried to type, use the Fn, clicking ctrl+alt+del, and many more. Those all things doesn't work except for the power button. I have tried...
  9. Keyboard Locked and Laptop won’t turn back on!!!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keyboard Locked and Laptop won’t turn back on!!!: So my cat walked over the keyboard of my laptop and locked it. Trying to unlock them didnt work so I went ti restart as this worked last time she did it. I accidentally clicked ‘shut down’ though and now it wont turn back on. Does anyone have any advice?...
  10. I cannot uninstall the built-in keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot uninstall the built-in keyboard: So I spilled water over the keyboard a while ago, the key J kept spelling. I went to device manager, keyboard and update it to Toshiba keyboard. It worked just fine. But a few days ago, my computer had a restart problem, so I reinstall the system. The setting went back to...