Windows 10: cannot turn off desktop auto grid

Discus and support cannot turn off desktop auto grid in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have spent 30 minutes searching for an answer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by clueless-on-10, Apr 11, 2019.

1. cannot turn off desktop auto grid

I have spent 30 minutes searching for an answer.

:)

clueless-on-10, Apr 11, 2019
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

My desktop icons move to a grid on the left for no reason

Hello,

If your icons are aligned to a grid, this means that the settings of your desktop are currently auto arranged and automatically aligned. Since you want to rearrange your desktop icons on however you like them, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Right-click at a blank area on your desktop.
    • Hover on View.
    • In the right pane, look for Auto arrange icons. If it's checked, make sure to uncheck it.
    • Hover again on View.
    • This time, look for Align icons to grid. If it's checked, make sure to uncheck it.

After doing these steps, you'll be able to rearrange all your desktop icons again on how you want it.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Apr 11, 2019
  3. John Fer Win User
    Desktop messed up after an update

Hi Leonardo,

This issue might be caused by the "Auto-Arrange" option that was turned on. To turn it off, follow the steps below:

• Right click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click on View.
    • Uncheck the "Auto arrange icons" and "Align icons to grid"

Let us know if you need further help.

John Fer, Apr 11, 2019
  4. cannot turn off desktop auto grid

auto arrange icon desktop , why ?

Hi,

I would suggest you to try the steps and check if it helps.

a) Right click on Desktop.

b) Click on View.

c) Uncheck both "Arrange icons to grid" and "Auto arrange icons".

d) Restart the computer and check if it helps.

Anannya Podder, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

cannot turn off desktop auto grid

1. cannot turn off desktop auto grid - Similar Threads - cannot turn off

2. Auto turn off "Show desktop icon"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto turn off "Show desktop icon": I have a pretty nice wallpaper but it's covered by the icons most of the time. So I want to ask if there is any way to turn of "Show desktop icon" whenever I boot up my PC?...
  3. Auto turn off "Show desktop icon"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto turn off "Show desktop icon": I have a pretty nice wallpaper but it's covered by the icons most of the time. So I want to ask if there is any way to turn of "Show desktop icon" whenever I boot up my PC?...
  4. Auto turn off "Show desktop icon"

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Bitlocker insanity - cannot turn off auto unlock

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker insanity - cannot turn off auto unlock: I have two PCs, one with Windows Pro and one with Windows Home You can only set up and configure Bitlocker on Pro. I have an external SSD which I encrypted with Bitlocker. I selected the Auto Unlock feature when connecting the SSD to my Windows Home PC, and as you can't...
  6. how do i turn off background tile grid on desktop?

how do i turn off background tile grid on desktop?: how do i turn off background tile grid on desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-background-tile-grid-on-desktop/b52c369d-1f07-4fba-99bd-d4da79db9e94
  7. Help turning off the window snap grid

Help turning off the window snap grid: I need this feature gone and out of my life. anyone know how to turn it off? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-turning-off-the-window-snap-grid/9a5dd5cd-c6f2-404e-bebc-84a0653cc98b
  8. Cannot turn off auto date

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cannot turn off auto date: Please forgive my original post,mislaid my glasses so spelling was atrocious. I turned on Auto Date in Word 2016/Office 365,which worked as i expected current date automatically added to new documents. However the problem i have is that the auto date also changes the date...
  9. Desktop Icons - Can't align to grid/Auto-arrange

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons - Can't align to grid/Auto-arrange: My desktop icons are aligning on the left of my desktop. When I try to move them, they snap back to where they were. So, I tried right-clicking the desktop thinking I would uncheck "Align icons to grid". That option was not checked, and neither was "Auto arrange icons". I...
  10. Turn On or Off Align Desktop Icons to Grid in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Align Desktop Icons to Grid in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Align Desktop Icons to Grid in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Align Desktop Icons to Grid in Windows 10 [img] Information The desktop is the main screen area that you see after you turn on your PC and sign in to Windows. Like the top of an...