Windows 10: cannot turn off files on demand for one drive

Discus and support cannot turn off files on demand for one drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i go into one drive settings, go under files on demand and uncheck it ,when i hit ok, it automatically checks it again.[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by leviweyhrich, Jul 1, 2020.

1. cannot turn off files on demand for one drive

i go into one drive settings, go under files on demand and uncheck it ,when i hit ok, it automatically checks it again. cannot turn off files on demand for one drive cd5709b2-c25a-4762-9818-823f491726c2?upload=true.png

:)

leviweyhrich, Jul 1, 2020

2. File History & OneDrive on Demand

Disable on demand by following the steps from this website Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10 then start backin up your files. on demand files are not being saved on your hard drive it is incloud only.

5a5d6cb6-7934-4184-8f8b-e1d16573aa87, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    cannot turn off jump list

Hi Rohit,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the Jump Lists on Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, search Settings, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • Turn off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Duavago Win User

cannot turn off files on demand for one drive

cannot turn off recent files in start

Hi,

I wanted to turn of the recent files in the Start menu (e.g. when writing the name of an app, the recently opened files appear; since this last win10 update, when you click the arrow on the right of the app's name).

1) So I turned off jump lists (in Start > Settings > Personalisation > Start > show recently opened items... > OFF);

2) then I went to File Explorer > View > Options > Folder Options > General > and turned off "Show recently used files...", "Show frequently used folders...", and cleared the File Explorer history.

Then recent files in Start seemed to be gone, BUT as soon as I opened a couple of files (in this case with VLC and MS-Officce apps) the recent files list was back.

A couple extra notes:

a) Right clicking a recent file's name in Start and then "Remove from this list" removes all but one file (whatever file was the last to be "removed"), and in that last file the only thing that gets removed are the other options that appear when you right
    click; the last item remains there until opening another file (then, the un-removable file gets removed and replaced by this last file). Repeating the steps above does not remove these from the recent list.

b) Disabling the App's history (e.g. vlc) changes nothing.

c) the files in \Users\xxxxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Office\Recent are not the same that appear in Start menu some_App's recent files (only those opened since steps 1) and 2) show up).

d) \Users\xxxxxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent Items gets populated with folders and files after steps 1) and 2) are performed; manually deleting the entries does not remove then from Start menu recent files in some_App.

Duavago, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

cannot turn off files on demand for one drive

1. cannot turn off files on demand for one drive - Similar Threads - cannot turn off

2. Cannot find file in One Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot find file in One Drive: Cannot find my file in One Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-file-in-one-drive/8aa634c2-2916-414b-822d-0b1dbffa7622
  3. File on demand one drive turns back on after unchecking it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File on demand one drive turns back on after unchecking it.: File on demand one drive turns back on after unchecking it. submitted by /u/Muppet5 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h0cfcy/file_on_demand_one_drive_turns_back_on_after/
  4. Turning off One Drive/Move Documents Folder

Turning off One Drive/Move Documents Folder: I just bought a new Acer laptop with Windows 10 64-bit pre-installed. I updated Windows to the most current version out there. I am trying to move the Windows Documents, Pictures and Desktop folders to a location other than under the User but am denied access, apparently...
  5. One Drive "Files on Demand" and preview still not working 2020

One Drive "Files on Demand" and preview still not working 2020: In late 2017 I disabled "Files on demand" because when active the preview pane did not work. Now 2 years later I really need to use the "Files on demand" functionality because I have large photo libraries in my Cloud storage which I would like to view but not store in my...
  6. Turning on "Files on Demand" in OneDrive

Turning on "Files on Demand" in OneDrive: Hi I've just read a useful article on the "Files on Demand" feature of OneDrive: https://www.brucebnews.com/2017/11/the-confusing-story-of-onedrive-files-on-demand-2/ It instructs me to "Right-click on the OneDrive icon in the taskbar and click on Settings" to get the...
  7. How to turn off One Drive?

How to turn off One Drive?: I run Windows 10 and have some compatibility issues. I think I should turn off One Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-one-drive/4c0d8d48-9504-4a26-b3d0-bbe9bfd6de40"
  8. Turning One Drive Off

Turning One Drive Off: How do I turn OneDrive off? When I download things onto my computer I want them on this PC not on One Drive. A whole bunch of things are stuck in "sync pending" and I don't understand where they are syncing to or why. I need them on this PC, they're not avalible for whatever...
  9. Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10 At Build 2017, Joe Belfiore announced that the new OneDrive Files On-Demand feature will be delivered with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update....
  10. How do you turn off One Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you turn off One Drive: How do you turn off One Drive? 19350