Windows 10: Cannot turn off real-time protection Windows Defender

Discus and support Cannot turn off real-time protection Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; It stated like that. I already removed all work email but still cannot manage my own personal PC?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SyarizalSam, May 14, 2022.

1. Cannot turn off real-time protection Windows Defender

It stated like that. I already removed all work email but still cannot manage my own personal PC?

:)

SyarizalSam, May 14, 2022
  2. josh1221 Win User

Windows Defender Real-time Protection will not turn on

I've done the exact same steps and same for me. Still won't turn on. Anyone have a way to muscle defender into turning on real-time protection?

josh1221, May 14, 2022
  3. I can't turn on Windows Defender Real Time Protection

We appreciate your response. We suggest that you try to turn on Windows Defender Real Time Protection from a Hidden Administrator account. To enable Hidden Administrator, the following are the steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the command prompt, type in net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter.
    • Log out and log back in using the Administrator account.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Hector Mad, May 14, 2022
  4. Cannot turn off real-time protection Windows Defender

Unable to turn on Windows Defender real time protection

Hi guys, I'm a bit desperate here right now. *Confused

I have the same problem that this guy over here. I'm running Windows 10 Home x64, version 1607, build 14393.0.

I had to restore the PC to a previous point because I ****ed up some drivers. Then my AV (Bitdefender Free) started having some issues (they gui didn't display correctly) so I decided to uninstall it and just go with Windows Defender.

The problem is I can't get it to work... I get a notification in the Action Center saying to turn on the virus protection, when I click it, Windows Defender goes green(PC status: protected, Real time protection: on) for a second and then goes yellow again (PC status: Windows Defender is OFF, Real time protection: Handled by another AV program) and I get the notification again. If instead of clicking the notification I click "Turn on" on the Windows Defender gui, Windows opens another window, "Apps & Features" in settings, like asking me to uninstall the other, nonexistent AV.

Now, I've tried a lot of things...

• Of course, I have completely uninstalled Bitdefender. I used the official tool provided by them for this. There is nothing in the registry by bitdefender nor any file or folder by that name in my PC.

• I have tried every step listed here.

• I have tried to install another AV (Avast) and the uninstall it to see if this would "reset" somehow windows defender. (Nope.)

• I have run MBAM and nothing pops-up

In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender there is noDisableAntiSpyware key. But in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender there is a DisableAntiSpyware key and its value is 0. (Not sure if this is important but wanted to give you the info.)

Anyone has any idea? Right now I'm thinking of downloading another AV or just go without any and be done with it. *Huh

ThunderRoad, May 14, 2022
Thema:

Cannot turn off real-time protection Windows Defender

1. Cannot turn off real-time protection Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Cannot turn off

2. Cannot turn off real time protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot turn off real time protection: I wanted to turn off real time protection so i can run a script, but when i disable it turns back on instantly. I tried removing it with local group policy but apparently i dont have it installed so i tried multiple other ways but nothing seems to work. All the other settings...
  3. Cannot turn off real time protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot turn off real time protection: I wanted to turn off real time protection so i can run a script, but when i disable it turns back on instantly. I tried removing it with local group policy but apparently i dont have it installed so i tried multiple other ways but nothing seems to work. All the other settings...
  4. Cannot turn off real-time protection Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot turn off real-time protection Windows Defender: It stated like that. I already removed all work email but still cannot manage my own personal PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-off-real-time-protection-windows/5164f32f-2733-488a-bebd-9150b3bc3ce1
  5. Cannot turn off real-time protection Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot turn off real-time protection Windows Defender: It stated like that. I already removed all work email but still cannot manage my own personal PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-off-real-time-protection-windows/5164f32f-2733-488a-bebd-9150b3bc3ce1
  6. Turning Off Windows Defender Real-time Protection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning Off Windows Defender Real-time Protection: So i'm trying to do what the title says and basically it seems like it's impossible. Sure i can turn it off in the settings but every time i restart my computer it gets turned back on automatically. I was on windows 1803 a couple of days ago and i was able to simply turn it...
  7. cannot turn off the real time protection of defender, why?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot turn off the real time protection of defender, why?: I have try to turn off the real time protection in defender but it will immediately return to on location. why this happen. anyone can help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-off-the-real-time-protection-of/ecbfaed1-db3b-4517-85e4-3fe5beb7c3b7
  8. Windows Defender Real Time Protection is Turned Off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Real Time Protection is Turned Off: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Please help me in solving this issue my windows defender real time protection is turned off and not turning on it says this setting can be managed by your administrator only but i'm using my administrator account only as you can see in image please give me...
  9. Window Defender: Cannot Turn On Real Time Protection

Window Defender: Cannot Turn On Real Time Protection: I have been using Windows Defender for a while now and it was fine but recently I installed McAfee and used its free trial. After I noticed how slow my computer was I uninstalled it. Now when I go back to Window Defender the option to turn on Real-Time Protection is grayed...
  10. Windows Defenders - Cannot Turn On / Off Real Time Protection

Windows Defenders - Cannot Turn On / Off Real Time Protection: Hi everyone, I need some help regarding windows defender real-time protection. My computer was attacked with a virus when I was installing a program. After the attack, I can't turn on my Windows Defender Real-Time Protection as it is stated that the setting can only be...