Windows 10: Cannot turn on clipboard history

Discus and support Cannot turn on clipboard history in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The option in grayed out. Above it is "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization." I don't have an organization. This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Len Cline, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Len Cline Win User

Cannot turn on clipboard history

The option in grayed out. Above it is "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization."

I don't have an organization. This is my private desk top computer.

How can I rid this red warning and turn on clipboard history?

:)

Len Cline, Aug 3, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Aug 3, 2020
  3. view clipboard history

"Upon copying something, the previous clipboard content is always overwritten. This means that there is always no history saved on the clipboard. You can use third-party applications which record your clipboard history, but you cannot recover your clipboard
    history prior to the installation of that app.'

Source -
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

E for Excel, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Rottoq Win User

Clipboard history Win key +V not available

That was successful! I now have the gpedit.msc

But I cannot find anything in the lists when it is opened for Clipboard history. Where should I look altho I have checked all items?

Under software there is nothing listed at all. I have checked All Settings and there's no mention of Clipboard! as ther are 100s of settings for everything else it seems - very powerful isn't it.

Rottoq, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot turn on clipboard history - Similar Threads - Cannot turn clipboard

2. Clipboard history even when history is turned off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clipboard history even when history is turned off?: Hello,So I tried copying something and I got a pop-up '24 of 24 - Clipboard Item not collected...'.Btw why is this notification not in my notifications?? Ah, yes that is the MS way.Ok fair enough, but what surprised me was that seemingly there is some collection of copied...
  3. Clipboard history even when history is turned off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clipboard history even when history is turned off?: Hello,So I tried copying something and I got a pop-up '24 of 24 - Clipboard Item not collected...'.Btw why is this notification not in my notifications?? Ah, yes that is the MS way.Ok fair enough, but what surprised me was that seemingly there is some collection of copied...
  4. Unable to turn on clipboard history.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to turn on clipboard history.: The option is just unclickable with a blue info icon that says, "Some of these settings are managed by your organisation"; but this is my personal account. Please help if you have any knowledge about this. Screenshot attached for reference....
  5. Unable to turn on clipboard history.

Unable to turn on clipboard history.: The option is just unclickable with a blue info icon that says, "Some of these settings are managed by your organisation"; but this is my personal account. Please help if you have any knowledge about this. Screenshot attached for reference....
  6. Clipboard History Not turning On!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clipboard History Not turning On!!: Hi,Please help me I recently updated my windows 11 and when i took screen shot and tried to paste it it didn't paste, Then I tried opening clipboard it didn't open , then i googled it and i came to know my clipboard history was off and i enabled it but the problem was not...
  7. Clipboard History Not turning On!!

Clipboard History Not turning On!!: Hi,Please help me I recently updated my windows 11 and when i took screen shot and tried to paste it it didn't paste, Then I tried opening clipboard it didn't open , then i googled it and i came to know my clipboard history was off and i enabled it but the problem was not...
  8. Clipboard History

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clipboard History: Hi, I'm having trouble getting the new clipboard history to work. It is definitely activated Having trawled the internet and tried everything that has been suggested on various forums, I downloaded and ran "Windows Hotkey Explorer" the free version, which shows the...
  9. Clipboard History

Clipboard History: I'm troubled in syncing my clipboard history to other devices. How can it be solved? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clipboard-history/e56b5433-5abc-4110-be57-466e38e7c8d6
  10. Clipboard history should be turned on automatically

Clipboard history should be turned on automatically: I was working on a school assignment, I finished typing it, but the box was really small, so I decided I was gonna copy and paste it into google docs to proofread it, I copied it, minimized the tab, and forgot I had copied it, I needed to ping someone on discord, so I copied...