Windows 10: Cannot turn on Defender Real-Time Protection. Button is grayed out.

Discus and support Cannot turn on Defender Real-Time Protection. Button is grayed out. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I started getting warning messages saying "Turn On Virus Detection...click to turn on....". When I click on the message I get "Page Not Available... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RobertSmithXE, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Cannot turn on Defender Real-Time Protection. Button is grayed out.

I started getting warning messages saying "Turn On Virus Detection...click to turn on....". When I click on the message I get "Page Not Available Your IT Administrator has limited.....". When I use another method to get to Defender security settings the button to turn Real-Time Protection is grayed out and not functioning. I found many examples on this forum of people with a similar problem, all of them locked, and this one seemed the closest to my situation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows/808253bb-db89-4db9-a4e5-1c91a86489e9 I found removal tools for the three non-MS anti-virus programs I have used in the past and ran them. I tried some of the other suggestions but the instructions don't work. They say do A, B will happen, then do C. I do A and B doesn't happen. Dead end. How do I turn on Defender Real-Time Protection?

:)

RobertSmithXE, Mar 31, 2019

2. I can't turn on Windows Defender Real Time Protection

We appreciate your response. We suggest that you try to turn on Windows Defender Real Time Protection from a Hidden Administrator account. To enable Hidden Administrator, the following are the steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the command prompt, type in net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter.
    • Log out and log back in using the Administrator account.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Hector Mad, Mar 31, 2019
  3. Jose Est Win User
    How do I turn off real -time protection?

Hi Rahul,

If you have Windows 10, you are getting the latest antivirus protection with Windows Defender. Windows Defender actively helps in protecting your PC from malware (malicious software), viruses, and security threats. Windows Defender uses real-time protection.

To turn Windows Defender real-time protection on or off, follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings >
      Update & Security.
    • Select Windows Defender, then turn Real-time protection
      on or off.
    If the on /off button is greyed out, refer to the answer of José Antonio
    Pontón Posada CEO on this thread for troubleshooting steps.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Jose Est, Mar 31, 2019
  4. josh1221 Win User

Cannot turn on Defender Real-Time Protection. Button is grayed out.

Windows Defender Real-time Protection will not turn on

I've done the exact same steps and same for me. Still won't turn on. Anyone have a way to muscle defender into turning on real-time protection?

josh1221, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

Cannot turn on Defender Real-Time Protection. Button is grayed out.

1. Cannot turn on Defender Real-Time Protection. Button is grayed out. - Similar Threads - Cannot turn Defender

2. Cannot turn off real-time protection Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot turn off real-time protection Windows Defender: It stated like that. I already removed all work email but still cannot manage my own personal PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-off-real-time-protection-windows/5164f32f-2733-488a-bebd-9150b3bc3ce1
  3. Cannot turn off real-time protection Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot turn off real-time protection Windows Defender: It stated like that. I already removed all work email but still cannot manage my own personal PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-off-real-time-protection-windows/5164f32f-2733-488a-bebd-9150b3bc3ce1
  4. Cannot Turn On Real-time Protection

Cannot Turn On Real-time Protection: I cannot turn on my real-time protection. Not sure why. Been doing all the solution that was suggested ni forums. What I have done and still cannot turn it on: 1. Restart Windows Security 2. Uninstall 3rd party antivirus software 3. Update Windows 4. Run SFC Scan 5....
  5. cannot turn off the real time protection of defender, why?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot turn off the real time protection of defender, why?: I have try to turn off the real time protection in defender but it will immediately return to on location. why this happen. anyone can help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-off-the-real-time-protection-of/ecbfaed1-db3b-4517-85e4-3fe5beb7c3b7
  6. Couldn't turn on Windows Defender Real-Time Protection, everything is grayed out/not...

Couldn't turn on Windows Defender Real-Time Protection, everything is grayed out/not...: I have no idea when this issue occurred, or how, I just started receiving notifications like "Turn on virus protection" and whenever I open Windows Defender Security System, I only see these [screenshots below]. When I try to run a scan, it doesn't work, saying it's not...
  7. Window Defender: Cannot Turn On Real Time Protection

Window Defender: Cannot Turn On Real Time Protection: I have been using Windows Defender for a while now and it was fine but recently I installed McAfee and used its free trial. After I noticed how slow my computer was I uninstalled it. Now when I go back to Window Defender the option to turn on Real-Time Protection is grayed...
  8. real time protection button in ms defender

real time protection button in ms defender: the on off toggle button on my real time protection will not turn on or highlight. stays grayed out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/real-time-protection-button-in-ms-defender/cf615ff6-254b-4544-9f49-80c2ba41baaf
  9. Windows Defenders - Cannot Turn On / Off Real Time Protection

Windows Defenders - Cannot Turn On / Off Real Time Protection: Hi everyone, I need some help regarding windows defender real-time protection. My computer was attacked with a virus when I was installing a program. After the attack, I can't turn on my Windows Defender Real-Time Protection as it is stated that the setting can only be...
  10. I cannot turn on real time protection in windows defender?

I cannot turn on real time protection in windows defender?: I cannot turn on real time protection in Windows defender, What do I need to do in order to turn this on?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. real time protection greyed out

2. windows defender buttons greyed out

3. cant turn on windows antivirus windows 10

4. windows defender greyed out cant turn on,
  5. how to turn on real time protection in win 10,
  6. windows defender real time protection has now on/off button,
  7. threat protection greyed out windows,
  8. real time protection,
  9. turn windows defender real-time protection greyed,
  10. windows defender real time protection turn on greyed out,
  11. microsoft real time protection greyed out,