Windows 10: Cannot turn on HDR mode in Windows 10 Pro N.

Discus and support Cannot turn on HDR mode in Windows 10 Pro N. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't know if that feature is missing from the N version or something else. When I click the button both screens go black for a sec then I see that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ferikehun, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Cannot turn on HDR mode in Windows 10 Pro N.

I don't know if that feature is missing from the N version or something else.

When I click the button both screens go black for a sec then I see that the option is still turned off. (Tried with regedit too)

From the 3 things that say your display supports HDR in the same menu the bottom 2 say yes and the first which is video, for some reason is no.

I connected my TV through HDMI 2.1 to my PC. I can stream HDR content through DLNA and it plays fine, with HDR.

My TV is a Philips 43PUS6504/12. Not really HDR capable in brightness but I would still like to enable it Windows if possible.

submitted by /u/ferikehun
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ferikehun, Sep 27, 2020
  2. AN_7 Win User

Problem with HDR in full screen mode

Hi David, my name is Andrew and I'm an Independent advisor here to help you.

Please follow this guideline:

Guide 1: Try to update Graphics Card Drivers. Update the Display Drivers, then restart your PC once and check if that helps

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402844...

Guide 2: Try the troubleshooting steps provided in HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/404026...

The part about Display requirements for HDR in Windows 10 from the above article will help you to check the compatibility of your monitor for HDR.

Guide 3: Reduce Frame Rate.

1: Open Settings, System, Display, Advanced display settings, Display adapter properties

2: Switch to Monitor tab, Select 30 Hertz for the Screen refresh rate and click on OK

3: To change Frame Rate go to Display adapter properties and reduce resolution, then switch to Adapter tab and choose List All Modes.

4: In List All Modes, choose the setting that includes 1920 by 1080, 60 Hertz, then click on OK

5: Restart your PC

Write me back if it works or not.

Thanks,

Andrew N.

3. HDR streaming not turning on.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern that the HDR streaming is crashing in your laptop. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?

However, we would like you to update the display/graphics driver to the latest version and also suggest you to refer this article and let us know the status of the issue:

Stream HDR video on Windows 10

We await your response,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator.

Aditya_Roy, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Cannot turn on HDR mode in Windows 10 Pro N.

can not turn on 10-bit video decoding for enabiling HDR mode

Hi tahmid alam fahim,

To play streaming high dynamic range (HDR) video in Windows 10 (version 1803), the built-in display for your laptop, tablet, or 2-in-1 PC needs to support HDR. To find the specifications for a specific laptop or tablet, visit the device manufacturer’s website.

Here are the requirements:

• The built-in display needs to have a resolution of 1080p or more, and a recommended max brightness of 300 nits or more.
    • The Windows 10 device needs to have an integrated graphics card that supports PlayReady hardware digital rights management (for protected HDR content), and it must have the required codecs installed for 10-bit video decoding. (For example, devices that
      have a 7th Generation Intel Core processor, code-named Kaby Lake, support this.)

To check if your Windows 10 PC has the required hardware to display HDR, and to find out if your display supports HDR10, yo ucan follow the steps below:

1. Press the Windows logo key + R, type
      dxdiag
      , and then select OK.
    2. Select Yes at the prompt.
    3. In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, on the System
      tab, look in the System Information area.
    4. To save the information to a file, select Save all
      information, and then name and save the text file.
    5. Open the text file, and look at the value for HDR Support. If it says
      Supported, this indicates that your display supports HDR10.

Upon researching, I have checked that your device does not support HDR mode. You can check this

link
    for more information.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Cannot turn on HDR mode in Windows 10 Pro N.

1. Cannot turn on HDR mode in Windows 10 Pro N. - Similar Threads - Cannot turn HDR

2. Windows 10 pro n to WIndows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro n to WIndows 10 pro: I want from Windows 10 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro but I don't know how, Does anyone know? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-n-to-windows-10-pro/b8293a60-3a5d-498a-9c24-70428e31c872
  3. Windows 10 pro n to WIndows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 pro n to WIndows 10 pro: I want from Windows 10 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro but I don't know how, Does anyone know? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-n-to-windows-10-pro/b8293a60-3a5d-498a-9c24-70428e31c872
  4. Windows 10 pro n to WIndows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 pro N to Windows 10 pro

Windows 10 pro N to Windows 10 pro: I just got my laptop repaired recently after a hard drive issue. I had windows 10 pro installed on my laptop but the technician from which I got my laptop repaired installed a very early edition of windows 10 pro N. I want to know if I can go back to the normal windows 10...
  6. Windows 10 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro: I have an activation key for windows 10 Pro but I accidentally installed Windows 10 Pro N, I know it is probably simple and I am just dumb but can someone walk me through the steps of going from Pro N to Pro....
  7. Windows 10 64 N to Windows 10 pro NO N

Windows 10 64 N to Windows 10 pro NO N: I have Windows 10 64 bit Pro N and want to migrate to the non N version. N has way to many restrictions. Is this possible without losing everything?...
  8. Windows 10 pro N

Windows 10 pro N: I tried to install win 10 pro n on my pc with win 10 pro activation key but it can't be use, why ? 135565
  9. Windows 10 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro: Hey, I have a license for Windows 7 Professional and while downloading the ISO image from tech bench, I have chosen "Windows 10 Pro N". So now after the install, I found out my license isn't accepted for the N version, they seem to be very picky about this single letter...
  10. Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro N

Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro N: I already installed and activated my copy of Windows 10 Pro. Is it to late to install Windows 10 Pro N? 10505