Windows 10: Cannot turn on "potentially unwanted app blocking"

Discus and support Cannot turn on "potentially unwanted app blocking" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-on-potentially-unwanted-app-blocking/d3b72beb-3c9b-46f2-bc61-0bbe82da3b2d Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by OwenBland, Aug 30, 2020.

1. OwenBland Win User

Cannot turn on "potentially unwanted app blocking"

Problem

:)

OwenBland, Aug 30, 2020
  2. meebers Win User

Protection History Warning - Potentially unwanted app found

This just popped up, potentially unwanted app found. Detected MiniTool_Partition_Wizard_Bundleinstaller?? Tried Remove, Quarantine - does not remove the Yellow Triangle. Anybody else seen this?? False positive?? Had 2 instances, blocked the first one.

meebers, Aug 30, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Protection History Warning - Potentially unwanted app found

Not exactly a false positive, more a precaution as MiniTool bundle optional apps from their partners in their installer. See this thread, in particular post #2 from MiniToolSupport themselves.

Minitool Partition Wizard Triggers Defender Virus Alert

4. Cannot turn on "potentially unwanted app blocking"

blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to https://familysafety.microsoft.com/ using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Cannot turn on "potentially unwanted app blocking"

1. Cannot turn on "potentially unwanted app blocking" - Similar Threads - Cannot turn potentially

2. I can't turn on potentially unwanted app blocking.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't turn on potentially unwanted app blocking.: I can't turn on potentially unwanted app blocking it automatically turns itself off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-turn-on-potentially-unwanted-app-blocking/dd9aae29-98d8-46ac-83b1-69702d106594
  3. I can't turn on potentially unwanted app blocking.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't turn on potentially unwanted app blocking.: I can't turn on potentially unwanted app blocking it automatically turns itself off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-turn-on-potentially-unwanted-app-blocking/dd9aae29-98d8-46ac-83b1-69702d106594
  4. I can't turn on potentially unwanted app blocking.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Potentially unwanted app blocking turned off but publishers of downloaded apps still...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potentially unwanted app blocking turned off but publishers of downloaded apps still...: I'm running Windows 11 22H2 and this issue just started to occur over the last two weeks... when downloading apps using Edge browser, I noticed the Unblock checkbox started appearing in the properties of said files, and for the first time, today I received a pop-up stating...
  6. Potentially unwanted app blocking turned off but publishers of downloaded apps still...

Potentially unwanted app blocking turned off but publishers of downloaded apps still...: I'm running Windows 11 22H2 and this issue just started to occur over the last two weeks... when downloading apps using Edge browser, I noticed the Unblock checkbox started appearing in the properties of said files, and for the first time, today I received a pop-up stating...
  7. potentially unwanted app

potentially unwanted app: so my computer has been running fine and no issues, and later today i tried to log in and it let me but whenever i restart it just shows a gray screen and i can't do anything....it takes forever to go away, it says this is the issue but i dont know how to fix it. and it said...
  8. potential unwanted apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    potential unwanted apps: i did a scan on my hp computer, found a potential unwanted app. now in the taskbar over the windows security shield their is a yellow triangle and i click on shield and it says windows security action recommend}. i click on shield and it takes me to protection history and...
  9. Potentially unwanted app

Potentially unwanted app: Recent scans are showing PUA:Win32/MyWebSearch loaded on to my PC on 15 June in file: \Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy4\Users\User\Desktop\C\Users\Andy\AppData\LocalLow\HeadlineAlley_29\bar\Cache\1CBDAD6E.cab. I've run the Remove action in protection history several times,...
  10. Blocking potentially unwanted applications

Blocking potentially unwanted applications: Hi. For people using Windows 10 Home1909, is their a way to set your windows defender to block PUPs and PUAs? And I know that the new Edge has an option to do this but is their a way to make this a system wide setting? Thank You....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. potentially unwanted app blocking block apps