Windows 10: Cannot turn on the Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 ...help please!

Discus and support Cannot turn on the Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 ...help please! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently installed a new Tp Link Wifi pci wireless adapter in my Windows desktop. The hotspot was working just fine after I installed this, up until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gary3072, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Gary3072 Win User

Cannot turn on the Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 ...help please!

I recently installed a new Tp Link Wifi pci wireless adapter in my Windows desktop. The hotspot was working just fine after I installed this, up until a few nights ago, and haven't been able to turn it on since. I don't know if the card has anything to do with this since I had used a different usb wifi adapter before and the hotspot feature did this same thing with that previous adapter, but did turn on again on after a few hours.

I have tried everything under the sun to try and fix this including restarting the mobile service under "Services" and tried manually restarting the "host service" under command prompt, restarted the "Internet Connection Sharing ICS " ..etc....

Is this a glitch in a new Win10 update or is there a setting Im not fixing / trying ?

Any help or info would be sincerely appreciated! :

:)

Gary3072, Feb 22, 2020

2. Turned Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot "ON" but not visible on devices..

have you followed all the steps? U might have missed something. Check out instructions mentioned here Windows 10 Tip: Set Up a Mobile Hotspot - Thurrott.com

lorraine walsh, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 22, 2020
  4. tommygun Win User

Projecting to this PC with Mobile Hotspot turned on ?

Hi.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro version 1909 trying to cast my Android phone to Windows 10 with Mobile Hotspot turned on.

The phone is connected to the internet with Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot, but the screen cast is only is working when Mobile Hotspot is turned off.

Is there a way to screen cast with Mobile Hotspot turned on ?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

tommygun, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot turn on the Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 ...help please! - Similar Threads - Cannot turn Mobile

2. Laptop cannot access to Internet if mobile hotspot is turned on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop cannot access to Internet if mobile hotspot is turned on: I have a problem after installing KB5014699 update for Window 10When I turned on mobile hotspot, other devices can connect and access to Internet, but my laptop can't. And if mobile hotspot turned off, my laptop can connect to Internet as normal....
  3. turning mobile hotspot for hp window 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    turning mobile hotspot for hp window 10: i failed to turn on mobile hotspot in my pc it tells me that i have not connected to any internet that is why it cant turned on while i have connected to modem internet broadband modem...
  4. Windows 10 not showing mobile hotspot in wifi. Please help me.

Windows 10 not showing mobile hotspot in wifi. Please help me.: Windows 10 not showing mobile hotspot in wifi. Please help me. I turn on hotspot in mobile but windows 10 not showing . I will try restart my laptop windows 10 but I still this problem....
  5. Turn Windows 10 PC into a mobile hotspot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn Windows 10 PC into a mobile hotspot: I use Xfinity cable connected per my work requirement. When I turn on Mobile hotspot in my settings, I can use Xfinity Wifi all throughout my condo on other devices not connected by cable. I thought this was great. Then I discovered that I could also connect to my hotspot,...
  6. HELP! Can't turn on Mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! Can't turn on Mobile hotspot: [ATTACH] I am connected to a Broadband (PPPOE) connection. But hotspot says I have no internet so they can't set up hotspot. Now every time it shows i'm connected with two connection and one of them has no internet. In the 3rd picture Realtek PCle FE has no internet but...
  7. Automatically Turn On Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10

Automatically Turn On Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10: I already success setting mobile hotspot and share my LAN internet connection though WIFI in my windows 10 computer. My problem is every time i turn off computer then turn it on again, i must click mobile hotspot to turn on it and share my LAN internet. Is there a way to...
  8. Cannot turn on mobile hotspot

Cannot turn on mobile hotspot: I am unable to turn on the mobile hotspot after the window is updated to window 10 version 1803. I still can turn it on yesterday but now it say we cant set up mobile hotspot. Any solution for this?...
  9. Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 You can turn your Windows 10 PC into a mobile hotspot by sharing your Internet connection with other devices over Wi-Fi. You can share a Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or cellular...
  10. Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot on a Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a mobile hotspot with your Windows 10 Mobile phone to share your cellular data connection with other...