Windows 10: Cannot Turn on TPM

Discus and support Cannot Turn on TPM in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Yesterday the TPM was locked on my laptop. Following expiration of the lock-out period I updated the TPM from 1.2 to 2.0 in the bios. Now when I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RobBoston83, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Cannot Turn on TPM

Yesterday the TPM was locked on my laptop.

Following expiration of the lock-out period I updated the TPM from 1.2 to 2.0 in the bios.

Now when I try and prepare the TPM I get the error message detailed in the picture.

I have tried a number of actions to rectify including the following:

• Turned TPM off and on
    • Disabled and Enabled TPM
    • Cleared the TPM

Any ideas on how to rectify this?

The only thing to mention is that I updated the Bios to the latest version earlier in the week then I did the TPM Bios update.

Cannot Turn on TPM [​IMG]

:)

RobBoston83, Jul 2, 2020

2. Cannot Turn on TPM

Yesterday the TPM was locked on my laptop.

Following expiration of the lock-out period I updated the TPM from 1.2 to 2.0 in the bios.

Now when I try and prepare the TPM I get the error message detailed in the picture.

I have tried a number of actions to rectify including the following:

• Turned TPM off and on
    • Disabled and Enabled TPM
    • Cleared the TPM

Any ideas on how to rectify this?

The only thing to mention is that I updated the Bios to the latest version earlier in the week then I did the TPM Bios update.

Cannot Turn on TPM [​IMG]

RobBoston83, Aug 5, 2020
  3. TPM update

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread but whatever, laptop informed me that " a firmware update is needed for you security processor (TPM)," now, i looked up what to do and from a microsoft support thing, the last step says to clear the tpm. it has a warning saying to back up my data, i would like to know what clearing the tpm does, and what measures i need to take to make sure nothing goes wrong.

ReeeeallyThough, Aug 5, 2020
  4. I3V
    i3v Win User

Cannot Turn on TPM

TPM Console Error 0x8007007A

PS.

1. I've also just tried to uninstall the TPM device, like suggested
      here.
    2. I've also just tried

Code:
    $tpm = gwmi -n root\cimv2\security\microsofttpm win32_tpm$tpm.SetPhysicalPresenceRequest(6)
    as suggested
    here
    and
    here

Nothing changed.

Here's some additional info, just-in-case:

Code:
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> gwmi -n root\cimv2\security\microsofttpm win32_tpm__GENUS                     : 2__CLASS                     : Win32_Tpm__SUPERCLASS                :__DYNASTY                   : Win32_Tpm__RELPATH                   : Win32_Tpm=@__PROPERTY_COUNT            : 10__DERIVATION                : {}__SERVER                    : MY-PC-NAME__NAMESPACE                 : root\cimv2\security\microsofttpm__PATH                      : \\MY-PC-NAME\root\cimv2\security\microsofttpm:Win32_Tpm=@IsActivated_InitialValue    : TrueIsEnabled_InitialValue      : TrueIsOwned_InitialValue        : TrueManufacturerId              : 1112687437ManufacturerIdTxt           : BRCMManufacturerVersion         : 7.11ManufacturerVersionFull20   : Not SupportedManufacturerVersionInfo     :PhysicalPresenceVersionInfo : 1.0SpecVersion                 : 1.2, 2, 1PSComputerName              : MY-PC-NAMEPS C:\WINDOWS\system32> get-tpmTpmPresent                : TrueTpmReady                  : TrueManufacturerId            : 1112687437ManufacturerIdTxt         : BRCMManufacturerVersion       : 7.11ManufacturerVersionFull20 : Not Supported for TPM 1.2ManagedAuthLevel          : FullOwnerAuth                 :OwnerClearDisabled        : FalseAutoProvisioning          : EnabledLockedOut                 : FalseLockoutHealTime           : Not Supported for TPM 1.2LockoutCount              : Not Supported for TPM 1.2LockoutMax                : Not Supported for TPM 1.2SelfTest                  : {128, 159, 126, 96}

Thema:

Cannot Turn on TPM

1. Cannot Turn on TPM - Similar Threads - Cannot Turn TPM

2. Windows 11 Pro Local Security Authority TPM 2.0 cannot be turned on! Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro Local Security Authority TPM 2.0 cannot be turned on! Why?: The Problem:The Local Security Authority LSA is off. My desire is to turn it on, but I am unable. I'm 100% satisfied that my system hardware, BIOS, etc. can support TPM 2.0, not only because this feature was enabled in October 2022, when Windows 11 was installed fresh update...
  3. Windows 11 Pro Local Security Authority TPM 2.0 cannot be turned on! Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Local Security Authority TPM 2.0 cannot be turned on! Why?: The Problem:The Local Security Authority LSA is off. My desire is to turn it on, but I am unable. I'm 100% satisfied that my system hardware, BIOS, etc. can support TPM 2.0, not only because this feature was enabled in October 2022, when Windows 11 was installed fresh update...
  4. TPM vs Bitlocker. This device cannot use TPM. Is my TPM or isn't compatible with Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM vs Bitlocker. This device cannot use TPM. Is my TPM or isn't compatible with Windows...: A few details up front, my Windows 10 is able to inform me about TPM status:-TPM Present: True -TPM Version: 2.0 -TPM Manufacturer ID: INTC -TPM Manufacturer Full Name: Intel TpmPresent : True TpmReady : True TpmEnabled : True TpmActivated : True TpmOwned : True...
  5. TPM vs Bitlocker. This device cannot use TPM. Is my TPM or isn't compatible with Windows...

TPM vs Bitlocker. This device cannot use TPM. Is my TPM or isn't compatible with Windows...: A few details up front, my Windows 10 is able to inform me about TPM status:-TPM Present: True -TPM Version: 2.0 -TPM Manufacturer ID: INTC -TPM Manufacturer Full Name: Intel TpmPresent : True TpmReady : True TpmEnabled : True TpmActivated : True TpmOwned : True...
  6. Safely Disable/Turn off TPM 2.0?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safely Disable/Turn off TPM 2.0?: To prepare for Windows 11 roll-out, I enabled TPM 2.0 in BIOS on my Win 10 Pro system. I've decided to hold off on updating to Win 11, and would like to disable the TPM again. To my knowledge, nothing is using or has used the TPM since it was enabled, so can I safely disable...
  7. Safely Disable/Turn off TPM 2.0?

Safely Disable/Turn off TPM 2.0?: To prepare for Windows 11 roll-out, I enabled TPM 2.0 in BIOS on my Win 10 Pro system. I've decided to hold off on updating to Win 11, and would like to disable the TPM again. To my knowledge, nothing is using or has used the TPM since it was enabled, so can I safely disable...
  8. Safely Disable/Turn off TPM 2.0?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Tpm driver cannot find???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tpm driver cannot find???: I ran thisTPM disabled??Then is this wrong???Then to avoid the confusion i thought of reinstalling TPM from device manager But i get this errorPlease help Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tpm-driver-cannot-find/a71efbd1-b47c-4b0a-8422-6476c7ab58f2
  10. Turn on Bit locker without a trusted TPM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn on Bit locker without a trusted TPM: I recently upgraded my aging laptop from a standard HDD to a new SSD and upgraded RAM, I have Windows 10 Pro I would like to use the BitLocker, I have to enable it without the Trusted TPM as the original HDD is no longer in the computer (cracked HDD). Please let me know what...