Windows 10: Cannot turn-on volume icon in task bar.

Discus and support Cannot turn-on volume icon in task bar. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The colume icon disappeared and I can not turn on the volume icon in task bar. When I going to "Taskbar settings->Turn system icons on or off", it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AldrichTang, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Cannot turn-on volume icon in task bar.

The colume icon disappeared and I can not turn on the volume icon in task bar. When I going to "Taskbar settings->Turn system icons on or off", it shows the volume icon has been set as "on". But, if I choose to turn it ("Volume") off, the network icon disappear.

Also, If I choose to set the network icon to on/off by using its corresponding button, it can work normally.

It seems likely that these two button, Volume and Network became same thing and both of them can only control the network icon.

:)

AldrichTang, Nov 21, 2018
  2. STDennis Win User

My volume icon is missing from the task bar. How to I reinstall the icon on the task bar?

If you right click on an empty section on your task bar, you can select "Task bar settings"

In the new settings window, scroll down to the "Notification area" section and click "Turn system icons on or off". Hopefully you can turn the volume icon to on.

STDennis, Nov 21, 2018
  3. David Haz Win User
    Volume Icon will not load to Notification Bar

Hello,

May we know if you have made any software or hardware changes to your device prior to the issue?

We suggest to check if the system icons are turned off/on. To check the system icons, follow the steps below:

• Press the Start button, then click Settings
      > Personalization > Taskbar > Turn system icons on or off.
    • Check if the Volume is turned off/on.

We look forward to an update from you.

Regards.

David Haz, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Cannot turn-on volume icon in task bar.

battery icon on task bar

Hi Pete,

Windows 10 has a feature to personalize your task bar icons. To retrieve the missing battery icon on your taskbar, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on the taskbar and select Settings.
    • Under Notification Area, click Turn system icons on or off.
    • Look for Power and toggle Power to On. Your battery icon should appear in the system tray again.

Let us know if this worked.

Xylee Del, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

Cannot turn-on volume icon in task bar.

1. Cannot turn-on volume icon in task bar. - Similar Threads - Cannot turn volume

2. volume control on task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume control on task bar: The volume control icon on my wife side of the shared desktop will no longer work when it did before. We are currently on Windows 10. I've noticed that with each Windows migration that the older systems are affected by various "updates". I would like to restore her control of...
  3. volume control on task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume control on task bar: The volume control icon on my wife side of the shared desktop will no longer work when it did before. We are currently on Windows 10. I've noticed that with each Windows migration that the older systems are affected by various "updates". I would like to restore her control of...
  4. volume control on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. task bar volume icon not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    task bar volume icon not working: task bar volume icon not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-volume-icon-not-working/cc56ba2e-ba43-406b-95e5-acb9fc4b6ab6
  6. Volume Control on task bar

Volume Control on task bar: Then volume icon in my task bar is inoperative. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-control-on-task-bar/63d959a8-37e8-445e-bee0-096dda4bdc50
  7. volume icon on task bar not working

volume icon on task bar not working: how can I turn the volume icon on the taskbar back on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-icon-on-task-bar-not-working/1365600e-edbb-4b25-ba0e-467f1926bc14
  8. Volume Icon on Task Bar is gone!

Volume Icon on Task Bar is gone!: The Volume icon on the task bar has disappeared. I cannot changed the volume! There is an ^ symbol now and that gives a box with a number of items I never use. How do I get the Volume icon back!!?...
  9. Cannot add battery icon to task bar

Cannot add battery icon to task bar: The battery icon is not being shown on the taskbar. I used settings to change , but it is on there and the icon is not yet appearing. Please help me out . My PC is hp Pavilion 14 ce....
  10. Volume Icon for Task Bar unable to be turned on after October Update 2018

Volume Icon for Task Bar unable to be turned on after October Update 2018: So after updating last night to the October Update for Windows 10, I turn my PC on to find that the volume icon is now missing from my task bar, upon further inspection I went into my settings and tried to re enable the icon, but it has been grayed out in the off position...