Windows 10: Cannot turn on windows start sound

Discus and support Cannot turn on windows start sound in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can find nowhere how to turn on the start up sound for windows 10 version 1903. All the instructions here in the forum do not seem to apply to that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JJG10, Jun 22, 2019.

1. JJG10 Win User

Cannot turn on windows start sound

I can find nowhere how to turn on the start up sound for windows 10 version 1903. All the instructions here in the forum do not seem to apply to that version. For instance, the instructions say to use Personalize's sound but there is no sound in the personalize window. And the reg file to turn the start up sound has no effect.

What am I missing besides getting old and grouchy?

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Jun 22, 2019

2. windows 10 start and exit sounds

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the windows start up sound.

• Type sounds
      in the control panel.

• Click on sounds.

• Under program events ,under
      windows just click windows logon.

• Enable play start up sounds.

• From speech
      select the sound for windows logon.

• Click on apply.

• Click ok.
    Method 2

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the windows log off sound.

• Type sounds in the
      control panel.

• Click on sounds.

• Under program events ,under
      windows just click windows logoff.

• From speech select the sound for
      windows logoff.

• Click on apply.

• Click ok.
    If windows logon and logoff options are not available,then in that case you just need to

• Enable play start up sounds.to get the windows start up sound .And by default there will be single sound available for windows logon sound.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Jun 22, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Cannot turn on windows start sound :p

cadaveca, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Cannot turn on windows start sound

Sound on windows 10

Hi,

To assist you better, I like to know below details,

• Are trying to turn off the notification sound?

• Do you get any notification when you get the sound?

• Did you set up reminder on the calendar?
    Meanwhile, if you are trying to turn off the notification sound I would suggest you to follow below steps and check if it helps,

• Click on your Start Button, then

• Click on Settings.

• Click on System.

• Click on Notifications and Actions. Under the heading,

• Show Notifications from these Apps,

• Click on your Apps in that list, then

• Turn Off "play a sound when a notification arrives."
    Please reply to us with the detailed description of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Cannot turn on windows start sound

1. Cannot turn on windows start sound - Similar Threads - Cannot turn start

2. Windows starting and closing computer sounds cannot be disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows starting and closing computer sounds cannot be disabled: Hi there :-Although I have proceeded in the Sytem control panel the usual procedure to solve this problem and have all fields "disabled", these silly and loud starting and closing sounds continues to play. That was never before in my system and I am told thi is caused by a...
  3. Windows starting and closing computer sounds cannot be disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows starting and closing computer sounds cannot be disabled: Hi there :-Although I have proceeded in the Sytem control panel the usual procedure to solve this problem and have all fields "disabled", these silly and loud starting and closing sounds continues to play. That was never before in my system and I am told thi is caused by a...
  4. Sound Control Panel - Headset shows up but cannot be turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Control Panel - Headset shows up but cannot be turned on: HiI have a ASUS TUF Gaming A15, with Realtek Audio and windows 11.Also have the HyperX Cloud Stinger headset. Sound quality is amazing, but everyone says that the mic is too quiet mainly in games where nobody can't hear me. I checked the sound control panel, and in recording...
  5. Sound Control Panel - Headset shows up but cannot be turned on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Control Panel - Headset shows up but cannot be turned on: HiI have a ASUS TUF Gaming A15, with Realtek Audio and windows 11.Also have the HyperX Cloud Stinger headset. Sound quality is amazing, but everyone says that the mic is too quiet mainly in games where nobody can't hear me. I checked the sound control panel, and in recording...
  6. cannot change windows start up sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot change windows start up sound: Hello, I was trying to change Windows 10 start up sound using this guide https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-10/how-to-change-the-windows-10-startup-sound/and when I got to the part where you select the program event to change the sound, I couldn't find one that says windows...
  7. Window 10 version 2004 system sounds cannot turn off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 version 2004 system sounds cannot turn off.: Hey guys, currently I faced a problem that I couldn't turn of my system sounds after update my window to version 2004. Here is what I have done: 1. Right-click on the Speakers of the taskbar. 2. Click on the Open Volume M0ixer. 3. Scroll down the volume of System...
  8. Starting Sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Starting Sound: Sometimes if I turn my Computer off I get the "starting" sound instead of the "turning Off" Sound. Why is that? submitted by /u/Sock3nmann [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hvxe96/starting_sound/
  9. cannot turn off recent files in start

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cannot turn off recent files in start: Hi, I wanted to turn of the recent files in the Start menu (e.g. when writing the name of an app, the recently opened files appear; since this last win10 update, when you click the arrow on the right of the app's name). 1) So I turned off jump lists (in Start > Settings >...
  10. Windows 10 acting weird, no sound and cannot open start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 acting weird, no sound and cannot open start menu: Hi, So yesterday I suddenly started experiencing a series of problems with my laptop. Everything was fun until I tried to open a folder (which I use a lot) and I got an error message saying "Location is not available": "Folder is not accessible. The file or directory...